6XLT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Ok, label me a hater ( I actually really like Shaq and his sense of humor) or what have you, but this is kind of a %#+@@% thing for Shaq to do. Everyone knows that $35,000 to Shaq is nothing, but to laugh about it is terribly tacky. It's also a slap in the face to most of the consumers he supposedly was catering to when he decided to sell affordable shoes. When Shaq signed his shoe deal with Exeter he said he did it to give the less fortunate an opportunity to own a signature shoe. Laughing about how 35,000 means nothing to him seems kind of hypocritical of him.
Have you ever told a cashier to keep the change or dropped a dime or quarter and said "#*+% it, I'm not picking that up".  I'm sure there are plenty of homeless dudes who would $$$% a kidney for all the loose change we "throw away", but I don't here you going to war about that.

Ok, label me a hater ( I actually really like Shaq and his sense of humor) or what have you, but this is kind of a %#+@@% thing for Shaq to do. Everyone knows that $35,000 to Shaq is nothing, but to laugh about it is terribly tacky. It's also a slap in the face to most of the consumers he supposedly was catering to when he decided to sell affordable shoes. When Shaq signed his shoe deal with Exeter he said he did it to give the less fortunate an opportunity to own a signature shoe. Laughing about how 35,000 means nothing to him seems kind of hypocritical of him.

u+gelly.jpg

Dude is just having a little fun. Calm down, bro.

Have you ever told a cashier to keep the change or dropped a dime or quarter and said "#*+% it, I'm not picking that up".  I'm sure there are plenty of homeless dudes who would $$$% a kidney for all the loose change we "throw away", but I don't here you going to war about that.

u+gelly.jpg

Dude is just having a little fun. Calm down, bro.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Going to war? Jesus.

I don't see the parallel, I'm sorry.  I could see your point if I went outside to laugh and joke about me dropping a meaningless dime to a homeless man.

Going to war? Jesus.

I don't see the parallel, I'm sorry.  I could see your point if I went outside to laugh and joke about me dropping a meaningless dime to a homeless man.

Going to war? Jesus.

He didnt go outside though. In fact, he was in a LOCKER ROOM. There were probably a few naked dudes 2 feet away, we gotta cut these people some slack at some point.
Its not like he called a press conference to laugh at poor people. Dude was just having a little bit of fun...at the expense at how petty the NBA has become.

Going to war? Jesus.

He didnt go outside though. In fact, he was in a LOCKER ROOM. There were probably a few naked dudes 2 feet away, we gotta cut these people some slack at some point.
Its not like he called a press conference to laugh at poor people. Dude was just having a little bit of fun...at the expense at how petty the NBA has become.

Originally Posted by Diego

Going to war? Jesus.

Look, I'm not disgusted or anything by Shaq. I am not any less of a Shaq fan now than I was prior to reading this story or anything. I was just saying it comes across as tacky.  Scoffing at a sum of cash the people he has catered to would consider great is pretty tacky. 

Also, you can't say that he didn't do it in front of a bunch of people when there is a camera filming.  That's not the same at all.

Originally Posted by Diego

Going to war? Jesus.

Look, I'm not disgusted or anything by Shaq. I am not any less of a Shaq fan now than I was prior to reading this story or anything. I was just saying it comes across as tacky.  Scoffing at a sum of cash the people he has catered to would consider great is pretty tacky. 

Also, you can't say that he didn't do it in front of a bunch of people when there is a camera filming.  That's not the same at all.

Back
Top Bottom