So about the age 18-21 does everyone feel like there life is goin no where?

I'm 21 right now about to finish college. I don't exactly feel like my life is going nowhere, but worried about the real world.

As a broke college student, my top priority in a few months is getting a full-time job and becoming entirely self sufficient (financially). I'm just thinking though...this is how it all starts. This is how people grow up to work for the same company for decades, not truly pursuing their passion.  I don't even really know what I'm truly passionate for.  Following your dreams is hard when you don't have the funds, and even harder when you've never had that 'calling'.  There were times when I thought I knew what I wanted to do (teacher, police officer, etc.), but I never had that strong desire...instead I think I'm just trying to convince myself for the sake of saying I have a dream to follow. 

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

Originally Posted by one kL

I'm 21. I graduated from a fashion institute in Dec and am now an assistant designer for a major clothing brand.
happy.gif
laugh.gif
Dude thinks he's doing it...
I guess people feeling satisfied with their own accomplishments gives you a good laugh. out of curiosity, how old are you and what do you do?
Read the name of the thread, what other people posted and then what you posted. Sounds like you were boasting a little bit, right? Trying to make it seem like you were better than the other people in here because you're in the 18-21 age range but your life is going somewhere.

Get this straight though. You graduated from a fashion institute. You get no respect for that. Plus I looked it up and it sounds like assistant designer is an entry level position. You ain't really doing %#+%. So if it seems like I'm laughing at you for feeling satisfied with your accomplishment, I guess I am. There's nothing to feel satisfied about, you haven't really accomplished anything. When you do, then you can boast all you want (in a different thread though).
bad trading day?

Im in that group, but I feel like Im soon to be headed where most of y'all are (no shots). I go to school. I work. And I smash. But I don't know what the hell Im doing at this university, Ive switched up my major 3 times since I've been here, and thats only delaying the goal at the end here. Im the last of the kids, and its somewhat shocking to see everyone living their lifes, some even with their families. Im more than happy to see that. I don't wanna be the one who didn't fulfill their potential especially when EVERYONE before me did more for me than I could have ever imagined, and make it seem as if they wasted their time with me. Im gonna be spending my summer in either Lebanon or somewhere in East Africa, and get away in a pivitol time in my life in hopes to come back with a new aspect on many things in life. I take too many things for granted, or so thats what I've been told.

Rejected from USC, Hastings, and CAL.
Waitlisted at Penn. State, Minnesota., and St. Louis U.
Waiting for Santa Clara U., U. of San Francisco, and U. of San Diego.
I feel hopeless.

First off, please read the thread title..OP directs his question towards 'everyone' and I'm only contributing my input. Secondly, Do you really think I care that you don't respect me? all that aside, I'm curious to what do you do. do you really not want to answer that bad?

Spoiler [+]
I'm in school part time (Finance and Mathematics Major) and I'm a full time trader. Short term goal is Masters in Quantitative Finance. Long term goal is running my own hedge fund.

Originally Posted by shorthair

bad trading day?

That wasn't suppose to come off as angry.

I'm pretty unemotional when it comes to good/bad trading days so a bad trading day generally wouldn't affect my mood. I've been having a good week though if it matters (EUR/USD has been real good to me lately).

Everyday we get these emo topics about being depressed. I swears men are getting periods and have too much estrogen. Realize everyone has a purpose. Find your purpose, then you can stop feeling sad and emo.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Man, look at it this way. It can be worse...Way worse. I just thank god i'm healthy and able to see my friends and family everyday because you never know when that day may come when there gone.

word

I was completely lost last fall, in a school studying something I didn't want to. Was feeling REALLY desperate. Right now I'm in the process of getting into another school that really seems like my thing and I feel motivated. I really want to go there. But still I feel somehow lost. I don't seem to have anything else in my life going on and I'm not the type of person to just flow on even though I'd want to.

I hate growing up
smh.gif

It's quite the opposite for me. I feel like I'm not doing enough in life and everyday I see opportunities that can take me to new places. I have so many options I end up having to shoot many of them down.

I felt like I was stuck in a hole. Always moving around depressed and $(*( but I got the big picture once I started to really look at what I wanted to achieve out of my life. Only way to get out of a hole is to just pick a direction and start moving. You'll find something along the way that you never even realized you enjoy doing and hopefully find success in it.

Like that Brad Pitt's quote in Fight Club,

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy @#$ we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
pimp.gif

Just a head up for the youngins out there. Procrastination is a deadly habit . Pick a career and go after it before you turn 30

First off, please read the thread title..OP directs his question towards 'everyone' and I'm only contributing my input. Secondly, Do you really think I care that you don't respect me? all that aside, I'm curious to what do you do. do you really not want to answer that bad?

Spoiler [+]
I'm in school part time (Finance and Mathematics Major) and I'm a full time trader. Short term goal is Masters in Quantitative Finance. Long term goal is running my own hedge fund.

Originally Posted by shorthair

bad trading day?

That wasn't suppose to come off as angry.

I'm pretty unemotional when it comes to good/bad trading days so a bad trading day generally wouldn't affect my mood. I've been having a good week though if it matters (EUR/USD has been real good to me lately).
cool. hope you out do jp morgan one day

Back
Top Bottom