SMART Gilas Pilipinas Nat'l Team Program

I was too frustrated watching the Gilas earlier, I just had to switch the channel... They didn't execute their plays, too much one-on-one which resulted in too many turnovers..

Only good thing is, it's only the Jones Cup. Our real goal is to win the FIBA Asia Championships.

(2011 Jones Cup Final standings)
Finals: Iran def. South Korea, 66-59
Battle for 3rd: PHL def. Chinese Taipei, 82-72
Battle for 5th: Japan def. Jordan, 77-73
7th: Malaysia
8th: UAE

Iran finally got their groove on as the tournament progressed. Good job by the Gilas, getting 3rd place despite the absence of JV Casio.

‎(FIBA ASIA Day 1) Philippines def. UAE, 92-52

Philippines 92 - Baracael 15, Douthit 13, Taulava 13, Casio 11, Tiu 9, Barroca 9, de Ocampo 7, Alapag 6, William 5, Aguilar 4.

UAE 52 - Ahmed 12, Alhattawi 11, Ahmad 10, Alzaabi 7, Salem 6, Al Braiki 3, Abdalla 3, Banihammad 0, Alsari 0,

Quarters: 17-12, 41-20, 69-35, 92-52

heard next game is againts China, is it today (Friday) or tom (Saturday)? TIA
smile.gif

^I was shocked to see him as well hahaha. Here's how die hard La Sallite Tony Atayde described Bader's inclusion into the Bahrain national team: "Bader reminds me of the saying that a one eyed man is king in the land of the blind. his teammates are horrible" hahahahaha

^ thanks! its going to be a real challenge for them. Heard Lutz and Lassiter are still unable to play.

FIBA Asia (Day 3)

final score: Philippines - 113 , Bahrain - 71 (PHL advances to next round)

Philippines 113 - Aguilar 21, Douthit 18, Casio 15, Taulava 13, de Ocampo 13, Baracael 11, Tiu 10, Barroca 8,Alapag 2, Williams 2,

Bahrain 71 - Malabes 15, Sarhan 13, Mahri 11, Ali 8, Isa 7, Khamis 7, Akber 6, Mubarak 2, Ashoor 0.

Quarters: 30-18, 51-41, 86-47, 113-71

Schedule:

FIBA Asia Second Round (UPDATED)
September 19: (3:30pm) Philippines[D2] vs. Jordan[C2]
September 20: (6:00pm) Philippines[D2] vs. Japan[C1]
September 21: (6:00pm) Philippines[D2] vs. Syria[C3]

GOOD NEWS Peeps!

Lutz and Lassiter cleared to play

Here’s the tweet from Noli Eala – “Great news! Fiba has cleared Lassiter and Lutz to play. Letter already being transmitted to Fiba Asia and SBP. God bless Gilas.

That's great!

Now it's time to win, no more excuses!

Casio will be relieved, he won't have to play SF anymore!

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by melo15fan

GOOD NEWS Peeps!

Lutz and Lassiter cleared to play

Here’s the tweet from Noli Eala – “Great news! Fiba has cleared Lassiter and Lutz to play. Letter already being transmitted to Fiba Asia and SBP. God bless Gilas.

Back
Top Bottom