Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

- as a Raptor fan it's sad to see Jorge go. He wouldve given the Raptors some lift during the playoffs.

- I wanna see the Lakers get rid of Radmanovic. Dude's an automatic turnover during the finals (and so was Odom with their pee wee-like passes).

- Ben Gordon on the Knicks
laugh.gif
Can't wait to see Jamal Crawfordplaying CENTER for the Knicks. I'm putting money they'll draft a guard on the 26th. Yes, it's hard to pass up, but make a trade scenario for hellsakes. I can see them keeping (obviously) the pick but not moving any of their guards elsewhere for cap space
sick.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

I'm glad I don't have a consistent internet connection . . . GO was and still is ONE of the best pure big men prospects to come out in a long a** time. This guy was already cramming on Aldridge in practice before he was injured, and since then he's put on something like 20-30 pounds of muscle without losing any of his ups

I cannot wait to see Oden play. I'm tired of all these soft bigmen, shoot, players in general in the NBA. Between the Celtic and Piston frontcourts, Dwight Howard, Bynum, and Oden, we'll be treated to actual post play next season. I just wish we could have seen Shaq against these guys.

I don't see the Lakers getting Artest unless he opt's out.

I don't see the Lakers making any major moves without seeing how well they play with a healthy Bynum and Ariza. While they were clearly outclassed in the Finals, they did make it that far which is more than the rest of the West can say.

I feel the same damn way man. Oden is going to be special, I can't wait. Rudy+Oden joining the team together for the first time?
pimp.gif
It makes me wantto jump on the bandwagon,
laugh.gif

Ariza should play a much higher role next year. He's too good to just rot on the bench while dudes like Radman and Walton continue to get good PT. Arizashould be the second player off the bench IMO (behind Sasha), maybe even the first. And yeah I don't think the Lakers make many moves, they want to try outBynum/Pau/Odom/Kobe, and I quite frankly don't blame them.

As for Navarro, I really wanted him to do well, but when Pau left, I knew it wasn't good. Pau was the ENTIRE REASON for JCN to come to the L, I feel badfor him, but I'm glad he's going to FC Barcelona.

as for all this talk about james posey, i wouldn't take him over a healthy ariza. And, I don't like the clown anyway, so I hope he never puts on alakers jersey

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

damn...and the grizzlies traded a future first round pick for jc navarro.

It's lottery protected though up until like 2012 or something like that. So, more than likely the Grizzlies keeping their pick for a good littleminute.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Exile On Ivy St wrote:

Oden update for those interested :

Greg Oden was in Portland recently, for the Rose Festival Parade, but has now returned home to Indianapolis. After a week there, he'll return to Ohio
State to take some summer courses, and, of course, will continue to workout. Greg worked out at the practice facility over the weekend, and looked phenominal
(sic). He's used this time to really improve his outside shot, and has surprised nearly everyone with how consistent he's become.

Greg's free-throw shooting is very, very solid, and he's developed a deadly jump hook, and can go with either hand. Greg is raring to go up and down,
but probably won't be cleared for full-speed scrimmaging until August. He's in tremendous shape, and is absolutely ripped up. In one of his final
workouts in Portland, in front of coaches, reportedly, jaws were hitting the floor, as he was repeatedly attempting to tear the rim off the backboard.
He's developed an impressive touch from the perimeter, and anything in the paint will be a dunk.

and some one on NT said Oden wouldnt be a top 5 pick in this years draft if he came out this year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My son...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

As for Navarro, I really wanted him to do well, but when Pau left, I knew it wasn't good. Pau was the ENTIRE REASON for JCN to come to the L, I feel bad for him, but I'm glad he's going to FC Barcelona.

Sucks for Navarro when Pau got traded.

Alot of talk about Lamar Odom, Richard Jefferson, Ron Artest, Prince, Josh Howard, and a whole lot of others moving.

It should be an intersting offseason to say the least

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Alot of talk about Lamar Odom, Richard Jefferson, Ron Artest, Prince, Josh Howard, and a whole lot of others moving.

It should be an intersting offseason to say the least

Talk? Or actual rumors?
laugh.gif

Some Mavericks rumblings I've heard of recently.

Pops Mensah-Bonsu is coming back to try and make the team, and I really think he will this year. He's Bass-lite, and we could use him
Source: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...avs/stories/061708dnspomavsshort.425f9fc.html

Mavericks are looking to purchase a late-first rounder, also in the article, goes onto say that Carlisle wants Devean back (George).
Source: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...avs/stories/0612080dnspomavsider.3005143.html

No link on this one, but I know I've seen quotes from Gana Diop saying he'd come back to Dallas (he referred to it as home
happy.gif
).

And just some "talking," that I'd like to see happen.

Sign any of the following players: Azubuike, Mo Evans, Dooling.

I would love to see either of these three players, Dooling for his shooting, and Buike/Evans for their energy/athleticism at the two.

I think we need to shop Jerry Stackhouse/Josh Howard deal, I don't know if it would get any attention, but they're both quite frankly expendable if theright deal were to come around. I wouldn't mind keeping Josh, but I think he interests a lot of teams in the League.

According to ESPN...the Cavs and Warriors are discussing a deal that would send Brendan Wright to the Cavs for Varejao and the 19th pick

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Exile On Ivy St

Oden update for those interested :

Greg Oden was in Portland recently, for the Rose Festival Parade, but has now returned home to Indianapolis. After a week there, he'll return to Ohio State to take some summer courses, and, of course, will continue to workout. Greg worked out at the practice facility over the weekend, and looked phenominal (sic). He's used this time to really improve his outside shot, and has surprised nearly everyone with how consistent he's become.
Greg's free-throw shooting is very, very solid, and he's developed a deadly jump hook, and can go with either hand. Greg is raring to go up and down, but probably won't be cleared for full-speed scrimmaging until August. He's in tremendous shape, and is absolutely ripped up. In one of his final workouts in Portland, in front of coaches, reportedly, jaws were hitting the floor, as he was repeatedly attempting to tear the rim off the backboard. He's developed an impressive touch from the perimeter, and anything in the paint will be a dunk.

and some one on NT said Oden wouldnt be a top 5 pick in this years draft if he came out this year
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't wait to see this man play.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If I'm Elton Brand, I opt out and take less money to go elsewhere... He's almost 30, if he really wants to win, he needs to find a new home. The Clippers aren't going to be contenders in the foreseeable future while he's still in his prime.

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same positionout West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
nerd.gif

Anyways, I hope Maggette stays b/c EB is here to stay(word to Clipper Darrell). All we need now realistically is a combo guard either via FA(i.e. Redd, Diddy,Mo-Will, Capt. Kirk) or draft (i.e. EG, OJ, DJ, Westbrook) then let go of our dead weight(i.e. CAT, Tim Thomas, Dickau, Smush) and find some decent roleplayers to replace them. I like what we have in Knight, Powell and Q.Ross as reserves.

Wow @ Navarro leaving. Then again the league isn't fair or willing to exalt them in the same way as some of their own American-born stock. He'll be waymore comfortable in Spain and living a much better life among his own people.

the cavs would be stupid to do that deal...now wright for varejao straight up?thats a deal..but not AV and the 19th
laugh.gif
Varajao is trash and they arent going to get %%+# for the19th pick. Wright actually has potential to become a good player.

as for all this talk about james posey, i wouldn't take him over a healthy ariza. And, I don't like the clown anyway, so I hope he never puts on a lakers jersey
Posey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ariza

don't let your dislike confuse you

Im glad Miami didn't get Navarro a few years back, dude just left
laugh.gif

One possible destination for Varejao is the Golden State Warriors. According to a source familiar with the talks, the Cavs would send Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for Brandan Wright. The Warriors hold a $10 million trade exception that allows them to take back a lot more money than they send out in a trade. ESPN.com

The Phoenix Suns have put Leandro Barbosa and Boris Diaw on the table in attempts to either move up in the draft or secure another veteran to play alongside Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shaquille O'Neal. ESPN.com

Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons. ESPN.com

The Knicks' Donnie Walsh would like to find a new home for Zach Randolph, but he has struggled to find takers
. ESPN.com

Spanish guard Juan Carlos Navarro's chances of returning for a second season in Memphis were blown to pieces Wednesday afternoon when he decided to re-sign with FC Barcelona. Navarro, who earned $538,000 with the Grizzlies last season, was swayed by a deal that will pay him between $20million and $24 million over the next four years
. Memphis Commercial Appeal

The money, however, was too much to pass up. Memphis just wasn't going to match what Navarro stood to make in Europe. Memphis Commercial Appeal

The Grizzlies are still on the hook for a first-round draft pick they traded to the Washington Wizards to acquire the rights to Navarro. The pick is protected through 19 this year. In 2009, picks 1-16 are protected; in 2010-12, picks 1-14 are protected; in 2013, picks 1-12 are protected. If the Wizards haven't used the pick by then, they will receive cash and a second-round pick
. Memphis Commercial Appeal

Dwyane Wade has passed his first test. Now, the world awaits. His surgically repaired left knee deemed up to rigorous competition, the Heat guard has been informed he will receive one of 12 U.S. Olympic basketball berths when the team for the Beijing Games formally is announced Monday
. Two sources close to the process confirmed the selection Wednesday. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Celtics have to be in a parade today. They have congratulations to accept. But they also must find time to make decisions, and perhaps the most interesting call will come on James Posey. The key reserve is expected to exercise his option and forego the $3,462,480 he can take for next season. And the list of suitors should be lengthy. (How badly do the Lakers need a guy like this?)The Celts are hoping they can bring him back with a deal that not only takes care of Posey but allows the club the ability to make other needed moves. Boston Herald

"Posey's very important to what we're trying to do around here and what we've done, man," Paul Pierce said. "He's invaluable to me, and you could see it in these playoffs when I got into foul trouble. When I go out, he comes in and fills in so amazingly that I can sit out, and it doesn't hurt us too bad. You don't always see it with the numbers, but he brings a lot to the team. He's so smart. He's got a great basketball IQ. Then he has that great ability to knock down shots and play defense." Boston Herald

In the world of rebuilding NBA teams, there is no more valuable chit than an overpaid stiff whose bloated salary number is soon to come off the books -- another reason the Pacers would have been better off keeping Austin Croshere for one more season instead of dealing him prematurely for Marquis Daniels
. So the Wolves got younger and cheaper and obtained more cap flexibility. Jefferson, clearly, will be an excellent player down the line. Telfair has been an enigma, but he's a low-risk proposition and will be a restricted free agent this summer. Same thing with Kirk Snyder, who was acquired for Gerald Green in a deal with Houston. Gomes is not currently under contract for next season. Indianapolis Star

What did the Pacers have that Seattle or Minnesota could have wanted? Danny Granger, maybe. And the Pacers are not moving Granger. Period. Jermaine O'Neal? His trade value is as low now as it has ever been, and while it would be preferable to move him this offseason so rebuilding can commence, the truth is, the Pacers might have to hold tight and wait until next season's trade deadline to get full value for him. That's assuming he's healthy at that point
. Indianapolis Star

After that, the Pacers have a lot of overpaid, ordinary players with long-term deals. Who wants Troy Murphy? Who wants Mike Dunleavy, even after a breakout year? Who wants Jamaal Tinsley? No, really, I'm not asking, I'm begging, does anybody want Tinsley? Please? One of the primary reasons the Celtics were in this position is because Danny Ainge, who looked like a complete dope until last summer, was not afraid to let his team go in the dumper for a few years. Indianapolis Star

Rick Carlisle understands that no matter how the Mavericks fill out their roster around Dirk Nowitzki next season, their success starts with the 7-foot former MVP.
With that in mind, Carlisle spent an enlightening few days in Wurzburg, Germany, and surrounding areas last week getting to know Nowitzki better - and getting acquainted with Holger Geschwindner, Nowitzki's longtime mentor in Germany. Dallas Morning News

Carlisle and his staff are preparing for next week's NBA draft. The Mavericks have the 51st pick, but Carlisle said the team is considering options to perhaps move up. Dallas Morning News

Memphis' additional first round selection, the #28 pick, acquired from the Lakers in the Pau Gasol trade, is also reportedly in play. Rumors have the Grizzlies potentially trading this pick to Denver along with Kyle Lowry in exchange for the #20 pick. DraftExpress

The Clippers have been looking to move up to the No. 3 spot to get Mayo, and they've talked with a number of teams about virtually everyone on L.A.'s roster.
ESPN.com

Presuming that Derrick Rose goes #1, Miami would select Michael Beasley at #2 regardless, and wait to see if O.J. Mayo were to fall to the 5th overall pick. If that indeed was the case, Memphis would select him, and then trade him to Miami along with Mike Miller in exchange for Mark Blount and Beasley. DraftExpress

Seattle is also reportedly trying hard to move up to #2, and is dangling Chris Wilcox as bait (in exchange for the cumbersome contract of Mark Blount). The Supersonics would also take Beasley there. This is all assuming that O.J. Mayo doesn't go third to Minnesota, which is not something teams should take for granted just yet based off what we know so far. DraftExpress

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

If I'm Elton Brand, I opt out and take less money to go elsewhere... He's almost 30, if he really wants to win, he needs to find a new home. The Clippers aren't going to be contenders in the foreseeable future while he's still in his prime.

laugh.gif
@ you acting like Dirk(who is 30) isn't in the same position out West with an aging Kidd running the point and a straight up "nobody" clogging up the middle
nerd.gif

Anyways, I hope Maggette stays b/c EB is here to stay(word to Clipper Darrell). All we need now realistically is a combo guard either via FA(i.e. Redd, Diddy, Mo-Will, Capt. Kirk) or draft (i.e. EG, OJ, DJ, Westbrook) then let go of our dead weight(i.e. CAT, Tim Thomas, Dickau, Smush) and find some decent role players to replace them. I like what we have in Knight, Powell and Q.Ross as reserves.

I feel what your saying but Dirk isn't coming off of injury like that and you know Cuban isn't going to just let the Mavs suck.

However would you take Josh Howard+Stack for Cat and a ST for Maggette?

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

- Ben Gordon on the Knicks
laugh.gif
Can't wait to see Jamal Crawford playing CENTER for the Knicks. I'm putting money they'll draft a guard on the 26th. Yes, it's hard to pass up, but make a trade scenario for hell sakes. I can see them keeping (obviously) the pick but not moving any of their guards elsewhere for cap space
sick.gif

Of course we take a guard if we keeo the pick we need someone to run the point. But the other scenario would be to trade it for releaved cap room, but westill would need to get a PG somewhere in there.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

as for all this talk about james posey, i wouldn't take him over a healthy ariza. And, I don't like the clown anyway, so I hope he never puts on a lakers jersey
Can somebody please explain to me when Trevor Ariza became such an important and integral part of any team?

Back
Top Bottom