Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ariza's what, 21? 22?
Let him grow at the 3 spot, he's still REALLY young.
That's my thing... Ariza is young, long, athletic... He's got all the makings of a very good defensive player. He needs to shoot the air out of several basketballs this offseason but there's loads of potential, IMO...

Don't see the point of adding a guy like Posey when you've got a potential answer to that position in a younger, cheaper option like Ariza... Go out and fill a real hole with the MLE, rather than adding another player at a position where you've already got too many players.

That's true, I guess it depends on what direction the Lakers want to go though. Do they want a veteran leader, who knows what it takes and isn't aliability on offense or do they want to wait and hope Trevor puts it together?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Ariza's what, 21? 22?
Let him grow at the 3 spot, he's still REALLY young.
That's my thing... Ariza is young, long, athletic... He's got all the makings of a very good defensive player. He needs to shoot the air out of several basketballs this offseason but there's loads of potential, IMO...

Don't see the point of adding a guy like Posey when you've got a potential answer to that position in a younger, cheaper option like Ariza... Go out and fill a real hole with the MLE, rather than adding another player at a position where you've already got too many players.

That's true, I guess it depends on what direction the Lakers want to go though. Do they want a veteran leader, who knows what it takes and isn't a liability on offense or do they want to wait and hope Trevor puts it together?

There entire team is still young so IMO it would make sense to go with Ariza.
Kobe, Gasol, and Odom are all under 30.
Bynum and Ariza are like 21/22.
The only old guy they really have is Fish with Kobe coming up next.

They have a really good YOUNG core.
No need to tear it up by trying to place a vet. in there

Originally Posted by daprescription

I wish the Warriors could have traded Pietrus for Posey last summer
frown.gif
frown.gif
I wish they would too.
So....Al+filler for Posey?

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

poosey hell no. I dont care if he fits.

I think most of ya'll are saying this now because he's putting some cheap fouls on your players and hitting some shots when they count...if he wason your team you'd appreciate him

Oden update for those interested :

Greg Oden was in Portland recently, for the Rose Festival Parade, but has now returned home to Indianapolis. After a week there, he'll return to Ohio Stateto take some summer courses, and, of course, will continue to workout. Greg worked out at the practice facility over the weekend, and looked phenominal (sic).He's used this time to really improve his outside shot, and has surprised nearly everyone with how consistent he's become.
Greg's free-throw shooting is very, very solid, and he's developed a deadly jump hook, and can go with either hand. Greg is raring to go up and down,but probably won't be cleared for full-speed scrimmaging until August. He's in tremendous shape, and is absolutely ripped up. In one of his finalworkouts in Portland, in front of coaches, reportedly, jaws were hitting the floor, as he was repeatedly attempting to tear the rim off the backboard. He'sdeveloped an impressive touch from the perimeter, and anything in the paint will be a dunk.

Posey = Dirty PLayer....SMH @ LAKERS fans already thinking trade when the season isn't even over ! gat damn... let the FINALS end at least...also you mustbe pretty moronic to even believe that the LAKERS need added players to their already "promising" roster...

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Posey = Dirty PLayer....SMH @ LAKERS fans already thinking trade when the season isn't even over ! gat damn... let the FINALS end at least...also you must be pretty moronic to even believe that the LAKERS need added players to their already "promising" roster...

laugh.gif
, this wasn't a rumor started by some random stupid homer. It is only a rumor yes, but a lot of rumors do have some sort of authority behind them.

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Oden update for those interested :

Greg Oden was in Portland recently, for the Rose Festival Parade, but has now returned home to Indianapolis. After a week there, he'll return to Ohio State to take some summer courses, and, of course, will continue to workout. Greg worked out at the practice facility over the weekend, and looked phenominal (sic). He's used this time to really improve his outside shot, and has surprised nearly everyone with how consistent he's become.
Greg's free-throw shooting is very, very solid, and he's developed a deadly jump hook, and can go with either hand. Greg is raring to go up and down, but probably won't be cleared for full-speed scrimmaging until August. He's in tremendous shape, and is absolutely ripped up. In one of his final workouts in Portland, in front of coaches, reportedly, jaws were hitting the floor, as he was repeatedly attempting to tear the rim off the backboard. He's developed an impressive touch from the perimeter, and anything in the paint will be a dunk.

For as stone/blank face as he looks I knew this kid was a smart player. All these big men trying to face up or make that fade away shot. Oden with as talland athletic as he is should be able to take 1-2 dribbles and step in to a hook and if he can go either hand...the leagues gonna have a problem with him,Aldridge, Roy, Fernandez for years if they can keep them together.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i think posey is the dirtiest player in the game. with that said, i would welcome him to LA

Are you kidding? Bruce Bowen is unbelievably dirtier than Posey. Not even comparable.

Carmelo to the Pistons would be crazy...
eek.gif

The Pistons could have already have him if it wasn't for Daro Milicic
laugh.gif

Please, I'd welcome Posey w/ open arms, he's better than Vlad+Walton combined on defense and is just as good of a 3-point shooter. Plus it'll giveus another good perimeter defender when we sorely need as evidenced by this series. But, I'd rather have Ron Artest above all.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

We don't have room for Posey with Ariza and Vujacic. We'd also have to get rid of either Radmanovic or Walton or both somehow.

you act like thats a bad thing id take Po-Z over either of them in a heartbeat even though I hate his guts.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Posey = Dirty PLayer....SMH @ LAKERS fans already thinking trade when the season isn't even over ! gat damn... let the FINALS end at least...also you must be pretty moronic to even believe that the LAKERS need added players to their already "promising" roster...

laugh.gif
, this wasn't a rumor started by some random stupid homer. It is only a rumor yes, but a lot of rumors do have some sort of authority behind them.

Not the ones I've seen that involved the Warriors
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

We don't have room for Posey with Ariza and Vujacic. We'd also have to get rid of either Radmanovic or Walton or both somehow.

you act like thats a bad thing id take Po-Z over either of them in a heartbeat even though I hate his guts.

What I'm saying is we'd have to get rid of them in a trade and I don't know who we would trade them for.

The rumor about posey came from somebody in in a florida news paper.

I would take posey over luke or vlad. Anytime Anyday!

I can't stand Posey. IMO he is a dirty player. I do appreciate his play--knock down shooter, great D and competitiveness. Though I don't care forhim, I'd take him in a second. I had the same situation w/ Edmonds joining the Cubs...and that turned out well.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

that's your opinion and all but
indifferent.gif

James Posey is a competitor........but his decision to be fouling after the play is just
sick.gif

EDIT: and it might look like vlad and luke can't guard pierce but that's only because pierce flops and sells those ticky tack fouls which the refsbuy....which lead to the FT attempts that let them get back in the game....also, a lot of time pp was driving it in the paint....those weren't even supposeto count with all those non-called carries
grin.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

that's your opinion and all but
indifferent.gif

James Posey is a competitor........but his decision to be fouling after the play is just
sick.gif

EDIT: and it might look like vlad and luke can't guard pierce but that's only because pierce flops and sells those ticky tack fouls which the refs buy....which lead to the FT attempts that let them get back in the game....also, a lot of time pp was driving it in the paint....those weren't even suppose to count with all those non-called carries
grin.gif

You really believe that PP is flopping on everytime? I mean damn I don't like PP for flopping like he does but if vlad or luke could keep PP in front ofthem there would be no fouling. He SMOKES right by those 2 on just about every play. I do agree he flops but he is like wade. He is initiating the contact. Heis making it happen. If you put somebody on him that is a little quicker then maybe we will have better luck.

LOL. The reason the Lakers won't beat the C's is because they lack players like Posey. They need toughness and defense. Also, Vujacic andAriza are free agents this summer, they will need to fill those voids should they lose either of them.

The Lakers have never had a dirty player/enforcer before? Rick Fox anyone?

With a healthy Bynum and possible acquisition of Posey, the Lakers defensive needs would almost fully be addressed.

Back
Top Bottom