Sights & Sounds of Philadelphia

Joined Jun 10, 2007
I'll (hopefully) be taking a trip to Philly next week (if this flu thing doesn't get outta hand by then). I've never been to the city of brotherlylove, but have always wanted to go. I'll only be there for a day. Aside from experiencing an authentic cheesesteak (still unsure as to where to go btw.I've heard great things about this place. This has not been the case for the infamous rivalsPat's or Geno's) and a diner shown on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," what else can I do in for a few hours in Philly? I wouldn't mindvisiting a museum or two as well as having a "Rocky" moment on those infamous stairs.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Joined Aug 30, 2008
Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

I'll (hopefully) be taking a trip to Philly next week (if this flu thing doesn't get outta hand by then). I've never been to the city of brotherly love, but have always wanted to go. I'll only be there for a day. Aside from experiencing an authentic cheesesteak (still unsure as to where to go btw. I've heard great things about this place. This has not been the case for the infamous rivals Pat's or Geno's) and a diner shown on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," what else can I do in for a few hours in Philly? I wouldn't mind visiting a museum or two as well as having a "Rocky" moment on those infamous stairs.
You sure you wanna go there?

But ive never been to Philly...From what I hear, only thing good about there is the Steaks..But thats just what i heard

Joined Jun 10, 2007
Well I'm going there on business, so yeah I do want/have to go. I know there are some Philly heads on here so I hope they chime in with theirsuggestions/ideas...

Joined May 25, 2007
Originally Posted by FlyNY

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

I'll (hopefully) be taking a trip to Philly next week (if this flu thing doesn't get outta hand by then). I've never been to the city of brotherly love, but have always wanted to go. I'll only be there for a day. Aside from experiencing an authentic cheesesteak (still unsure as to where to go btw. I've heard great things about this place. This has not been the case for the infamous rivals Pat's or Geno's) and a diner shown on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives," what else can I do in for a few hours in Philly? I wouldn't mind visiting a museum or two as well as having a "Rocky" moment on those infamous stairs.
You sure you wanna go there?

But ive never been to Philly...From what I hear, only thing good about there is the Steaks..But thats just what i heard
Why NYC heads always hating?

Joined Apr 25, 2004
There is the obvious stuff like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, the Constitution Center is pretty cool as well. Reading Station is a good place toeat.

Joined May 25, 2007
If you want to checkout some shopping sites go to Walnut, check out Ubiq and Abakus in chinatown. The Art Museum is a cool place to chill around also maybecheckout the Liberty Bell and Olde City

Joined May 25, 2007
^

Dude maybe you should check out the S&T forum or the Philly Regional section sometimes

Joined May 25, 2007
Well that makes you a minority because a majority posts in those sections, this is the first time I've seen your sn

Joined Aug 30, 2008
Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

philly is betta than NYC awk.

"
NYC is a dump filled with con artists..NYC dudes will baganything

Freeway > Nas, Raekwon, Biggie, Jay-Z, GhostFace Killahs Discography
"

Joined Aug 12, 2008
You gotta check out North Philly...23rd and Venango is gorgeous at night. Thank me later, cuz...

Joined Aug 8, 2007
Lets just say, I am from there, and don't plan on going back

Peep the museums, and the historical stuff and leave. Oh and cheesesteaks from Larrys

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now