So all the stupid nicknames made up on NT have been put on a JB shirt...

Where sport blue and September blue is concerned On the box, the word has been abbreviated, so it could have been either name. It looked like white/ September ( sport) blue/ black. The Nike catalog actually called it the sport blue but it still could go either way. So stop tripping. And the word bred is not a big deal. You spaz for nothing. It makes it easier to say and more recognizable which is why its called a Nickmame. Nobody goes crazy when the word oreo 6 is used though that name was also dubbed by consumers or even the name space jam was dubbed by us because of the movie. Before the movie it was just the all black 11's.

Where sport blue and September blue is concerned On the box, the word has been abbreviated, so it could have been either name. It looked like white/ September ( sport) blue/ black. The Nike catalog actually called it the sport blue but it still could go either way. So stop tripping. And the word bred is not a big deal. You spaz for nothing. It makes it easier to say and more recognizable which is why its called a Nickmame. Nobody goes crazy when the word oreo 6 is used though that name was also dubbed by consumers or even the name space jam was dubbed by us because of the movie. Before the movie it was just the all black 11's.

most of the names on the shirt arent even the worst made up names.... there mostly actual colorways

most of the names on the shirt arent even the worst made up names.... there mostly actual colorways

Originally Posted by thebeast23

September Blue doesnt make any sense though.  Thats like saying February Red, Or December Purple.  Sport is the term Nike has used for some Colors, plus it was in their Catalog.  And Last time I checked the abbreviation for September, it was Sep or Sept.

Originally Posted by thebeast23

September Blue doesnt make any sense though.  Thats like saying February Red, Or December Purple.  Sport is the term Nike has used for some Colors, plus it was in their Catalog.  And Last time I checked the abbreviation for September, it was Sep or Sept.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Forget about the shirt......What is with this guys molester mustache??
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, at least the shirt doesn't have 'Cherry' on it.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Forget about the shirt......What is with this guys molester mustache??
laugh.gif

In all seriousness, at least the shirt doesn't have 'Cherry' on it.

You have got to be kidding me. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of nicknames. In fact, I despise them. However, this shirt uses actual color-combo names from the box so most are okay on my book....That is until I read "B'reds" and "September Blues".

Nicknames has always been a sore subject for me. Why? Because most are annoying and seem more forced that the rarity of some limited kicks.

The only ones I can tolerate are the ones that use the color name (i.e. True Blue III's, Cement IV's, Carmine VI's, Bordeaux VII's, Aqua VIII's, Powder Blue IX's, Concord XI's....) There's also a VERY SMALL handful that I'll use which don't use the color (i.e. Space Jams, Laney V's, Motorsport VI's)...

I understand that the tolerance of nickname usage may be a generation thing which is why I stopped caring as much. People are gonna call them what they want. I figured that out a long time ago. You'll see alot of older heads and OG collectors shriek whenever they hear terms like "Breds" and "Raptors" and you'll also get opposing arguments from the newer collectors stating that it's just "easier" to associate some kicks to nicknames.

Times have changed. The nicknames I can't stand hearing are the same ones loved by many new people. But just wait till some of y'all are older and the shoes you grew up loving get bastardized by some ridiculous nickname that has no relative meaning to the shoe whatsoever...lol.

The shirt itself is silly, but it now ranks up there with the biggest clothing blunders in the history of the brand. Right next to the shirt that had a pair of FAKE IV's on it.

20kqd61.jpg

And to those thinking that the September/Sport blue debate could go either way....Think again:

fp9qtt.jpg

You have got to be kidding me. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of nicknames. In fact, I despise them. However, this shirt uses actual color-combo names from the box so most are okay on my book....That is until I read "B'reds" and "September Blues".

Nicknames has always been a sore subject for me. Why? Because most are annoying and seem more forced that the rarity of some limited kicks.

The only ones I can tolerate are the ones that use the color name (i.e. True Blue III's, Cement IV's, Carmine VI's, Bordeaux VII's, Aqua VIII's, Powder Blue IX's, Concord XI's....) There's also a VERY SMALL handful that I'll use which don't use the color (i.e. Space Jams, Laney V's, Motorsport VI's)...

I understand that the tolerance of nickname usage may be a generation thing which is why I stopped caring as much. People are gonna call them what they want. I figured that out a long time ago. You'll see alot of older heads and OG collectors shriek whenever they hear terms like "Breds" and "Raptors" and you'll also get opposing arguments from the newer collectors stating that it's just "easier" to associate some kicks to nicknames.

Times have changed. The nicknames I can't stand hearing are the same ones loved by many new people. But just wait till some of y'all are older and the shoes you grew up loving get bastardized by some ridiculous nickname that has no relative meaning to the shoe whatsoever...lol.

The shirt itself is silly, but it now ranks up there with the biggest clothing blunders in the history of the brand. Right next to the shirt that had a pair of FAKE IV's on it.

20kqd61.jpg

And to those thinking that the September/Sport blue debate could go either way....Think again:

fp9qtt.jpg

Originally Posted by redsfan3

Originally Posted by manny1

OP I'm pretty sure NT did not come up with all those nick names.
30t6p3b.gif

People on NT always trying to take credit for stuff.
frown.gif

Leave me out of taking credit for these silly nicknames its all on you young bucks (I still remember the thread of the inception of "BRED"), and yes I think NT had alot to do with it, if you dont you are just as lame as the shirt.  This is the largest sneaker community on the internet, you dont think this board has some influence on the product Nike?JB puts out.  

Originally Posted by redsfan3

Originally Posted by manny1

OP I'm pretty sure NT did not come up with all those nick names.
30t6p3b.gif

People on NT always trying to take credit for stuff.
frown.gif

Leave me out of taking credit for these silly nicknames its all on you young bucks (I still remember the thread of the inception of "BRED"), and yes I think NT had alot to do with it, if you dont you are just as lame as the shirt.  This is the largest sneaker community on the internet, you dont think this board has some influence on the product Nike?JB puts out.  

Are you serious?? That's Offical JB merchandise??

Wow. "September Blues"???   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Doesn't surprise me, as we've seen them produce that Fake pair of Fire-Red 4's T-shirt before. 

Are you serious?? That's Offical JB merchandise??

Wow. "September Blues"???   
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Doesn't surprise me, as we've seen them produce that Fake pair of Fire-Red 4's T-shirt before. 

JB is so out of touch with it's own history sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually release September Blue VI's in the future.

JB is so out of touch with it's own history sometimes, I wouldn't be surprised to see them actually release September Blue VI's in the future.

^ ijapino

this stuff is trash but what's funnier is some kids would have bought that shirt if it was from "bobby fresh"

Back
Top Bottom