Silver to $250 an oz...

I picked up another 1000oz this week from a guy in need and got it at 39, because I had the cash and he needed it, turned around and sold it at spot at 40.15. Made over 1K in about 2 hours. Anyone that plans to hold for the long haul doesn't understand the markets, the precious metals will drop when the government decides it's time to drop them. It may be one of the most controlled markets in the world. The government can ruin any of the big holders with the click of a mouse. And to many I'm a big holder with nearly 500K between gold and silver, and i feel like a small time guy. I have been holding and trading for the last 10 years, and have made enough to pay off my house my cars, and live pretty comfortably. And have still maintained a constant stash that is equal to many retirees entire nest egg, and I'm doing it in my late 20's. Being smart in any market will make you wealthy. I'm slowly moving to all rental properties, bringing in positive cash on a monthly basis is doing great for me

didnt get a chance to read the whole thread, but are you guys buying etfs or physical?
edit: just read physical

didnt get a chance to read the whole thread, but are you guys buying etfs or physical?
edit: just read physical

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

I picked up another 1000oz this week from a guy in need and got it at 39, because I had the cash and he needed it, turned around and sold it at spot at 40.15. Made over 1K in about 2 hours. Anyone that plans to hold for the long haul doesn't understand the markets, the precious metals will drop when the government decides it's time to drop them. It may be one of the most controlled markets in the world. The government can ruin any of the big holders with the click of a mouse. And to many I'm a big holder with nearly 500K between gold and silver, and i feel like a small time guy. I have been holding and trading for the last 10 years, and have made enough to pay off my house my cars, and live pretty comfortably. And have still maintained a constant stash that is equal to many retirees entire nest egg, and I'm doing it in my late 20's. Being smart in any market will make you wealthy. I'm slowly moving to all rental properties, bringing in positive cash on a monthly basis is doing great for me

roll.gif
... OK EVERYTHING ELSE YOUSAID WAS COOL.... 

this is 2011 not 1981 ... the chinese PUBLIC who are NEW TO THE PM MARKET AS OF 1 YEAR AGO JUST ENTERED THIS 9 YRS INTO THE BULL RUN ... WITHIN THE PAST 12 MONTHS IT HAS DOUBLED DUE TO GLOBAL INVESTMENT NOT JUST GOVERNMENTS... 

THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF SILVER AT THE COMEX... PAPER SILVER DWARFS PHYSICAL.. IF 1000 PEOPLE ASK FOR THEIR CONTRACTS YOU THINK JP MORGAN , HSBC AND THE OTHER TOP BANKS WHO CONTROL IT WILL BE ABLE TO DELIVER ACTUAL SILVER???? 
roll.gif

WE ARE THE NEW HUNT BROTHERS.. THE INTERNET IS ONE OFTHE TOOLS THAT WILL PROPEL SILVER TO 250-300 AN OZ.... 

Originally Posted by INshoeKid

roll.gif
... OK EVERYTHING ELSE YOUSAID WAS COOL.... 

this is 2011 not 1981 ... the chinese PUBLIC who are NEW TO THE PM MARKET AS OF 1 YEAR AGO JUST ENTERED THIS 9 YRS INTO THE BULL RUN ... WITHIN THE PAST 12 MONTHS IT HAS DOUBLED DUE TO GLOBAL INVESTMENT NOT JUST GOVERNMENTS... 

THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF SILVER AT THE COMEX... PAPER SILVER DWARFS PHYSICAL.. IF 1000 PEOPLE ASK FOR THEIR CONTRACTS YOU THINK JP MORGAN , HSBC AND THE OTHER TOP BANKS WHO CONTROL IT WILL BE ABLE TO DELIVER ACTUAL SILVER???? 
roll.gif

WE ARE THE NEW HUNT BROTHERS.. THE INTERNET IS ONE OFTHE TOOLS THAT WILL PROPEL SILVER TO 250-300 AN OZ.... 

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Cars aren't assets... They're liabilities.

Houses are somewhat liabilities as well.

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

I understand all that and historically metals have been a safe haven but it is clearly all speculation and manipulation at this point.  Metals are not gonna save you from this economic collapse.  The problem I have is everyone talks about investing in metals but no one has an exit strategy.  You are not gonna be using silver as currency in an economic meltdown, logistically it would be too hard to get everyone to agree universally on accepting it with out government approval, let alone agree on pricing of goods in terms of silver and it's risk.    And if by chance silver did become a sort of peoples currency, the govt would have no problem making it illegal as they did with gold in the 40's.   No currency will ever be based on metals again.  There is not enough gold and/or silver in existence, above ground or below, to account for the amount of wealth the world thinks it has.  Historically metal as a currency has not worked and has been exploited and basically ruined as a feasible form of circulated currency. 
Unless you have perfect timing on this pending economic collapse and can exchange your metals for "real" assets at the peak then I imagine you will be sitting on your investment for quite some time.  You gonna sell it for worthless dollars?  What are you gonna do with euro and yuan here in the US?   If you have an exit strategy on this investment I am all ears, I can definitely see the prices rising higher on metals from here especially when the equities markets start falling this summer, but mostly I just hear herd mentality, people saying just buy it cause it's going up, whats the exit strategy?
somebody answer this
cuz it makes a lot of sense to me.

same with gold, yea its expensive but what do you do? who the hell do you just sell it to? 

ok you have metals? yea and...........

The point in stacking precious metals is to preserve purchasing power and free yourself from the clutches of the bankers who control the value of our money. Silver and gold has been money for the past 6000 yrs. Only until 1970 something have we completely hone entirely fiat.

The prices of the metals are influenced on the value of the dollars strength. We are sitting on the brink of economic collapse. More wars and less industry. Moredollars will be printedto keep the circus going and that printing will reflect on prices for years to come. It's a sure thing.

I understand all that and historically metals have been a safe haven but it is clearly all speculation and manipulation at this point.  Metals are not gonna save you from this economic collapse.  The problem I have is everyone talks about investing in metals but no one has an exit strategy.  You are not gonna be using silver as currency in an economic meltdown, logistically it would be too hard to get everyone to agree universally on accepting it with out government approval, let alone agree on pricing of goods in terms of silver and it's risk.    And if by chance silver did become a sort of peoples currency, the govt would have no problem making it illegal as they did with gold in the 40's.   No currency will ever be based on metals again.  There is not enough gold and/or silver in existence, above ground or below, to account for the amount of wealth the world thinks it has.  Historically metal as a currency has not worked and has been exploited and basically ruined as a feasible form of circulated currency. 
Unless you have perfect timing on this pending economic collapse and can exchange your metals for "real" assets at the peak then I imagine you will be sitting on your investment for quite some time.  You gonna sell it for worthless dollars?  What are you gonna do with euro and yuan here in the US?   If you have an exit strategy on this investment I am all ears, I can definitely see the prices rising higher on metals from here especially when the equities markets start falling this summer, but mostly I just hear herd mentality, people saying just buy it cause it's going up, whats the exit strategy?
somebody answer this

same with gold, yea its expensive but what do you do? who the hell do you just sell it to? 

Originally Posted by Al Audi

somebody answer this

roll.gif

THE POWERS THAT BE USE GOLD AND SILVER AS THEIR CURRENCY.... PAPER MONEY IS JUST TO PLAY WITH. FIAT CURRENCY GETS DESTROYED EVERYTIME.

i dont plan on holding on to silver and gold forever but you have to look at the entire spectrum for the light bulb to go off and see the whole picture... 

AS OF TODAY THE DOLLAR IS THE WORLDS RESERVE CURRENCY... MEANING ALL OTHER COUNTRIES MUST USE THE DOLLAR TO DO SOME TYPE OF BUSINESS WHETHER ITS IMPORT OR EXPORT ... 

IF YOUR TRAP LOSES VALUE BY DEVALUATION THEN ALL OTHER PARTIES WILL EVENTUALLY FLEE AND MOVE INTO THE ONLY CURRENCY THAT HAS BEEN UED BY THE WORLD UP UNTIL 1970 SOMETHING UNDER THE NIXON ADMINISTRATION. WHAT IS THAT CURRENCY I SPEAK OF.. SILVER AND GOLD..

SILVER AND GOLD IS THE OLDEST FORM OF MONEY WE AS A RACE HAVE EVER HAD. ITS LITERALLY BEEN OFFICAL SINCE THE BEGINNING OF OUR TIME. MOST OF US CANNOT CONCEIVE OF THIS NOTION BECAUSE WE WERENT TAUGHT THE BASICS. THIS KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN LOST BETWEEN A COUPLE GENERATIONS. 

IM GONNA RIDE THIS BULL MARKET UNTIL THE US DOLLAR TAPS OUT, AND IT WILL TAP... THEY ALL DO.. 

JUST LOOK AT TEH HISTORY OF  FIAT CURRENCIES AND YOU WILL SEE WHERE HTEY ALL END UP... WHY NOT LATCH ON TO AN ASSET THAT WILL NOT DECREASE IN GLOBAL UNCERTAINTY

IF YOU BELIEVE WE ARE LIVING IN GOOD OL TIMES. GO AHEAD AND STASH THAT DOLLAR.. ME I'AM LONG ON GOLD SILVER AND THE CHINESE YUAN.. IM TRADING IN ALL MY SPARE DOLLARS FOR SOME YUAN IN A MONTH OR SO... 

AND TO ANSWER YOUR LAST QUESTION...... 

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BUT I CAN GO TO AT LEAST 20 SPOTS IN MY CITY (NY) THAT WILL BUY MY PRECIOUS METALS "FASTER THAN A PASTOR &^&$" .

Originally Posted by Al Audi

somebody answer this

roll.gif

THE POWERS THAT BE USE GOLD AND SILVER AS THEIR CURRENCY.... PAPER MONEY IS JUST TO PLAY WITH. FIAT CURRENCY GETS DESTROYED EVERYTIME.

i dont plan on holding on to silver and gold forever but you have to look at the entire spectrum for the light bulb to go off and see the whole picture... 

AS OF TODAY THE DOLLAR IS THE WORLDS RESERVE CURRENCY... MEANING ALL OTHER COUNTRIES MUST USE THE DOLLAR TO DO SOME TYPE OF BUSINESS WHETHER ITS IMPORT OR EXPORT ... 

IF YOUR TRAP LOSES VALUE BY DEVALUATION THEN ALL OTHER PARTIES WILL EVENTUALLY FLEE AND MOVE INTO THE ONLY CURRENCY THAT HAS BEEN UED BY THE WORLD UP UNTIL 1970 SOMETHING UNDER THE NIXON ADMINISTRATION. WHAT IS THAT CURRENCY I SPEAK OF.. SILVER AND GOLD..

SILVER AND GOLD IS THE OLDEST FORM OF MONEY WE AS A RACE HAVE EVER HAD. ITS LITERALLY BEEN OFFICAL SINCE THE BEGINNING OF OUR TIME. MOST OF US CANNOT CONCEIVE OF THIS NOTION BECAUSE WE WERENT TAUGHT THE BASICS. THIS KNOWLEDGE HAS BEEN LOST BETWEEN A COUPLE GENERATIONS. 

IM GONNA RIDE THIS BULL MARKET UNTIL THE US DOLLAR TAPS OUT, AND IT WILL TAP... THEY ALL DO.. 

JUST LOOK AT TEH HISTORY OF  FIAT CURRENCIES AND YOU WILL SEE WHERE HTEY ALL END UP... WHY NOT LATCH ON TO AN ASSET THAT WILL NOT DECREASE IN GLOBAL UNCERTAINTY

IF YOU BELIEVE WE ARE LIVING IN GOOD OL TIMES. GO AHEAD AND STASH THAT DOLLAR.. ME I'AM LONG ON GOLD SILVER AND THE CHINESE YUAN.. IM TRADING IN ALL MY SPARE DOLLARS FOR SOME YUAN IN A MONTH OR SO... 

AND TO ANSWER YOUR LAST QUESTION...... 

I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE BUT I CAN GO TO AT LEAST 20 SPOTS IN MY CITY (NY) THAT WILL BUY MY PRECIOUS METALS "FASTER THAN A PASTOR &^&$" .

When I bought some Chinese silver pandas last year they were at $34ish, now they're over $50, wish I bought more.
30t6p3b.gif

When I bought some Chinese silver pandas last year they were at $34ish, now they're over $50, wish I bought more.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

. I want a couple pandas but the premium is ******o...

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

. I want a couple pandas but the premium is ******o...

yo devil i just locked in 300oz of silver. want in? i paid a pretty cheap premium on em. ntr bars

yo devil i just locked in 300oz of silver. want in? i paid a pretty cheap premium on em. ntr bars

Back
Top Bottom