shoe cleaning tips compilation

I think I might get in this since I'm pretty good at cleaning shoes too.

I didn't read ALL the replies since I just saw the post now. But from that last posts I read.. it seems that no one has gotten any advice on how to clean the upper of the XI's(wht upper most than likely?) So here's what I do (this is what I do for all my shoes, jsut with some added steps to make the upper white):

Get a cup(something like a styrofoam or whatever you know you aren't using, plastic is good) and pour a li'l bit of LIQUID(that's a MUST, has to be liquid) laundry detergent and then fill the rest of the cup with water. Then get another cup and fill it with COLD water. Get an old toothbrush to dip in the mixed laundry detergent and start scrubing away. Have an old towel around to whipe away the foam that builds up(look at the towel, notice the dirt?). This will work on all parts necessary for cleaning. But you wanna do it it in sections.. like.. maybe midsole first.. and then whipe foam. THen patent leather.. then whipe foam. You wanna do it in sections so you'r enot doin' a whole buncha stuff at once, you can just scrub and whipe. Once you get to the upper(what prolly everyone was waiting for ;D) you scrub and and whipe the foam away. Then get the cup with water and dip the toothbrush in there to rinse off the soap. Now your toothbrush should only have water on it(mostly at elast) and now use that to scrub on what you just scrubed on WITH the detergant. You have to do that so the upper won't have a yellow tint. Using only the detergent will get the dirt off.. but it'll give a yellow tint to your shoes.

If my friend will let me borrow her Digi cam, I can do a before and after kind of thing. And shoe what happens if you don't rinse and srub with water? But if I do take pics, someone is gonna have to post the pics for me, I don't know how to post pics.

AKA yeah that makes sense cuz that's sorta the same way i would clean up shoe laces..it's sorta hard to help ppl out when u don't got shoes they got. well if u guys haven't read from a previous post i'm gonna conduct an experiment on my aj 6 lows' soles i will take pix before i start cleaning them. my hypothesis is can i get the soles clear or partially clear using Crest Whitening toothpaste and a spinbrush??? well i know rubber and teeth are totally different elements but it's worth a try.

btw aj 11 lacing designs coming soon.....i just got a digicam the thing is it's at home and i'm at school well the winter quarter ends DEC 6 so i'm gonna take some pix on the weekend and hopefully i can get some1 to host them by next week...(note i don't have internet access at home.)
i break the necks of ppl who wear the same shoe so tap ur aj11's together and say, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home."

I forgot to add...

For my clear soled shoes, I use Windex. I spray some on and they dip my toothbrush into my mized liquid detergent and water and scrub. The process takes very long though, but works pretty well.If the soles are REALLY yellow, then yuo might wanna take it day by day if you don't have the patience to do it over and over. Now, it won't get you taht DS condition type of clear, but I think you should be pretty happy with the results, I know I am when I do it.

Jean stains can be the worst, I put duck tape on the inside of my jeans to prevent this.
What if heaven was hell and vice versa,,, if i told you go to hell would you think I cursed ya? - Pastor Troy

pic5.picturetrail.com/VOL...610473.jpg

my aj 9 lows soles after cleaning them with hot water and using a toothbrush
still waiting for my aj 6 soles pix
i break the necks of ppl who wear the same shoe so tap ur aj11's together and say, "there's no place like home, there's no place like home."

courtesy Nike.com:

Nike footwear cleaning instructions

Nylon and canvas shoes:

Using a soft cloth, gently scrub the uppers using mild soap and cold water. Air dry. If you choose to wash nylon and canvas shoes in your washing machine, use cold water on a gentle cycle setting with mild detergent. Do not bleach your footwear or use harsh cleaning agents. Do not machine dry.

Leather and suede shoes:

Do not immerse or soak in water. Do not machine wash or dry leather and suede products. Hand wash them using a soft cloth dampened with mild soap and cold water. Air dry. Clean your shoes immediately after use when they have been exposed to mud or dirt. Saddle soap may also be used for leather products. Let them air dry.

Synthetic Durabuck:

Using a soft cloth or soft bristle brush, gently scrub the uppers using mild soap and cold water. Air dry. Do not machine wash or dry the product. Clean your shoes immediately after use when they have been exposed to mud or dirt.

Caution:

Do not machine wash products that have leather or mesh components included on a synthetic leather shoe. Follow the leather washing instructions above. Do not put any Nike shoes in a clothes dryer.

Zeke. Tuss. Isiah Thomas.

Wow, I just got back from downstairs after cleaning my kicks - then I find this!

Great info guys, good stuff

Just cleaned the soles of my AJ9s with just cold water, a brush with soft plastic bristles, and a good strong arm. I used them for the first time over the weekend, so not much dirt to rid off. I'll give the rubber eraser a try next time

I also regularly clean the soles of my FP1s - also using cold water and a brush. For the gold/black, I apply a thin layer of baby oil - for display purposes :smile:
smile.gif

As for suede, as Nike said - hand wash it. My mistake was brushing the suede too hard (I have the white red BB4s). I may have faded the color quite a bit. The thing with the BB4s' suede panel is that it retains too much water. What I do is I let it dry outside - one advantage of living in a tropical country is the sun

As for clear soles, my zoom haven's green, so the yellowing isn't too obvious :smile:
smile.gif

I think cleaning would have to be a regular after-thing. I guess it helps if you clean your kicks regularly right from the start (damn I sounded like my mom)

I used to be a rookie when it came to shoes, so I would always clean my shoes with red or some other crazy colored cloth. Now that I have found out that sometimes the rags will bleed and color the shoe, I have found that you should always use a white, or a very light colored rag.

I got Gatorade stains on my ix mids wt / blk the section in the middle where the laces cross on up. can i put em in the washing machine or what?

i got some soft scrub yesterday, and i tried it on some white on white forces, and it works pretty well, but it took me forever to do.

cleaning AF1s with "Shout" spray works well
"my first addiction, GI Joes and icies after that it was light skinned girls and Nikes"- Jadakiss

I still disagree with the WIndex on patent leather. It'll only dry the leather and make it crack in time.

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

hey AKA Maveric95 or True Blue or NE1 else.......
How do u clean the leather on the true blues??? I can't get some of the black marks off of it.......

Also NE1 have the downtowns in light suede??

I use an eraser and a toothbrush..it works great!!

But I can't get the upper part very clean-the part on the sides with the horizontal lines........

NE HELP?? THANX
conTAYgious
www.sonyericsson.com/P800/

DID U SEE THE NEW BOND? Remember when that one dude takes a picture of Bond with his phone? That's mine.

Anyone tried DURACLEAR for clearing yellow soles or stoppin it?

Back
Top Bottom