Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by bigsupa

I've dropped this story here a couple of times but i'll give you the cliffs version...here ya go...

Took lil bro for his 14th bday kick shoppin in SoHo. He insisted on going to "Supreme" for a pair of SBs.

Ask for a GR SB in his sz, they bring it out, it fits.

Proceeds to register were the dude was on Youtube and not paying no mind to the 3 ppl waiting to pay.

My turn to pay he says $115. I go "doesn't the price tag on the box say $88?" he goes "That's the "suggested retail" price...what nike suggests we sell them for"...as he rips off the price tag he says "we can sell them for whatever we want."

I said ok left them at the register walked out with my lil brother catchin a fit and walked to a skate shop were the same pair was on retail bout him that and with the extra money got him a tee. He said he learned his lesson and never shopped there again.

Not calling you a liar, but I have honestly never seen Supreme over price SB's. Back when I was heavy into Nike SB, almost always they had them for the MSRP. I had a story similar to yours but reversed, I went to Premium Laces, bought a pair of SB highs (forgot which ones) and later went to Supreme where they had them for MSRP. Difference wasnt very much, I believe it was around $20, so I didnt bother returning em to PL since I was acquainted with a few people there.
THIS WAS ABOUT 7YRS AGO...BUT REGARDLESS THEM GUYS ARE DOUSHEBAGS

COOL THAT THEY HELPED U OUT...BUT PPL @ 21MERCER, FCNY, & SUPREME ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST!

Y'all minimum wagers think y'all doing something being a sales associate lol

NT checking in here, and yes, the average customer is just  dense
roll.gif
. First if all, I read OP's post and the employee sounds straight 'Bamma
roll.gif
. BUT, the employee was right. Shoes come in early in the week, but they can't be held for a customer or sold before scheduled RD. OP, what were you thinking? If they go on sale Friday, wait until Friday. It's not that difficult.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Originally Posted by Lubu1

I know they dont get paid much, but damn at least know more about what your selling. There is more to selling shoes than just knowning when retro jordans drop. Yall got other products.

They get paid to sell you the add-on's, not shoes
And the product training nike provides them is geared towards shoe technology more so than it is actual products. 

^ THIS! Usually people know what shoes they want and price range they're shooting for. And yeah Nike product training is useless unless you have a very knowledgable customer.

dudes is corns at these spots round here in dallas texas.

some dudes have no idea man...

"yall got the red diamond turfs"

"what are those"

then they get an attitude and i ether.

Originally Posted by crowelliowa34

Haha man some of these people just work there for the discount and thats all smh

Im not gonna lie, working retail is just my side part time aside from my full-time position as a guidance counselor. The money is low but discount and being able to get sneakers guaranteed are some of the good perks

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Haha man some of these people just work there for the discount and thats all smh

Im not gonna lie, working retail is just my side part time aside from my full-time position as a guidance counselor. The money is low but discount and being able to get sneakers guaranteed are some of the good perks

You'd be surprised. We don't get a discount on release date shoes. Everything else, yes. If the release date shoes sit out (like the Stealth Xs), then we get the discount. Heck, my manager even makes us wait in line...
30t6p3b.gif
The only way we're guaranteed a pair is if we get the opening shift the shoes come out, and even then, he makes us work for it and he'll decide who gets it...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

^ Yup. Although my spot isn't as good as it used to be. I'm thinking about leaving the side hustle alone
tired.gif
. Starting to not be worth it anymore.

Originally Posted by Alex23

customers are 100000x worse....

yall got dem all white nikes wit da swoosh

yall got dem black jordans

8.5 too big 8 too small

i never wore them....okay wore em inside once.....okay outside a few times

wore them for 6 months and already falling apart

etc etc etc
Just last week one customer asked me if we had "Concords" "Black Chicagos (stealth 10s?)" and "Obamas (Spizikes?)" Then got mad saying that we don't have any of the good stuff 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Some of yall sound real lame. if you want a shoe wait til release date and buy it. No need to make somebody feel like less of a person because they don't have as much in depth knowledge about shoes like you.

Just because you know a lot about shoes does not make you better than the next man. If they don't know ask someone who does. How would you feel if you went to buy a car or receive some type of service and the person helping you belittled you because you didn't know every detail. You'd run back here saying how they treated you like blah blah blah.

Swear some of you dudes are on a high horse about gym shoes. Chill, it is not that serious I promise

Originally Posted by polorico

dudes is corns at these spots round here in dallas texas.

some dudes have no idea man...

"yall got the red diamond turfs"

"what are those"

then they get an attitude and i ether.
Poor dude was probably fired after this.
tired.gif

Feel sorry for anyone working retail. Your life must suck working minimum wage and all that BS you put up with
laugh.gif

Lol at discounts for displays. Shoes are meant to walk in and on. Do you guys walk with the shoeboxes under your arms or what? Plus who cares if the employee doesn't know jack? Nt is full of babies now.. Go work at any shoe store yourself and see what it's really like. I used to work for Nike for years.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

word, we replace display shoes VERY often. We always gotta fill the holes on the wall. Shoes in the back have been tried on many more times than the display.
I'm really knowledgeable when it comes to sneakers and am more than happy to help you choose a pair, unless you're an idiot that asks for 6 shoes and doesn't buy crap. Selling Air Maxes with an insole or some socks
pimp.gif
Filling the hole on the wall isn't possible if the shoe doesn't sell. The longer that specific shoe doesn't sell, the longer it sits out their and the more discolored it becomes. Not every shoe that comes out sells out instantly, some take months, and some never sell out period. 

Are you ******ed? The reason the display shoe gets sold is because it just so happens to be the size of the shoe the customer is buying. The customer wants an Air Max in a size 9, I bring out a size 9 box with one shoe in it. If there's a size 9 in the back with two shoes, I'll bring that, but if it's the only size 9, what choice do I have? The customer says he wants it. Cool. Grab the display shoe, put it in the box, ring it up, go in the back, grab another Air Max of a random size, and put it back on the wall and replace the one I just sold. Rinse and repeat. This happens A LOT. If a store were to give discounts for selling display shoes, they'd never make a profit.
Are you ******ed? Like I really don't even know what the !+#+ your talking about. Everyone including who I quoted and was speaking too understood except for you. Step your reading comprehension up doggie

word, we replace display shoes VERY often. We always gotta fill the holes on the wall. Shoes in the back have been tried on many more times than the display.
I'm really knowledgeable when it comes to sneakers and am more than happy to help you choose a pair, unless you're an idiot that asks for 6 shoes and doesn't buy crap. Selling Air Maxes with an insole or some socks
pimp.gif
Filling the hole on the wall isn't possible if the shoe doesn't sell. The longer that specific shoe doesn't sell, the longer it sits out their and the more discolored it becomes. Not every shoe that comes out sells out instantly, some take months, and some never sell out period. 
most shoes do sell, believe it or not, from the And 1's to ugly JB stuff you guys wouldn't buy. Remember, the majority of people walking through the door aren't shoe heads like ya'll. "Ugly" retros, running shoes sell. If not at full price than at a sale price. The only thing that not even god could help sell is the JB shirts, but 6th grade kids like those too.

If theres a shoe that has defects or problems than yes we eill give a dico, but only when its very noticeable. The other day some dude asked for some all white Air Max 90's that we had in the back for a very long time (Box was still orange) they were yellowed on the plastic heel tab and the plastic by the laces. gave em the dico and he bought some ring leader lows and an Airr insole
pimp.gif
I know most shoes sell, I'm saying aside from the real popular ones a lot don't sell instantly. In the stores around here they sell them at regular price for a couple months if they move slow, they bring down the price, and if they still aint moving fast enough they put them on clearance where they'll usually sell out by then. But in the meantime if they are not selling, that display is sitting there, due to the lights white shoes get discolored after a few weeks of sitting out there is what I've noticed. The slower a pair sells the less likely you sell the display model, cause as dude who was rambling nonsense said, if their is a pair in the back you sell that first, so this all just leaves the display sitting out longer. 

Female shoe store employees are the WORST. Especially the ones at HOH. Like how do you know NOTHING about the biggest release of the year. smh

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

I've dropped this story here a couple of times but i'll give you the cliffs version...here ya go...

Took lil bro for his 14th bday kick shoppin in SoHo. He insisted on going to "Supreme" for a pair of SBs.

Ask for a GR SB in his sz, they bring it out, it fits.

Proceeds to register were the dude was on Youtube and not paying no mind to the 3 ppl waiting to pay.

My turn to pay he says $115. I go "doesn't the price tag on the box say $88?" he goes "That's the "suggested retail" price...what nike suggests we sell them for"...as he rips off the price tag he says "we can sell them for whatever we want."

I said ok left them at the register walked out with my lil brother catchin a fit and walked to a skate shop were the same pair was on retail bout him that and with the extra money got him a tee. He said he learned his lesson and never shopped there again.

Not calling you a liar, but I have honestly never seen Supreme over price SB's. Back when I was heavy into Nike SB, almost always they had them for the MSRP. I had a story similar to yours but reversed, I went to Premium Laces, bought a pair of SB highs (forgot which ones) and later went to Supreme where they had them for MSRP. Difference wasnt very much, I believe it was around $20, so I didnt bother returning em to PL since I was acquainted with a few people there.
THIS WAS ABOUT 7YRS AGO...BUT REGARDLESS THEM GUYS ARE DOUSHEBAGS

COOL THAT THEY HELPED U OUT...BUT PPL @ 21MERCER, FCNY, & SUPREME ARE THE ABSOLUTE WORST!
Ive been to 21 mercer a handful of times and ive been treated nicely so i dunno what you're talking about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bence23

Female shoe store employees are the WORST. Especially the ones at HOH. Like how do you know NOTHING about the biggest release of the year. smh
THIS... and I'm a female. Anytime I call and it's a chick I IMMEDIATELY ask to speak to a manager.... Heck, anytime I call regardless I ask to speak to a manager. 

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

pimp.gif

Are you ******ed? The reason the display shoe gets sold is because it just so happens to be the size of the shoe the customer is buying. The customer wants an Air Max in a size 9, I bring out a size 9 box with one shoe in it. If there's a size 9 in the back with two shoes, I'll bring that, but if it's the only size 9, what choice do I have? The customer says he wants it. Cool. Grab the display shoe, put it in the box, ring it up, go in the back, grab another Air Max of a random size, and put it back on the wall and replace the one I just sold. Rinse and repeat. This happens A LOT. If a store were to give discounts for selling display shoes, they'd never make a profit.
Are you ******ed? Like I really don't even know what the !+#+ your talking about. Everyone including who I quoted and was speaking too understood except for you. Step your reading comprehension up doggie

You step your reading comprehension game up. I'm saying you will never know whether the display shoe gets sold because it gets replaced that easily. A Free Run you saw on the wall in a size 9 one day will be replaced by another Free Run the next day in a size 10 because the size 9 on the wall has been sold. And you'll never know cuz the size 10 gets put out right away as soon as the size 9 is sold. For all you know, the size 10 Free Run you see the next time you walk into a store would be the same Free Run you saw last time. You go into a Finish Line, you see a red Free Run in the same spot everytime you go in for like, 4 months. During the course of those 4 months, the red Free Run in that spot would go from a size 9 to a size 10 to a size 8 and you'll never know and just think it's the same exact one that's been sitting there for 4 months. What's so hard to understand about that? If the Free Run does indeed get discolored from sitting out, we'll just send it back to Nike, go to the back, grab another red Free Run to put on the wall to replace the old one.

Yeah I work at a Nike factory store and the average life span for a display shoe is a week, so we don`t give discounts. But all our stuff is already discounted so maybe not the best exaample

Originally Posted by solarius49

I mean it wasnt that minor, and it really wasnt a typo, it was a whole new word that you invented. Just interesting in a conversation about "ghetto" or "non-articulate" people
this was honestly one of the funniest post i have ever read on here. why is that gif from he got game playing backwards?

Back
Top Bottom