Shaq's rookie highlights dayum.

everysingletime

formerly amel223
I forgot how fast and agile he was. 
eek.gif
at that fast break and his no look pass. We'll probably will never see a center with that combo of speed and power again.

I forgot how fast and agile he was. 
eek.gif
at that fast break and his no look pass. We'll probably will never see a center with that combo of speed and power again.

Him, Dwight, Admiral, all three when they came into the League, they were freakish with their athleticism for their size.

It's sad that Dwight doesn't have the skills that Admiral and Shaq had in their careers.

Him, Dwight, Admiral, all three when they came into the League, they were freakish with their athleticism for their size.

It's sad that Dwight doesn't have the skills that Admiral and Shaq had in their careers.

Dwight needs to sit down and take notes. He has the same athletic ability just none off the offensive talent.

Dwight needs to sit down and take notes. He has the same athletic ability just none off the offensive talent.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In due time JA, patience is a virtue (yea 6 years is along enough, but good things come to those who wait). Besides dude is only 24 so he has lots to go.

In due time JA, patience is a virtue (yea 6 years is along enough, but good things come to those who wait). Besides dude is only 24 so he has lots to go.

Seriously, after seeing that video I kinda feel like I can understand why Shaq is such a hater with Dwight.

Seriously, after seeing that video I kinda feel like I can understand why Shaq is such a hater with Dwight.

That S!!! looked like he was playin against little A!! kids. ridic at how big (pause) yet nimble he was.

That S!!! looked like he was playin against little A!! kids. ridic at how big (pause) yet nimble he was.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

But in 5-6 years, if he doesn't develop the proper skill-set, he won't be able to rely on that athleticism anymore.

At 24, Shaq was averaging 24/12/3.

The boards and blocks are about the same, but offensively, Dwight isn't touching Shaq.

If working with Hakeem doesn't help him out, he is a lost cause.

Dwight already failed when he was working with Ewing, and Hakeem was the better offensive talent, but will he fail again with quite possibly the most skilled offensive big ever?

With all of this said, Dwight isn't touching any of the Centers mentioned in this thread.

Dwight can and probably will be a dominant defensive force throughout his career, but he won't ever be considered one of the greatest if he doesn't start putting up some great scoring nights. You can mention ANY great big man in the history of the NBA, at one point in their career, they could fill it up. Shaq, Admiral, Hakeem, Wilt, Ewing, etc.

The one exception is Russell, but an incredible stat about Russell... He never once had a season where he averaged more points than rebounds.

Back
Top Bottom