So close it hurts... HUARACHE retros (almost) Vol. I don't know how to feel....

Originally Posted by d e beatup

I finally read that SC article and the comments on the performance were total BS.  Obviously if someone thinks the OG version was heavy, they have no idea what they're talking about.  I hoop in my retros to this day and prefer the court feel to many modern shoes.  I'm really holding out for a QS on the actual BBall model.  It's a bit hypocritical but I have no problem with the free sole on the runner but absolutely despise it on the bball.  If I weren't a 14 it wouldn't be a big issue cause I could eBay it up but they almost never hit in my size so I desperately need a proper retro.

I was thinking the same thing and is pretty much how I felt.

Free was made for running kicks, so it fits in the runners.
And for them in SC to act like the free sole is better for basketball didn't make any sense.

Originally Posted by AceboogieDBF

Classics

Aight, enough.  Nine posts in a row all on the first page and they're all useless.  Classics, really?!  The BBall Huaraches with the Free Sole that wasn't invented yet when the original Bball Huaraches dropped are classics?  I'm so sick of resellers.  

New c/w of the runners up on FNL....
lg510801444.jpg

Just copped these(not my pic), but could anyone help me find them for cheaper than retail?
I copped for 126 after tax. over all they're hella comfortable and clean as hell on foot

just copped these using the online bday $25 off $100 purchase + some giftcards and total was $0.00!

I made the mistake of wearing a pair of the runners to play volleyball last night.  These are def for casual/running only.  
laugh.gif

Nike trying to pitch their new technology this models/hybrid. "Free" sole or something. Probably trying to justify the price tag as well.

Originally Posted by ehh

I made the mistake of wearing a pair of the runners to play volleyball last night.  These are def for casual/running only.  
laugh.gif

So what happen?

Just every time you tried to plant (and this was just volleyball, not basketball or anything with real hard cutting) your foot would roll over where the free sole meets the upper.  It was like the free sole would plant and stop but the rest of the sneaker and your foot kept going lol.  It was like a pain-free version of rolling your ankle. 

That's what I was thinking. I haven't worn my runners, but when I wore the basketball ones I was very disappointed. Just from walking around the mall I could tell that they wouldn't be good for quick cutting. IMO it's a gimmick, and I warned my boy against buying them for basketball.

im late was able to cop the i guess cool grey color way bball ones today saw black and blue and black and red color way gonna go back to cop

^^^ man I hope they do an orange based low!

Also anyone heard any info on the black/ teal/ purple pair?

Back
Top Bottom