roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NBA's O'Neal fined for criticizing officials

(AFP)–1 day ago

NEW YORK — Boston Celtics giant center Shaquille O'Neal has been slapped with a 35,000 dollar fine by the National Basketball Association for criticizing game officials, the league announced.

The fine comes after O'Neal fouled out of Boston's 86-78 loss to Orlando in the fourth quarter on Saturday.

O'Neal finished with just two points in 13 minutes of work and referred to the officials as "control freaks" in his post-game comments.

O'Neal has now fouled out 63 times in his career.

NBA's O'Neal fined for criticizing officials

(AFP)–1 day ago

NEW YORK — Boston Celtics giant center Shaquille O'Neal has been slapped with a 35,000 dollar fine by the National Basketball Association for criticizing game officials, the league announced.

The fine comes after O'Neal fouled out of Boston's 86-78 loss to Orlando in the fourth quarter on Saturday.

O'Neal finished with just two points in 13 minutes of work and referred to the officials as "control freaks" in his post-game comments.

O'Neal has now fouled out 63 times in his career.

LOL? What'd he get fined for

He said this after the Christmas Day loss to Orlando:

"We have two premier big men out there today. He is pushing, I'm pushing. Let us play,'' O'Neal said. "If I was fan, I would be pissed. You pay all that money for good seats and you have two of the best guys in the country sitting on the bench. That's what happens when you have control freaks out there.''
O'Neal was referring to the officiating crew, and particularly veteran official Bob Delaney, who wears No. 26 on his back.

"I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play. He was a great player out there today,'' O'Neal said. "They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you're going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don't pick and choose who you are going to call it against.''

LOL? What'd he get fined for

He said this after the Christmas Day loss to Orlando:

"We have two premier big men out there today. He is pushing, I'm pushing. Let us play,'' O'Neal said. "If I was fan, I would be pissed. You pay all that money for good seats and you have two of the best guys in the country sitting on the bench. That's what happens when you have control freaks out there.''
O'Neal was referring to the officiating crew, and particularly veteran official Bob Delaney, who wears No. 26 on his back.

"I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play. He was a great player out there today,'' O'Neal said. "They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you're going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don't pick and choose who you are going to call it against.''

Back
Top Bottom