So Biggie dissed Raekwon in "Who Shot Ya" b/c Rae & Ghost dissed Biggie on "Shark ******"

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I'm almost positive that Puff said "who shot ya" was mostly at Nas.
"Yall aint know about my Biggie wars?
Who you thought Kick In Door Was For?
But that's my heart, yall n's still trippin off that jigga %*%%,
real n's listen up, ima tell you how the whole thing start"

-Nasir Jones

LiquidCREAM wrote:[meth]rae and ghost ain't like no one[/meth]

Was gonna say the exact same thing.
laugh.gif

back then, Ghost & Rae aint really like NOBODY and they wasn't the ones to be messed with. Just go ask 50
laugh.gif

He got jumped in the Hot 97 Lobby by them before he got on

are dudes serious ?

Go listen to a few verses by either off Liquid Swords. Lock Biggie in a room for 25 years and he wouldn't be able to come up with something comparable.

Originally Posted by saviormoneyy

Nas said that kick in the door was for him on his track "last real n*gga alive"
Yo i heard that Nas wanted that beat but Premo really wanted it to go to Biggie, but Puff wasn't feeling it, so Premo played for Big (wholoved it) and eventually Puff came around, and Nas caught feelings
laugh.gif
something like that?

Originally Posted by mossman75

GZA would have ran circles around Biggie
Y'all dudes are ******ed.

GZA and KP could rap until their faces were blue...drop a double disc album of Biggie disses at their peak...do whatever they wanted to and BIG would haveended their careers in a line or two.

Do y'all really listen to and understand hip-hop or y'all just try to be elitist douchebags?

GZA and KP are GREAT MC's but B.I.B.L.E. and Animal Planet are their steez.

Kick in the door was Biggies. Greatest wit (along with Rick the ruler and Pun) hip-hop has ever seen and a way with words suited for battling, thoroughlyclowning and intimating opponents. You're comparing one of Raps most charismatic character to two of its least.
smh.gif

Pardon if I turn the focus of this thread for a moment, but...........................
Turning BIG into the untouchable messiah does no justice to the mid 90's era (leave that to the West & those who worship at the shrine of Pac) .BIG wasthe most commercially viable east coast artist, but not the best.
I'm going to ask this question for the 100th time; If BIG is the greatest of all time, how is it that he did not even produce the best albums of his era?
The early to mid 90's was so thick with classics from Mt. Vernon to Philly that putting a singular face on the era only serves to diminish itsaccomplishments as a whole.

Charisma ? Just stop. We judging who lyrically better off that now ?
indifferent.gif

Biggie was basically spitting nursery rhymes when compared to GZA and KP in their primes. Show me a Biggie verse even approaching the level of skill theyshowed on classics like Liquid Swords. You do know that the majority of the album was vicious battle raps, right ?

Biggie was on the elementary, easy to listen to, common man level with school yard/class clown/5th grade lunch time level disses. GZA and KP were lyricalsurgeons making precise incisions with verbal scalpels, straight dismantling opposition with ease.

Originally Posted by iLLscan

Pardon if I turn the focus of this thread for a moment, but...........................
Turning BIG into the untouchable messiah does no justice to the mid 90's era (leave that to the West & those who worship at the shrine of Pac) .BIG was the most commercially viable east coast artist, but not the best.
I'm going to ask this question for the 100th time; If BIG is the greatest of all time, how is it that he did not even produce the best albums of his era?
The early to mid 90's was so thick with classics from Mt. Vernon to Philly that putting a singular face on the era only serves to diminish its accomplishments as a whole.

You say the same exact thing in every BIG thread....even if it has nothing to do with the topic...like right now.

Who is even saying that BIG is the best in this thread?

And RTD wasn't one of the best albums of his era?
nerd.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Turning BIG into the untouchable messiah does no justice to the mid 90's era (leave that to the West & those who worship at the shrine of Pac) .BIG was the most commercially viable east coast artist, but not the best.
The early to mid 90's was so thick with classics from Mt. Vernon to Philly that putting a singular face on the era only serves to diminish its accomplishments as a whole.

You say the same exact thing in every BIG thread....even if it has nothing to do with the topic...like right now.

And RTD wasn't one of the best albums of his era?
nerd.gif
happy.gif
I continue to ask because no one has yet to answer me with a serious response.
And no, RTD is not the best album of its era & you know it..................... It's great, but not the best.

Originally Posted by M16

indifferent.gif

Biggie was basically spitting nursery rhymes when compared to GZA and KP in their primes. Show me a Biggie verse even approaching the level of skill they showed on classics like Liquid Swords. You do know that the majority of the album was vicious battle raps, right ?

Biggie was on the elementary, easy to listen to, common man level with school yard/class clown/5th grade lunch time level disses. GZA and KP were lyrical surgeons making precise incisions with verbal scalpels, straight dismantling opposition with ease.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Clowning with lyrical ability wins battles bro. Not verbal neurosurgery.
laugh.gif
....This is Hip-Hop not a Harvard debate forum.

And you are really just a salty nerd if you can't appreciate Bigs wordplay. I can post a number of Big verses that defcate on GZA's LS bars...youalways let your hate overpower reality.

And RTD wasn't [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]one of the best[/color] albums of his era?
nerd.gif
happy.gif
I continue to ask because no one has yet to answer me with a serious response.
And no, RTD is not the best album of its era & you know it..................... It's great, but not the best.
I clearly said one of.....

He dropped a classic album and ruled all airwaves...why is his acclaim so hard for you to understand?

Originally Posted by M16

indifferent.gif

Biggie was basically spitting nursery rhymes when compared to GZA and KP in their primes. Show me a Biggie verse even approaching the level of skill they showed on classics like Liquid Swords. You do know that the majority of the album was vicious battle raps, right ?

Biggie was on the elementary, easy to listen to, common man level with school yard/class clown/5th grade lunch time level disses. GZA and KP were lyrical surgeons making precise incisions with verbal scalpels, straight dismantling opposition with ease.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

And you are really just a salty nerd if you can't appreciate Bigs wordplay. I can post a number of Big verses that defcate on GZA's LS bars...you always let your hate overpower reality.

laugh.gif
just stop man. You comparing a water pistol to a dragunov sniper rifle. A plastic bread knife to a Samurai sword.

and Biggie wasn't even the best from BROOKLYN... let alone NYC... let alone GOAT.
roll.gif
He wasn't even the best from Bed Stuy... and I'm nottalking about Jay-Z either.

He dropped a classic album and ruled all airwaves...why is his acclaim so hard for you to understand?

It's not hard to understand, but as the years go by, lames want to simplify the era with just Pac & BIG & everything else falls by thewayside. It was so much more than that.
You had to put albums on stand by............ That's how much quality material was out there.
BIG gets his respect from me, but his proper & due place in the greater scheme of things as well.

Originally Posted by M16

Originally Posted by M16

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

And you are really just a salty nerd if you can't appreciate Bigs wordplay. I can post a number of Big verses that defcate on GZA's LS bars...you always let your hate overpower reality.

laugh.gif
just stop man. You comparing a water pistol to a dragunov sniper rifle.

and Biggie wasn't even the best from BROOKLYN... let alone NYC... let alone GOAT.
roll.gif
No one even called Big the GOAT in this thread....stop looking for easy outs from a real debate.

Intellectual and esoteric subject matter does not = greater lyricism. Once y'all lames get that through y'all heads you'll be on the same page asthe millions of other hip-hop fans that see things for the way they are.

RTD > LS lyrically we can go bar for bar, song for song

Since when was any MC in the clan known for their battle ability? skill in dissing another MC on wax?
laugh.gif
If the Wu had beef with Big and came together they would've stomped him outat some event and dropped a slight jab in one Wu song not come together and attack him on some 10 on 1 steez. Anybodywho thinks that would happen don't know the Wu.

The Wu are the epitome of don't talk about it, be about it.

It's not hard to understand, but as the years go by, lames want to simplify the era with just Pac & BIG & everything else falls by the wayside. It was so much more than that.
You had to put albums on stand by............ That's how much quality material was out there.
BIG gets his respect from me, but his proper & due place in the greater scheme of things as well.

I can agree with that.

There was so much quality artists and music at that time that is a disservice to whittle the discussion down to just BIG and Pac. From Boot Camp to DITC...

But with that being said...no other artists gave people those classic tracks that transcended Hip-Hop, sub-genres and time frames the way those 2 artists did.Thats why they are held in the regard that they are by so many.

Big Poppa and Dear Momma are like Soul tracks...that will bang forever. Our Children will listen to them the way we listen to Al Green and Marvin Gaye....OCand Heltah Skeltah aren't going to have that same effect.

Originally Posted by M16

GZA and Killah Priest alone woulda lyrically OBLITERATED Biggie.
HAHAHA....nah.

The GZA might would have had a shot, but Killah Priest?!? He ain't even an OG Wu member.

Did you listen to how Biggie straight took Rae's raps on Criminology, and flipped it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
Biggie was the truth.

Back
Top Bottom