Shooting reported at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.....Another one :{

My only thing is that it always seems to be gun control VS mental health, never a combination of both.  An increase in attention to both would be ideal.  It is irresponsible to chalk up all shootings/mass shootings to lack of attention paid to mental health.  Just my 2 cents. 
that one dude last year.. passed all of the mental health tests and shot the women at the college.. hell he had videos on youtube talking about it.. but a black person cant even speak on their issues with cops though...

These mass shootings are highlighting problems, but what problems in particular other than gun laws?

Mental health.

People are going to get guns regardless. You do years in NYC if you're caught with one and people are still out here with them. People kill people.

Shooters need to start killing themselves instead of harming others.

This. Wish the ******* would just kill themselves and be done with it. Especially as they usually take the cowardly way out and off themselves AFTER they ruined many people's lives.

Last edited:
This. Wish the ******* would just kill themselves and be done with it. Especially as they usually take the cowardly way out and off themselves AFTER they ruined many people's lives.
i think some of the shooters think they can beat the case using the whole "mental" thing.

that one dude last year.. passed all of the mental health tests and shot the women at the college.. hell he had videos on youtube talking about it.. but a black person cant even speak on their issues with cops though...
for the love of god please shut the **** up and not bring race into this. NT always gotta shoe horn in race with literally every bad thing that gets posted on this site 

You could also just be a murderer, bad person.
You can't "just be a murderer" and not have some sort of deviance within your brain chemistry. Yes there are instances of passion driven killings or accidental/negligent type behavior. But a mass shooting is premeditated and grossly violent, indicative of psychological and/or cognitive deficiency.

Only way to prevent these things is to have some minority report type system in place.
I think that goes hand in hand with not being right in the head. Many killers people lack empathy, guilt, and remorse; you know, basic human emotions.

Well not everyone who has ever killed anyone else has had something mentally wrong with them. They also have to make choices. On the news all the time there's stories of a driver running someone over in the street and driving away. Does them not caring about another human life mean they're mental or just a bad person which can not be a mental issue?

The worst part about things like this is that its nearly impossible to stop...

Everyone has the "its never going to happen here" mentality.

Last edited:

for the love of god please shut the **** up and not bring race into this. NT always gotta shoe horn in race with literally every bad thing that gets posted on this site 
spitting facts.. right now we dont know so thats why its still "gunman"

You can't "just be a murderer" and not have some sort of deviance within your brain chemistry. Yes there are instances of passion driven killings or accidental/negligent type behavior. But a mass shooting is premeditated and grossly violent, indicative of psychological and/or cognitive deficiency.

Nah, I still believe that there is some choice involved.

Nah, I still believe that there is some choice involved.
Obviously
roll.gif

People with mental health issues make choices too son.

We've been preconditioned as a society to make things about race for last 3 centuries, you think it's just going to go away?

Another gun free zone mass shooting. Gun free zones are easy targets and they continue to be targeted. Schools need armed guards, not gun free zones.
Or the government could make the gun laws more strict and invest a lot more in mental health.
The US is the only country where this happens constantly. When was the last time someone shot up a school in Switzerland? Nearly every household has at least one gun but mass shootings rarely ever happen there.

Some people just don't value life, that's all it is to it.

I went out a few nights ago. I left the spot at 1:30, and I saw on the news the next day that someone got killed at 2:00 in the parking lot :x not even a sketchy area, well lit, decent area. Adding insult to injury, my boy said that people were out there snapchatting the dead body :smh:

Well, duh.

Put it this way: if you devise a plan to end the lives of ordinary citizens at a college, there's something wrong upstairs.

Are you debating that?

Well that means you're an evil scumbag. Like I said before not everyone who has killed someone else has some kind of mental disorder. Just because people say you should have this amount of emotion or feeling doesn't mean it's true for everyone.

Or the government could make the gun laws more strict and invest a lot more in mental health.
Bingo.  It doesn't have to be one or the other.  Investing money into mental health issues is not going to keep these type of situations from happening, but down the road when we are all dead and gone I'm sure it can and will have some impact on preventing these situations.  The 'quick fix' is gun control/gun laws.  A healthy mix of the two would be ideal. 

To the mental health point:  If every killer had mental health issues, why do we have so many prisons?  Why are dudes getting 30-life instead of being put into mental health facilities.  Having mental health problems and being evil are not one in the same imo.

Last edited:
Well that means you're an evil scumbag. Like I said before not everyone who has killed someone else has some kind of mental disorder. Just because people say you should have this amount of emotion or feeling doesn't mean it's true for everyone.
Evil scumbag insinuates sociopathy. So....mental health.

Of course everyone who kills doesn't have mental health. There are varying degrees of culpability and intent is not always the same.

But, why don't we focus on murder one, since this is exactly what happened here.

Well not everyone who has ever killed anyone else has had something mentally wrong with them. They also have to make choices. On the news all the time there's stories of a driver running someone over in the street and driving away. Does them not caring about another human life mean they're mental or just a bad person which can not be a mental issue?

I didnt said all killers suffer from mental illness because it's not true.

A hit a run is manslaughter. Intention is important. If youre talking about a suge knight case then the killer is just a ****** person with low morals. They exist too.

So you guys are just repeating what I wrote. All I said was you don't have to have a mental problem to kill someone. I've thought about killing a few people I don't like but I am considered a mentally normal person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom