****Shop Gentei**** Integrity = minimum these days.

He deleted it!
roll.gif

Good thing you Printscreen!

Got 'em!

I'm a double major. On my way to Law school.

Sociology and Criminology.

I guess one Major helped me with the "investigation" the other helped me see the B*I*T*C*H in these dudes Oliver & Matt.

This guy said he got his McNutty on... lol

Great post... well put together.. that dude deermatts a clown and a half

What my homeboy just posted in another forum. He wanted me to share this with you. Please forgive his lack of grammar and punctuation....

Now as most of you know i loved this shop at one point in time and you would constantly hear me praise them any chance i had gotten. But after the release ofthe original gray Yeezy's my love began to wane for them. I spoke to the owner of the shop as I had many times before. What he said made me recoil inshock. We spoke of the past and some of the better more exclusive shoes the shop had come through it's doors and the awesome prices they let them go for(DS undftd dunks for $225 a year after release) but after i said how great that was. He responds and said he +###!% up and should have charged brutal pricesfor the shoes. I was like %$+ man that's hardcore. But i just kept going and he repeatedly brought up the fact he wants to charge more and more forexclusive releases just like the bigger shops do. But this was odd to me seeing as though Gentei got it's name for good price and great customer service.But was was the most damning to the shops character was the fact that the night of the Yeezy release they had a party in store. But refused to allow us in theshop for the festivities. Until we saved one of the attendees mother's car from being towed. After it was all said and done i got my shoes but it made medislike Gentei and frequent the shop less and less.

real talk, point blank period... ++$$ all these shops.

dudes cant even sell shoes straight up and let it be first come first serve.
you will never catch me doing a raffle, or an auction for a *%*%+!! pair of shoes.
you will also never see me camping out for days (let alone more than 3 hours for that matter) for a damn pair of shoes.

i want the yeezys... yes i do... but am i about to break my pockets and stand in line for ever just to bid on them?

++$$ outta here

these dudes be thinkin they the %*$* just cause they work at a damn SHOE STORE. go get a career son.

wow im quite suprised. i went out there approx. 5 pm on thursday afternoon right after they said every pair was done for except for 13 and 14 and they werestill "unsure" about the price they were gonna sell them for. So I just left and got ready for the DTLR raffle. And when they finally made up theirmind,they said they would charge $300+tax(RAPE PRICES). But I shop @ Gentei about once a month. In fact,the last item I purchased from them was the "ShopGentei" tee that matched the zen Yeezys. The whole story about the 9 pairs spread like wildflower all over the city. Thats just messed up what they did.And the whole 15 minutes I was even there,it was just so uncomfortable. The 2 dudes they had working in there were just discuraging. I'm not gonna go faras boycotting them,cuz they do have cool SHOP GENTEI shirts and snapbacks but I just wont EVER try to obtain any shoes and/or items from there where i wouldhave to camp because I know for sure this is what will transpire. SMH x10000000000

Lavan,

It's too much goodies for a summary. As Ian said, this would make a great WP article, and I agree.

Once you think you got the point, you read on and you are
eek.gif
2 minuteslater, for like 9 times straight.

Let's not forget Niketalk, "Baltimore doesn't deserve them."

Anyone wanna rekindle that thread. It's still available here in the back pages.
smh.gif

Deleting the blog? O RLY? [Canibus] "That's a b***h move, something a **** rapper would do."

You see how the shoe was carefully placed in that dirty bathroom. I bet bammas had the car cleaning rags out as soon as the picture was snapped.

As my wife always says, "Boys will be boys... The only difference is their toys..."

This is comical.
roll.gif

Personally, its been nothing but love everytime I've gone there the past 2+ years, dolo, with Devin, or with the crew.

I post my pic up here. Oliver knows who I am. And, it never mattered.

But, as I was trying to say at the last meet-up, "campout" crowds get this kind of treatment. It's the SUPREME model. And you guys complain,but will keep going back every "hype" release.

I'm not apart of that crowd, so there is a mutal respect off the top. NO reason for drama when I only want an Os hat they made, or a t-shirt here andthere.

Sad -- and it doesn't jusify any wrongdoings on their part -- but just stating fact.

People initially wanna be a true representative of a city, but down the line, its nothing but talk.

Originally Posted by ShadtotheCity

(DS undftd dunks for $225 a year after release)
Social Studies.

Retail.

I think only a handful of people showed up, and they were there (in today's terms) for a minute.

laugh.gif

Hate to take attention away from the topic at hand but I can't be the only one who laughs every time Kev says "Social Studies".

Damn they just shoes..More than likely they will be rereleased nation wide just give it a few months..All the Nike hype will have them on a nationalrelaese...If u a real sneaker fiend u would no..It is crazy and messed up that people boost the price up for shoes to the moon. With the economy the way it is,if he has to sale shoe tho pay his rent...LOL is all i can say..He might need to grab a real job...Cash Rule Everything Around Me................

Okay...there's too much to address here, but let me clarify a few misconceptions:

1. The party the night of the release of the grey Yeezy's had NOTHING to do with the release of the shoe. It was a PRIVATE fundraiser for a film company.The entity hosting the event specifically requested that no customers be present during the fundraiser. It just so happened that this event fell on the samenight as the release of the shoes. After requesting permission from the event hosts, I was able to let those waiting outside of the shop inside and share inthe festivities. This had nothing to do with anyone's cars being towed, etc.

2. "Deermatt" is not and never has been an employee of Shop Gentei. As far as how he was able to get a pair of Yeezy's, to quote Chris Rock,"99% of the people in this room got their job because a friend recommended them. lt's against the law to get your friend a job?" Let's befair -- and I'm not saying anyone in this thread has said this or not said this, but time and time again I see people on Niketalk bragging about how"sew and sew hooked them up" "gave them a discount" etc. etc. etc. So yeah, he didn't have to wait in line, but he's definitelyhelped us out thanklessly numerous times in the past when we've been in a pinch. How about when we were short-staffed because one of our staff members hadto attend a funeral, and Matt VOLUNTEERED to close up our Towson shop FOR FREE? Thank you Matt. You deserve a hookup once in a while for that one, and a fewlunches on me as well.

3. What one decides to do with the shoes once they are in their possession is up to them. Have I ever resold a pair of shoes in my life? NOPE. How about peopleI've sold shoes to? Most definitely. Plenty of customers asked me if I was going to take a pair for myself. And every time I was asked this, my reply was"NO." Oliver is my friend, and for me to take something from him that he paid X amount of dollars for and then turn around and sell it online fortriple that amount, to me is wrong. It's taking advantage of a friend -- so I don't do it. If I buy something, it's for me or it's a gift forsomeone else. However, not everyone else in the world has the same moral constitution as I.

4. We never sold any shoes to Nike or The-Dream. Our reply was "sorry." And I am still not clear as to why "The-Dream" has a hyphen in hisname. Like, is his dad's last name "The" and his mom's last name is "Dream"?

5. Market dictates price. Let's be real....the economy blows right now. The fact that we are still in business and Circuit City, CompUSA, etc. are out ofbusiness is a personal achievement to me. I work hard for my paycheck and I'm glad that Gentei is still around despite the economic downturn. Sure, wedidn't charge MSRP, but neither did pretty much every other boutique around. And when all is said and done, we still sold these shoes for a lot less thanplenty of other places. It's not like BGE tells us we don't have to pay them this month if our sales are low. To quote one of my favorite customers,"Those TV's don't run on wishes." As someone who helps sign the checks and pay the bills, don't you think it would be stupid to not atleast charge a reasonable markup when other stores are charging $5-600 for these shoes? Every industry has to agree more or less on a common price point for asimilar product. If I owned a gas station and decided I wanted to charge 10 cents a gallon for gas, it would disrupt the industry.

6. What this boils down to is a dispute between two people. The reason Oliver was so agitated is that he was being criticized on his PERSONAL blog. Yes, he isthe shop owner, and yes, by being on the internet he is granting access, but he definitely felt as though his space was violated and a line was crossed, whichis what aggravated the animosity. I'm not saying one person is right and another wrong...but look at it this way...as the owner of Gentei, the line betweenwork and personal life has become virtually nonexistent, so I'm sure Oliver felt as though he was being attacked. He doesn't have a personal problemwith anyone involved in this...why would he? Should he have used a little more discretion? Probably. But he's a human being. Unfortunately, there's oneof him and a whole lot more Niketalkers.

7. Sorry, but putting us on blast like this is just as immature as the way Oliver acted in responding to you. What is the goal? What have I ever done to anyoneto piss them off? So why do I deserve to deal with the brunt of this? I don't. Unfortunately that's how it goes, but I work too hard to be draggedaround. And making fun of how Oliver looks in the photo you posted was uncalled for.

8. The internet is not real. People are.

9. Come on dudes...these are just shoes. Kanye is laughin' at us all.

10. If anyone is upset, all I can do is say I'm sorry. But we deserve an apology as well.

There's plenty more to say, but that's enough for now.

Be easy.

dan

1. The party...

I Was not there so I don't know nor care who was allowed in or out.

2. "Deermatt"...

Like I said many times in my 2 different posts, I DON'T care who you sold them to or for what reason. I just cant accept the lack of preparation and thelies about the amount of sneakers available. * "deermatt" had 3 pairs in 3 different sizes, what did you guys think he was doing? But like I said Idon't care.

Compare the amount of times people came up to you to ask, "How many do you have available?" to the times that you actually went back and counted(which according to your post seems like you only did once, and only done by 1 employee)

Now is that Responsible or Fair to your customers?

3. What one decides to do with the shoes once they are in their possession is up to them... Verytrue. Read post above.

The other reason I put "deermatt" out is because of the arrogance and BS that he post's on sneaker boards. But Like I said I dont care who yousell them to or for how much.

4. We never sold any shoes to Nike or The-Dream...

Once your caught in one lie then it's hard to regain peoples trust in you or your business. Like I've said numerous times, why not RESPECT yourcustomers, tell it how it is, take 5 minutes to go in the back and check the actual amount of shoes in the back.

5. Market dictates price. Let's be real....the economy blows right now...

Come on Dan save us the business class, we all know how this works. Like I've said before, you could have sold them for $1000 for all I care. Just tellme straight up when I call and let me know how many will be available. Then once in line don't pull fast ones on customers.

*Is this too much to ask???

6. What this boils down to is .....

Its a lack of respect and a sense of arrogance by a local business owner. One which should not act like that against people who put food on his table(Customers).

Its not about me and him, its about a shops treatment of their customer.

7. Sorry, but putting us on blast like this...

I expose you as a store. Like people have said in here already, Oliver gives us one face on one day then a spit in it the next.

And in regards to the pic,

Dude put the shoes in the toilet stating, "we found the lost pair."

Why cant I use comic relief in my post as well???

8. The internet is not real. People are...

Held responsible for their actions and for what comes out of their mouth regardless of what forum or medium the use.

Was Don Imus saying.... "It's only the radio! Its not real, its fake, its only transmission of signals by modulation of waves with frequencies belowthose of visible light."

No. He was fired.

9. Come on dudes...these are just shoes...

For the HUNDREDTH time its not about the shoes. Have you even read my posts?

10. If anyone is upset, all I can do is say I'm sorry. But we deserve an apology as well.

Dan I have dealt with you a few more times than I have with Oliver when I gone in the shop and I have no qualms with you. But I cannot go without mentioningthe fact that you could not produce a truthful answer to the question,"how many do you guys have?"

In this whole post of yours you address very few of my points and attempt to answer even less. Prove me WRONG and then I have no problem with being a man andformally apologizing.

Hell, Oliver hasn't even had the decency to do this himself.

Why am I even talking to you then? "I want to speak to your boss!"

My mama would tell me "...if they don't respect you ... they must not respect your money ... so why give it to them ..."

But on the real ...

9d625ec41d76472b07493cd3178bdaa0fbb0f36.gif

I am just surprised to see a person who owns a business in today's economic environment reacting to consumers in this manner ... he should have justapologized to the kids for the mix up ... given them a shop t and a discount on their next purchase ...

I thought the purpose of business was to drive repeat customers not to drive away customers ... but I guess that's why I don't have a shop ...

Originally Posted by TOWEH

My mama would tell me "...if they don't respect you ... they must not respect your money ... so why give it to them ..."

I am just surprised to see a person who owns a business in today's economic environment reacting to consumers in this manner ... he should have just apologized to the kids for the mix up ... given them a shop t and a discount on their next purchase ...

I thought the purpose of business was to drive repeat customers not to drive away customers ... but I guess that's why I don't have a shop ...

I know your lurking Oliver. Take note.

^^ I'm not trying to beat dude down but its a simple reality ... Customer service is king

^^^Good point. You can quiet a screaming baby with warm milk.

You can please a grumpy customer with an apology and a free item.

Tell them, "When you get a chance, swing by the shop so we can rap."

9 times out of 10, when people talk face to face, the issue gets solved or swept under the rug.

Pass them a tee like TOWEH suggested. After all, the production cost for the tee is probably no more than $8.

$5-$8 for a giveaway is well worth keeping a customer happy.

Heck, give them two tees.

Oh yeah, Dest Kicks...I have to use my inhaler after everytime I read a post where EOH said "Social Studies".

BUT. BUT, there are maaaaaaaaaaaany dudes that make that blunder.

I have also heard "I'm 'bout to roll down "MAJORS". Yep.

Y'all petty.

laugh.gif

Social Study it is.

Bammas.

Ian, you care to clarify? The internet is real when stores advertise on here free of charge for profits... But its not real when dudes wanna boast, andthrough minor investigation, they get caught in lies? Just trying to get your clear take.

In all fairness, "Toweh" has already shut this down.

"indeedhot," regardless of anyone's stance, you posted as a voice for the store. For real, you didn't have to, but you did, soappreciated. I don't understand why you think Gentei deserves an apology with what has been posted.

I've never heard of a customer apologizing to a store/company, unless their laywer mandated it to show the judge remorse for the thief/fraud/shopliftingthey got arrested for.
laugh.gif

But, again, I'm as ancient as Kool Herc, so... Forgive me.

Back
Top Bottom