So Asher Roth is Gay?

Will it come as a huge surprise to anyone to find out that Asher Roth is gay. He may be an unlikely rap star, but it doesn't seem so unlikely that hemight be gay. There are reports that he's going to reveal that he's homosexual when he appears onE! News this week. The interview is rumored to include him discussing why he decided to come out of the closet and his since offulfillment since he decided to move to a 'gay section' of New York City.

Furthermore, Roth is allegedly the unnamed hip-hop artist that was mentioned in MTV executive Terrance Dean's 2008 tell-all, Hiding in Hip-Hop:Confession of a Down Low Brother in the Entertainment Industry. Dean posted a story on his blog titled: Aster Roth Admits He is the Gay Rapper From MyBook. In addition, Asher was photographed participating in a Gay Rights Parade in New York recently. Also in that parade were Lady Gaga, Blink 182, former American Idol Clay Aiken and REM frontman Michael Stipe.

Yes, it seems that the evidence is piling up and coming out of the closet might be more of an after-thought than actual news.

Asher has been dropped from SRC Records, but it is hoped that his next album has been picked up by an indie label.

LOLZ
roll.gif

You are late and wrong...
http://rapradar.com/2009/...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This weekend, rumors swirled that Asher Roth was a homosexual. Clearing the air, Ash released this statement:

I hate to disappoint and take away the entertainment of it all but I am straight, not gay. It's disheartening to know such "news" on someone's personal life can be portrayed as fact with no viable source. This, to me, is an opportunity to expose our vulnerability to lies and manipulation through unprofessional and irresponsible news outlets, in which people consider TRUTH. Further, someone's sexual orientation should NEVER be big news, as it delivers a troubling message to children that they can't be themselves without fear of judgment. Race, creed, and sexual persuasion should not just be tolerated but understood and accepted. It's extremely disappointing that this topic would be used with the intention of being hurtful. We are near 2010….2010!! Yet race, sex and religion still play a major role in a hate driven society. For the love of the future and humanity….let's wake up.

hmmm for whatever reason, I couldnt care less. Probably cause I never really was checkin for dudes music like that

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I thought he already spoke on this and said he wasn't.

If he is...let him be...

laugh.gif

THIS....

dudes really waiting for the "gay" rapper to come out
grin.gif

If youre gay, stay your $@* hidden, I dont need to have thoughts of what Asher is doing on the road

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

You are late and wrong...
http://rapradar.com/2009/...rfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This weekend, rumors swirled that Asher Roth was a homosexual. Clearing the air, Ash released this statement:

I hate to disappoint and take away the entertainment of it all but I am straight, not gay. It's disheartening to know such "news" on someone's personal life can be portrayed as fact with no viable source. This, to me, is an opportunity to expose our vulnerability to lies and manipulation through unprofessional and irresponsible news outlets, in which people consider TRUTH. Further, someone's sexual orientation should NEVER be big news, as it delivers a troubling message to children that they can't be themselves without fear of judgment. Race, creed, and sexual persuasion should not just be tolerated but understood and accepted. It's extremely disappointing that this topic would be used with the intention of being hurtful. We are near 2010….2010!! Yet race, sex and religion still play a major role in a hate driven society. For the love of the future and humanity….let's wake up.

I like his comments on the matter. He has valid points.

Either way, dude can be gay, straight, whatever makes him happy. Who cares?

But he should start battling dudes and gain some more cred as an emcee. Cause' his album was garb.

Back
Top Bottom