Should Derek Fisher's Jersey be retired by the Lakers?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Even the Celtics don't subscribe to this rule. They got like 57 numbers up there, I don't know half of em. Bunch a dudes from the 60's. Pretty soon all their players be wearin number 79 and @#$%.
laugh.gif
They got 21 #'s retired with 2 of them for non-players (Walter Brown #1 & Red Auerbach #2) "Bunch a dudes from the 60's"probably because they won the championship every year from 1957-1966 - and had multiple Hall of Famers on those teams. What were they suppose to do not retirethem? Plus their run in the 80's got a few #'s up there as well - it's not like they are Tampa Bay Devil Rays retiring Wade Boggs's number orsomething, I don't see Donique Wilkins #12 hanging up there...

--I like DFish. But retiring his number is a negative. The Lakers retiring numbers are high standards.
--Not like the Kings up in Norcal retiring Webber's jersey when he didnt do squat except a few choke jobs and a few Pacific Division Banners.

Even the Celtics don't subscribe to this rule. They got like 57 numbers up there, I don't know half of em. Bunch a dudes from the 60's. Pretty soon all their players be wearin number 79 and @#$%.
laugh.gif

We're gonna have to go to triple digits at some point.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by stima33

Originally Posted by CP1708

laugh.gif
They got 21 #'s retired with 2 of them for non-players (Walter Brown #1 & Red Auerbach #2) "Bunch a dudes from the 60's" probably because they won the championship every year from 1957-1966 - and had multiple Hall of Famers on those teams. What were they suppose to do not retire them? Plus their run in the 80's got a few #'s up there as well - it's not like they are Tampa Bay Devil Rays retiring Wade Boggs's number or something, I don't see Donique Wilkins #12 hanging up there...

Not sure if you agreeing with me, or arguing right here.
laugh.gif

There should be 3 tops from the 80's. Bird, McHale, and Parrish. Thas it. Anymore then that, is od.

I have no clue about the 60's dudes.

Back
Top Bottom