So every animal has a natural predator right?

solarius49

Banned
So i've been sippin and watchin Planet Earth and was thinking.....every animal has a natural predator, Lions:Antelope, Snakes:Birds ect.  And i figure that any animal who is too big/smart to have a natural predator, their predators are human beings.  Humans are responsible for the endangerments for Rhinos, elephants, eagles, dolphins, and other animals who would otherwise have little other threat from animals in the wild.
my question is this: Is man, the human being, its own natural predator?  Are we meant to kill each other as an ecological effect for population control/to avoid further damage by man to the ecological system?

Originally Posted by solarius49

So i've been sippin and watchin Planet Earth and was thinking.....every animal has a natural predator, Lions:Antelope, Snakes:Birds ect.  And i figure that any animal who is too big/smart to have a natural predator, their predators are human beings.  Humans are responsible for the endangerments for Rhinos, elephants, eagles, dolphins, and other animals who would otherwise have little other threat from animals in the wild.
my question is this: Is man, the human being, its own natural predator?  Are we meant to kill each other as an ecological effect for population control/to avoid further damage by man to the ecological system?

Wolves and big cats are our natural predator but since man made weapons we came above everything. We have no predators any more. We are the top of the food chain so only Man can challenge man at the moment
[font=Verdana, sans-serif]
[/font]

disease, famine, plague and ourselves.. so yes we are our own natural predator when you think really hard about it.

I challenge that wolves/big cats are not our natural predator. Man has had weapons, and has been dominant over those species since the Cro Magnon days. Maybe we can be convenient food to them, but they pose absolutely no threat to man in our habitat

mans natural predator has yet to reveal themselves, but they are watching 
alien.gif

bacteria/microbes are human's predators sure we can hold them off for a small amount of time but they always evolve or mutate.

i just got the collectors edition planet earth. but ive yet to wash it dont have time right now.

anyways i think humans can be their own worst enemy or their best ally depends on which way we choose to live

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

What's the alligators natural predator ? Also sharks ?

Most likely humans as well.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but arent alligators primarily a freshwater species?  If so they would rarely if ever encounter sharks.  They would primarily come into danger when then encounter humans.  But dont alligators often kill their young (i could be wrong)? if so they could be in the same boat as humans

I challenge that wolves/big cats are not our natural predator. Man has had weapons, and has been dominant over those species since the Cro Magnon days. Maybe we can be convenient food to them, but they pose absolutely no threat to man in our habitat
We had to overcome the wolves and more. Especially wolves. Man didn't always have weapons. Its that period where were using rocks that we had predators. 

Originally Posted by odog24

i just got the collectors edition planet earth. but ive yet to wash it dont have time right now.

anyways i think humans can be their own worst enemy or their best ally depends on which way we choose to live
watch it doggy, its amazing, it will really put into perspective how big of a world we really live in!

hippos? killer whales? Humans would have a lot of natural predators if we hadn't made weapons. Our biggest enemy is not living peacefully with one another

When alligators are young they are often eaten by raccoons, otters, herons, snakes, fish, snapping turtles, and other alligators.

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Its pretty much the same for sharks as everything is venerable when young. [/font]

Well females can be considered our predators....diseases, child-support, headaches, heartaches....etc.

well them or aliens
alien.gif

kanye-shrug.jpg%3Fw%3D385%26h%3D257

I think there are two reasons why that's the case:

1. We are innovative. Unlike animals, we have the ability to manufacture. It began with clubs, arrows, swords, trebuchet, and so on and so forth until we created medicine which has, over everything else, set us apart from every other animal on Earth. We have the spark of creativity, so to speak.

2. We have conquered natural selection. Unlike animals in the wild that suffer from various conditions that are eventually killed first, humans have found ways to adapt to many of the worlds worst illnesses (sans stuff like HIV/AIDS, cancer, etc,) birth defects, broken bones, and what have you. The last reference to humans behaving like any other animal was in Baha'i.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by el cuco

Well females can be considered our predators....diseases, child-support, headaches, heartaches....etc.

well them or aliens
alien.gif

pretty much

Originally Posted by Yeah

I think there are two reasons why that's the case:

1. We are innovative. Unlike animals, we have the ability to manufacture. It began with clubs, arrows, swords, trebuchet, and so on and so forth until we created medicine which has, over everything else, set us apart from every other animal on Earth. We have the spark of creativity, so to speak.

2. We have conquered natural selection. Unlike animals in the wild that suffer from various conditions that are eventually killed first, humans have found ways to adapt to many of the worlds worst illnesses (sans stuff like HIV/AIDS, cancer, etc,) birth defects, broken bones, and what have you. The last reference to humans behaving like any other animal was in Baha'i.
roll.gif
not sure if its the same thing, but chimpanzees have been known to kill other species of monkeys, and use their flesh as a "social tool"

Originally Posted by el cuco

well them or aliens
alien.gif

Weaksauce attempt at some LULZ

the "aliens" responses are extra corny

Mannnn, technically that's the next step. Well that or Apes get smart and take over.
Speaking of apes, how are they so damn strong?!

In hand to hand combat, pound for pound, any human is losing to an ape. 

Back
Top Bottom