Silver to $250 an oz...

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by Blazinbama

Lol the highest nominally silver's ever been was around $50 in the 80s and that was cause the market was cornered by the Hunt brothers.  Since silver unlike gold has industrial uses, I really can't see silver even topping $50, producers would not tolerate prices that high.  And I do own a silver mining stock, just being realistic. 

Gold has no industrial uses?
laugh.gif
 It's used in just about every facet as Silver. Do you know why Gold is so valued? It doesn't tarnish or wear out. Plus, Silver has lower values in relation to volume and weight.
Silver's other big difference from gold has been its changing industrial use. Some 60% of annual demand now comes from industry, rather than those store-of-wealth uses (coin, bar, jewellery and ornament) accounting for more than 89% of gold demand. The composition of silver's industrial demand has also changed dramatically over time. In only the last 10 years, for instance, photographic demand has collapsed, while other existing uses (such as in solar panels) have surged and many new uses have been developed (in hospital linen, deoderants, wood preservatives).
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]http://news.silverseek.com/SilverSeek/1302113767.php[/font]

I guess you're right. Might be a better idea to purchase 10 100oz bars than a 1000 oz bar. Thanks for your input.

Also not sure if he'll bring that many back to the US. I'll have him bring 1-2 for now.

I guess you're right. Might be a better idea to purchase 10 100oz bars than a 1000 oz bar. Thanks for your input.

Also not sure if he'll bring that many back to the US. I'll have him bring 1-2 for now.

I've been in silver and gold since around 2000 when you could buy it for less than 6 and gold was under 300. My dad had me invest everything I made in HS and college on precious metals. I don't know if anyone remembers the old stock market threads when I was pushing some penny stocks a few years back. One of them went from .06 to over 1.25 today. Avoid buying 1000 ounce bars, they are a pain to store and a pain to move around at 70ish pounds each. I have a little over 8000 ounces of silver, most of it buried in my yard so unless you know where I put it no one will ever be able to find it. Silver at 250, I'm not sure about. I'll be happy at 75 which I think will come next year sometime. Gold is a good buy at anything under 1400, it will probably hit 2500 if silver goes to 75. Didn't realize there were some gold/silver bugs on here. But I don't check NT much anymore.

I've been in silver and gold since around 2000 when you could buy it for less than 6 and gold was under 300. My dad had me invest everything I made in HS and college on precious metals. I don't know if anyone remembers the old stock market threads when I was pushing some penny stocks a few years back. One of them went from .06 to over 1.25 today. Avoid buying 1000 ounce bars, they are a pain to store and a pain to move around at 70ish pounds each. I have a little over 8000 ounces of silver, most of it buried in my yard so unless you know where I put it no one will ever be able to find it. Silver at 250, I'm not sure about. I'll be happy at 75 which I think will come next year sometime. Gold is a good buy at anything under 1400, it will probably hit 2500 if silver goes to 75. Didn't realize there were some gold/silver bugs on here. But I don't check NT much anymore.

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

shhheeeeetttt... you gotta a nice stash... 75 will occur in a couple yrs but IM talking ten yr plan... this empire known as the USA will not go down over night like some expect. it will hang on til the very end. Quantitative easing will continue til the world recognizes that we will never again have a reliable currency and thats whent he surge will occur. industry consumtion mixed with global panic will cause 250 silver easy... 

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

shhheeeeetttt... you gotta a nice stash... 75 will occur in a couple yrs but IM talking ten yr plan... this empire known as the USA will not go down over night like some expect. it will hang on til the very end. Quantitative easing will continue til the world recognizes that we will never again have a reliable currency and thats whent he surge will occur. industry consumtion mixed with global panic will cause 250 silver easy... 

Just a little something I have laying around.  A little over 3K ounces of silver, and about 10 ounces of Gold in that picture. Been adding the smaller amounts on the dips, those 1k ounce bars were purchased around 2001-2002.  Just a little motivation for all those buying, in the process of moving all of this to a safety deposit box.  Even though my house is like Ft. Knox in a gated community.  Still don't be trusting people.

edit-and just for comparison in size the small bar on the right next to the big bar is a 10oz bar next to a 1K.  If I had it to do all over again I'd only have been buying 100oz bars.  Easier to sell and handle.  A lot easier to find a buyer at 3600 compared to 36000.

Just a little something I have laying around.  A little over 3K ounces of silver, and about 10 ounces of Gold in that picture. Been adding the smaller amounts on the dips, those 1k ounce bars were purchased around 2001-2002.  Just a little motivation for all those buying, in the process of moving all of this to a safety deposit box.  Even though my house is like Ft. Knox in a gated community.  Still don't be trusting people.

edit-and just for comparison in size the small bar on the right next to the big bar is a 10oz bar next to a 1K.  If I had it to do all over again I'd only have been buying 100oz bars.  Easier to sell and handle.  A lot easier to find a buyer at 3600 compared to 36000.

My boy and i have steadily purchased silver......he has a bunch of 1,000 oz bars under his bed
laugh.gif
...+!%% is a pain to move tho...

My boy and i have steadily purchased silver......he has a bunch of 1,000 oz bars under his bed
laugh.gif
...+!%% is a pain to move tho...

^it will appreciate in value, like a house, etc.

unlike other assets such as a car, consider it an investment.

^it will appreciate in value, like a house, etc.

unlike other assets such as a car, consider it an investment.

Cars aren't assets... They're liabilities.

Houses are somewhat liabilities as well.

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

Cars aren't assets... They're liabilities.

Houses are somewhat liabilities as well.

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

Quick question. If/when the dollar collapses what are you going to redeem when you turn in the silver?

Quick question. If/when the dollar collapses what are you going to redeem when you turn in the silver?

Originally Posted by moneymike88

laugh.gif
you say it like the dollar is the only form of currency used in the world

laugh.gif
you say it like the dollar is the only form of currency used in the world

Another quick question then...Don't other currencies depend on the success of the dollar?...I'm talking about the euro, and pound

(no im not trolling, no im not stupid)

Another quick question then...Don't other currencies depend on the success of the dollar?...I'm talking about the euro, and pound

to an extent... they are all interdependent off of one another for trading purposes but for actually value they try to maintain a balance with each other... China's currency is undervalued at the moment.. im about to open up a bank account  in china stacking some YUAN
pimp.gif

to an extent... they are all interdependent off of one another for trading purposes but for actually value they try to maintain a balance with each other... China's currency is undervalued at the moment.. im about to open up a bank account  in china stacking some YUAN
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom