Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

You guys need to stop having the i know more then you attitude when dealing with people who work at sneaker spots. I know a lot of these cats do their best when it comes to product knowledge. You have to remember it's just a job for most people. Don't expect someone who works at footlocker to surf NT all day just because they sell shoes. Just get what you came for and bounce. No need to try and drop info on em bout release dates or any other useless crap. Nobody cares how much you know about J's.
To most people, its just a job. They aren't "sneakerheads." At least the people around me try there best, thats all i can ask for

I hate when people call in, get your lazy self down here and shop.
You might as well buy online if you are going to do that.

When I use to work retail if they were rude or rushy I use to lie and say we didnt have it and we did.

cometh at me

laugh.gif
 @ holding for 5 minutes

This dude really comparing display shoes to groceries. You don't wear groceries. Other clothing items which get effected by being out, are always boxed. If you go to macys and a shirt is not in pristine condition it's already on discount, or will be once you ask. I personally won't even by a display shoe most of the time. Sometimes it just went up, but other times when compared to the shoe in box it isn't up to par. It's not about anyone trying them on cause most the time the display shoe isn't tried on, the one in box is brought out for you. It's the fact it's sitting out there under bright %$! lights, and getting dusty while being touched by everybody. The longer they out the worse condition there in, i personally don't know why anyone would even want them at all, but for dudes to sit there and act like it's worth top dollar smh

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Me: do you have ....... in a size 9?
Guy: no but we have them in an 11 ee
Me: no thanks
Guy: want to try them on? You can wear double double double socks!!!!%7$-+8%

Smh
I did this before with Easter AF1s.  I sold a kid who wore a size 9 a size 15.  My boss let me keep the money for making that sale lol.
But OP how much does dude really even need to know about the shoes if you called and asked for them by name?

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by artysm

Originally Posted by Lubu1

I mean the associates dont even know how to answer the freaking phone.

*Call Pentagon City finishline

*They Answer

Associate: "Who Dis"
Me: "Hello, I'm looking for Red diamond turf II"
Associate: "Yeah, what about them?"
Me: "I was wondering if you have them for sale right now"
Associate: "Yeah we got dem"
Me: "Is it possible to check to see if you have a sz 11?"
Associate: "Aight, wait one MINUTES(MINUTES, WAIT ONE MINUTES? )"
*WAIT 5 minutes
Associate: " Yeah we got sz 11".
Me: "Ok, possible to hold a pair?"
Associate: "yeah, but we aint selling them till friday, you gonna have to wait."
Me: " But you just said you had them"
Associate: "Yeah we got them but we aint selling them now"
Me: " So what was the point of you telling me you got them, but you aint selling them, then you put me on hold for 5 minutes to just tell you got them, but you not selling till friday?"
Associate: " laugh, sorry but I can't sell it "
ME: "W/E thanks for a waste of time
How is the employee wrong here?  You asked for a pair of shoes, he told you to wait 1 minute (which took 5, which is susceptible depending on the customer), you asked him to hold a pair, which he gladly obliged and you got mad b/c he couldn't sell them that same day but gave you a specific time frame when to purchase?  Then you ask what's the point?  Maybe release date perhaps?  If you want to get technical, you didn't even state you wanted to purchase them, merely an inquiry.
You just received world class customer service for the price of $7.50/hr regardless of the negative connotations of illiteracy you perceived the employee to have.  He did everything you asked for so I don't see how that's NOT great customer service.

Expectations vs reality.

basically... u asked if they had em and he told you, plus gave you the release date. He could of been an +@% and not even mentioned that they are not for sale yet

Let's be real...everyone worked retail before but how is any of this acceptable (see bold). That is why most store have a high turnover rate...had he been The District Manager or Headquarters...FIRED

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

When I use to work retail if they were rude or rushy I use to lie and say we didnt have it and we did.

cometh at me
What if the person is looking for a specific item that is not available online, why not call to check and see if its in stock @ the store instead of driving for nothing.

Lazy employees
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
I remember Vampedo would call the nike factory I used to work @ twice a week when the B-grades were poppin
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

cometh at me
What if the person is looking for a specific item that is not available online, why not call to check and see if its in stock @ the store instead of driving for nothing.

Lazy employees
30t6p3b.gif

Your best bet is to just come in, cause honestly employees dont care.

They will say anything to get you off the phone and back to the in store duties

And some employees some makes mistakes

For example in high school, lady called in for 12 swim suits, I only saw 2

Told her we didnt have them, go to another department in clearance and there is like 20
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

This dude really comparing display shoes to groceries. You don't wear groceries. Other clothing items which get effected by being out, are always boxed. If you go to macys and a shirt is not in pristine condition it's already on discount, or will be once you ask. I personally won't even by a display shoe most of the time. Sometimes it just went up, but other times when compared to the shoe in box it isn't up to par. It's not about anyone trying them on cause most the time the display shoe isn't tried on, the one in box is brought out for you. It's the fact it's sitting out there under bright +#@ lights, and getting dusty while being touched by everybody. The longer they out the worse condition there in, i personally don't know why anyone would even want them at all, but for dudes to sit there and act like it's worth top dollar smh

Yeah, you don't wear groceries, you eat them. Which is a bigger liability?
Bright %++ lights getting dusty? If the lights damage the shoes that much, we'll damage it out. You really think we're gonna let the shoes get dusty?
roll.gif
They're not gonna get dusty as long as we take care of them.
You'd be surprised how many people do try on display shoes if it's in their size.
And people a buncha people touch display shoes by holding and looking at them. People who try them on put them on their feet. You tell me which is more gross. On top of that, at least 80% of the shoes in the back have been touched by people's feet.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

<----- Sales associate at Finish Line.
Customers are just as bad.
*brings a customer the last shoe*
*customer tries it on*
Customer: Alright, I'll buy it.
Me: Cool. *grabs them the display shoe*
Customer: Oh, I gotta buy the display shoe?
Me: Yes, it's the last one.
Customer: Do I get a discount?
Me: Um, no...???
Customer: But a buncha people have touched it!
Me: You ever buy produce at a supermarket? A buncha people touch those too, and you have no choice but to buy that! On top of that, you eat that, too.

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
  Who dis? 
tired.gif
  Good thing I cop online 99% of the time 

*customer tries it on*
Me: You ever buy produce at a supermarket? A buncha people touch those too, and you have no choice but to buy that! On top of that, you eat that, too.

I feel your pain, bro.

haha, its not like nike, adidas, etc send a pair called "display."  when we got the truck in, we grabbed a single and threw it on the wall.

if there was something obviously wrong w/ the shoe, we would take off 10% or so. Other than that, you pay sticker price...No exceptions.

the shoes we bring out of the back probably had more feet in them bc we typically didnt give people displays to try on.

when it was time to change the wall display, i was guilty of running down the wall and knocking all the shoes off though. 
grin.gif

customers were bad too. i remember awhile back when some valentines day AF1's released, some teenager made me bring out every pair in the back so she could inspect them for glue marks...
indifferent.gif

and the foolery that occurs on popular JB release days is def not helping any.

*customer tries it on*

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif

What movie is this gif from? 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

*customer tries it on*

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif
eek.gif

I would 

21b26a01ee9646fd34cfe4c2b0178662b80fe347_r.gif

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

*customer tries it on*

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif

pimp.gif

gif of a scene from "He Got Game"

I could put the shoe out that day and you have people wanting a discount because it was on the wall. When they ask me, I just ask them to show me what's wrong with the shoe. If they find a legitimate problem I'll go look for another pair, and if we don't have one I will try to clean it. If all of that fails, then we can talk discount. The shoes in the back get tried on wayyyyyy more than the display shoes anyway though.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

*customer tries it on*

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif

pimp.gif

*customer tries it on*

4/5 customers at Best Buy ask for one

UPDATE:

Went to Potomac Mills Finishline and copped, dude there was mad cool and it took no time. THATS how customer service should be done. I'm bout to write a letter to finishline about their service

cometh at me
shoefreak, some of us are busy and can't waste time to go to a store and not have them have something. Hence why PEOPLE CALL FOR CUSTOMER Service.  Your the example of the associates that I can't stand. I used to work retail and I was helpful to everyone, even the ghetto baby mommas who used to come do 2000 layaway even though I know they wont make their payments and they was gonna be late and I was gonna have to put that ALL that crap away a month later.

I was more upset at the bad customer service. I did nothing wrong. I do intend on writing finishline to let them know how wack their customer service is at the pentagon location, prob one of )()()() cousins DC Hoodrats that answered the phone

Originally Posted by Lubu1

cometh at me
shoefreak, some of us are busy and can't waste time to go to a store and not have them have something. Hence why PEOPLE CALL FOR CUSTOMER Service.  Your the example of the associates that I can't stand. I used to work retail and I was custousious to everyone, even the ghetto baby mommas who used to come do 2000 layaway even though I know they wont make their payments and they was gonna be late and I was gonna have to put that ALL that crap away a month later.

I was more upset at the bad customer service. I did nothing wrong. I do intend on writing finishline to let them know how wack their customer service is at the pentagon location, prob one of )()()() cousins DC Hoodrats that answered the phone
 I feel like those "ghetto baby mommas" probably know that this isn't a word

I have the opposite experience, most of them pretend they know everything about the shoes.

Unless it's a hard to find shoe, I probably wouldn't buy a display shoe either. I'd have to check it out first.

Back
Top Bottom