Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

The Lakers really need to get rid of Radmonovic someway, somehow cuz his D and turnovers are killing y'all..

But with the return of Bynum, my point could be moot cuz Gasol can get back to his natural 4

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Oden update for those interested :

Greg Oden was in Portland recently, for the Rose Festival Parade, but has now returned home to Indianapolis. After a week there, he'll return to Ohio State to take some summer courses, and, of course, will continue to workout. Greg worked out at the practice facility over the weekend, and looked phenominal (sic). He's used this time to really improve his outside shot, and has surprised nearly everyone with how consistent he's become.
Greg's free-throw shooting is very, very solid, and he's developed a deadly jump hook, and can go with either hand. Greg is raring to go up and down, but probably won't be cleared for full-speed scrimmaging until August. He's in tremendous shape, and is absolutely ripped up. In one of his final workouts in Portland, in front of coaches, reportedly, jaws were hitting the floor, as he was repeatedly attempting to tear the rim off the backboard. He's developed an impressive touch from the perimeter, and anything in the paint will be a dunk.

and some one on NT said Oden wouldnt be a top 5 pick in this years draft if he came out this year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by tupac003

The rumor about posey came from somebody in in a florida news paper.

I would take posey over luke or vlad. Anytime Anyday!
that's your opinion and all but
indifferent.gif

James Posey is a competitor........but his decision to be fouling after the play is just
sick.gif

EDIT: and it might look like vlad and luke can't guard pierce but that's only because pierce flops and sells those ticky tack fouls which the refs buy....which lead to the FT attempts that let them get back in the game....also, a lot of time pp was driving it in the paint....those weren't even suppose to count with all those non-called carries
grin.gif

You really believe that PP is flopping on everytime? I mean damn I don't like PP for flopping like he does but if vlad or luke could keep PP in front of them there would be no fouling. He SMOKES right by those 2 on just about every play. I do agree he flops but he is like wade. He is initiating the contact. He is making it happen. If you put somebody on him that is a little quicker then maybe we will have better luck.

Most of the time yes....During game 5 in the 2nd qtr he got 4 fouls within 2 mins
sick.gif
also when Luke fell (because of pp) and then pierce THREW himself at walton
alien.gif
and also the way he uses his off arm to pass by defenders
mad.gif
the list can go on...IMHO Rad and Luke get discouraged and don't really playbecause they will be called for a foul and I've noticed it...Don't get me wrong pp is a top player for his team but the fashion in which he does justdoesn't fly right with me
tired.gif

The Lakers could use Ron Artest. The Kings would take Odom. The Lakers can't play Odom, Bynum, and Gasol all at the same time anyway. You might as well geta legit 3 man to replace Radmonovic.

PG-Fisher
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Tell me that line up wouldn't win it all next year and the year after.

Originally Posted by Beats05

The Lakers could use Ron Artest. The Kings would take Odom. The Lakers can't play Odom, Bynum, and Gasol all at the same time anyway. You might as well get a legit 3 man to replace Radmonovic.

PG-Fisher
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

as much as I can go without Artest, he does play good ball. That lineup isnt too shabby. we just need depth.

Originally Posted by Beats05

The Lakers could use Ron Artest. The Kings would take Odom. The Lakers can't play Odom, Bynum, and Gasol all at the same time anyway. You might as well get a legit 3 man to replace Radmonovic.

PG-Fisher
SG-Bryant
SF-Artest
PF-Gasol
C-Bynum

Agreed..Lamar isn't a true 3 but Artest is. If they get Artest they can move Pau to the 4, Bynum at the 5...that lineup would be
pimp.gif

Gasol + Kobe + Artest all in the same lineup =
pimp.gif

"and some one on NT said Oden wouldnt be a top 5 pick in this years draft if he came out this year"

eek.gif
laugh.gif
I'm glad I don't have a consistent internet connection . . . GO was and still is ONE of the best pure big men prospects to come out in a longa** time. This guy was already cramming on Aldridge in practice before he was injured, and since then he's put on something like 20-30 pounds of musclewithout losing any of his ups
laugh.gif

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53017/20080616/could_pistons_deal_for_z_randolph/[/h1]
[h1]Could Pistons Deal For Z. Randolph?[/h1]
RealGM

Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg
Zach Randolph could be a likely trade target for the Pistons this summer as they look to shake up their roster, according to The Detroit Free Press.

Randolph doesn't fit well in Mike D'Antoni's system with the Knicks, and he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as other players who have been linked to the Pistons, such as Carmelo Anthony.

The former Michigan State star has three years and $48 million remaining on his current deal.

I think this was posted but not sure....

And by the way I don't like this trade at all unless the Pistons are getting him for a very cheap price

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53017/20080616/could_pistons_deal_for_z_randolph/[/h1]
RealGM

Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg
Zach Randolph could be a likely trade target for the Pistons this summer as they look to shake up their roster, according to The Detroit Free Press.

Randolph doesn't fit well in Mike D'Antoni's system with the Knicks, and he wouldn't be nearly as expensive as other players who have been linked to the Pistons, such as Carmelo Anthony.

The former Michigan State star has three years and $48 million remaining on his current deal.
I think this was posted but not sure....

And by the way I don't like this trade at all unless the Pistons are getting him for a very cheap price

PLEASE, PLEASE TAKE Z-BO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And we still need to find a way to get rid of Curry

This Randolph to the Pistons talk just annoys the hell out of me. Rumors like this are only printed in papers to stir the pot and to get a reaction/responseand I'll bet the response is a resounding HELL NO in Detroit. The only trade scenarios that would make sense would have to include Rasheed wouldn't it?As much as I don't like Detroit, I would hate to have to see them suck with Randolph on that team and as much as I don't care for the Knicks (with anylink to Isiah) I would love to see Rasheed and Steph play together.

Despite how much I hate him, I'd take Posey anyday over Vlad, Luke, or Ariza.

He's got the length, range, defense, and toughness.

Posey has the shot/range that Vlad has, and the defense that Ariza provides.

Great fit IMO.

And Odom/Bynum/Gasol would be great IMO. Artest+Kobe = no good IMO.

It's being rumored that the Knicks offered us Randolph and the 6th pick for Reggie Evans and the 16th...Sixers DECLINED...

The Toronto Raptors have reached an agreement to buy out the contract of Jorge Garbajosa, concluding lengthy and often contentious negotiations among the NBA team, the Spanish basketball federation, their insurance company and the Spanish forward. "All the talks have been concluded," Raptors president Bryan Colangelo said from Madrid last night. Globe and Mail

Because the deal was finalized after the close of business in North America the paperwork won't be submitted to the NBA until today. Once it has been submitted, Garbajosa will have 48 hours to clear waivers, during which time any other NBA team can claim him. However, it is expected he will become a free agent and return to play professionally in Spain. Globe and Mail

Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest, attending Tuesday night's Game 6 of the NBA Finals, told ESPN.com that he's "99 percent sure I won't opt out of my contract" this month to become a free agent July 1. Although he left that one-percent sliver of wiggle room, Artest has been insisting for weeks that he wants to play out the final season of his contract with the Kings -- at nearly $8 million -- before thinking about free agency. He has also expressed hope that Sacramento will consider a contract extension, but the Kings have yet to show a willingness to go that route. ESPN.com

There likewise remains a chance that Sacramento could again seek to trade Artest -- most likely after July 1 once his contract status is made official -- even if he bypasses free agency. ESPN.com

The Los Angeles Lakers are already widely expected to revisit past trade interest in Artest after repeatedly losing the toughness battle in this series to Boston, although making trades with teams from the same division -- especially teams that have the history L.A. and Sacramento share -- are complicated to say the least. ESPN.com

The Lakers would like to bring in Sacramento's Ron Artest, who attended a few Lakers games at Staples Center in these playoffs and was in the TD Banknorth Garden on Tuesday. He was wearing a "Property of Kings" t-shirt, and he'll remain that way unless he opts out of his contract this summer. He said he doesn't plan to do so. ESPN.com

Artest has a June 30 deadline to notify the Kings whether he plans to play out the final season of his contract or opt for free agency. ESPN.com

Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal has already said publicly that he will bypass free agency with two years and $44 million left on his Pacers deal, while Washington's Gilbert Arenas says he's headed for the open market. Others who will soon make their choice include Golden State's Baron Davis, Miami's Shawn Marion and Elton Brand of the Los Angeles Clippers. ESPN.com

A Heat official said several teams have expressed an interest in Udonis Haslem if Miami drafts and keeps Michael Beasley, which remains a strong possibility. Haslem could be swapped for a point guard, with Kirk Hinrich, T.J. Ford and Mo Williams in play, and less appealing names (Jamaal Tinsley, Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowery) also available. Miami Herald

We've been told reliably that the Zach Randolph-to-Philadelphia scenario reported here a couple weeks back won't happen. It would have sent Z-Bo (and the three years and $48 million he had left on his contract) plus the Knicks' No. 6 pick in the draft to Philly for Reggie Evans and the Sixers' No. 16 pick _ an addition-by- substraction deal to get rid of Randolph's money. Bergen Record

Bulls guard Ben Gordon (raised in Mount Vernon, N.Y.) said while making an appearance in Virginia on Monday that he'd love to play for the Knicks. Consider this simply another example of a player who's grown up/played within site of the New York skyline invoking what we like to call Bobby Bonilla Blather. Bergen Record

Out of Milwaukee, there's talk about the Bucks shopping Michael Redd and Mo Williams. And the Bucks did nearly snap up Zach before the last trade deadline. Bergen Record

Finally out of Arizona, more talk about the Knicks possibly lurking to move down and grab the Suns' 15th overall pick and maybe snapping up Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw (two Mike D'Antoni favorites) in the process. Bergen Record

Anderson Varejao could be traded - though it's not a simple ''just-ship-him-elsewhere'' proposition. Daniel Gibson should be coming back. And the interest from the Cavaliers in adding a scorer like Michael Redd is real and genuine. That's the way things appear at this early point of the offseason. Now that the NBA Finals are over, we do not have to see Pau Gasol's facial contortions any longer and do not have to see Sasha Vujacic, period. Akron Beacon Journal

When Varejao had his holdout last fall, he made sure to put a clause in his three-year contract that he could choose to be a free agent in 2009. If he stays with the Cavs, it seems that only a serious injury would keep him from ''opting out.'' (That's an NBA term; using it makes people believe what you're saying). That means he'll want two things more than any other this season - minutes and plays that will increase his chance to make the big paycheck after the season. Akron Beacon Journal

But to complete this deal, Varejao must consent to be traded. NBA rules say a restricted free agent (like Varejao) cannot be traded without his approval for one year starting with the day he signs his offer sheet. This could be a problem if, say, the Cavs wanted to send Varejao to Timbuktu. No NBA player will go there - no matter the money. Akron Beacon Journal

Wally Szczerbiak is another trade piece. He will be so overpaid at $13 million this season that he'd make oil company executives blush. But this is the last year he'll make that ridiculous salary, so his contract becomes attractive to a team because it will gain that much salary-cap room after the season. Akron Beacon Journal

The Bucks also are talking about trading Charlie Villanueva - a big guy who can play outside. Bring him too. Akron Beacon Journal

Originally Posted by JPZx

RealGM

Randolph_Zach_nyk.jpg

hopefully they'll take this clown...

Hinrich for Haslem wouldn't be a bad trade for both teams. Of course Hinrich is worth more than just Haslem so either Dorrel Wright or Daquan Cook would beincluded.

A Heat official said several teams have expressed an interest in Udonis Haslem if Miami drafts and keeps Michael Beasley, which remains a strong possibility. Haslem could be swapped for a point guard, with Kirk Hinrich, T.J. Ford and Mo Williams in play, and less appealing names (Jamaal Tinsley, Jarrett Jack, Kyle Lowery) also available. Miami Herald

Mo, Wade, Matrix, Beasley.
sick.gif

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

nyk.gif
[h2]New York Knicks[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Incoming Players[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3006.jpg
[/td] [td]
Rasheed Wallace
Salary: $12,540,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 12.7 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.8 PER: 17.27
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph

det.gif
[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]

3531.jpg
[/td] [td]
Zach Randolph
Salary: $13,333,333 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 17.6 REB: 10.3 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.04
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Rasheed Wallace

On ESPN's trade machine this trade works straight up.
eek.gif

I'm glad I don't have a consistent internet connection . . . GO was and still is ONE of the best pure big men prospects to come out in a long a** time. This guy was already cramming on Aldridge in practice before he was injured, and since then he's put on something like 20-30 pounds of muscle without losing any of his ups

I cannot wait to see Oden play. I'm tired of all these soft bigmen, shoot, players in general in the NBA. Between the Celtic and Pistonfrontcourts, Dwight Howard, Bynum, and Oden, we'll be treated to actual post play next season. I just wish we could have seen Shaq against these guys.

I don't see the Lakers getting Artest unless he opt's out.

I don't see the Lakers making any major moves without seeing how well they play with a healthy Bynum and Ariza. While they were clearly outclassed in theFinals, they did make it that far which is more than the rest of the West can say.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.

nyk.gif
[h2]New York Knicks[/h2]

3006.jpg
[/td] [td]
Rasheed Wallace
Salary: $12,540,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 12.7 REB: 6.6 AST: 1.8 PER: 17.27
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Zach Randolph

det.gif
[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]

3531.jpg
[/td] [td]
Zach Randolph
Salary: $13,333,333 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 17.6 REB: 10.3 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.04
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Outgoing Players: Rasheed Wallace

On ESPN's trade machine this trade works straight up.
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know joe dumars wants to shake up the team...but I don't think he is that stupid.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Navarro Back to Barcelona[/h1]
This afternoon various reports began to trickle out of Spanish media outlets that Grizzlies restricted free-agent Juan Carlos Navarro was returning to his home country to sign a contract with the pro team FC Barcelona.

Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace confirmed this report via text message tonight. According to Wallace, Navarro has signed a four-year deal with FC Barcelona for the equivalent of $20-$24 million, which is more money than he was likely to receive from the Grizzlies or any other NBA team.

game1_navarro_300a.jpg

The Grizzlies traded a protected future first-round pick to the Washington Wizards last summer to secure Navarro's rights, partly in a failed attempt to repair the team's relationship with Pau Gasol. With Navarro's departure, the Grizzlies essentially lost a calculated bet, giving up a minor future piece for a one-year rental of Navarro in a lost season.

The pick due to Washington is heavily protected: It can never be a lottery pick and there's a chance the eventual pick moved in the deal could be a second-rounder.

Even with Navarro's departure, the team has good depth in the backcourt, so this development shouldn't have much impact on the team's draft strategy next week.

Amazing that Navarro didn't even want to stay in the league even if it wasn't with the Grizzlies. I guess he realized how much under thetable stuff was going on with the league and didn't want to be apart of it.
laugh.gif
No need of keeping Navarro around anyways with so much depth in the backcourt. Gives Memphis more money to hold on to sign someone else.

Back
Top Bottom