So GameStop pulled a fast move on me

It's not your fault, but u should of been more aware. It's a used game...how did he forget to put the disc in there
smh.gif
especially if it's in one ofthose generic corny cases
laugh.gif

this seems like one of those times that Actin a Fool in public may be necessary! i took MLB 2K8+NBA2K8 back to gamestop and got my record low 4 dollars and 75cents back!yeah that was for both games on ps3. and yeah that was store credit! they offered me a buck twenty-five cash for each. so 2.50 for 2 PS3 Games! ihad no choice. i wanted the the new call of duty...

Gamestop sucks. I went in the other day to trade in Gears of War 2 & Mirrors Edge and the dude offered me $32. ****

--I used to work for them. Each used game should have a unique sku number. The 2K9 with your sku number is below the price on the box and should match up withthe one still behind the counter.

always check everything from gamestop, always ask for a better copy of a used game, and always make sure the new game you buy is sealed.

gamestop is so lame, they're always trying to pull fast ones, it's a damn shame. buying back games for 5$ and putting in on the shelf for 35$,disgusting. selling used games that don't work etc

Originally Posted by seniosoul

you got played... game stop employees play 2k9 while you played killzone

lmao.. i dont think you can prove you never got the disc... why wouldn't you check in the store before you walked out?

Originally Posted by TD The God

They don't give receipts? That should prove it, no?

Yep.

Same thing happened to me when I bought Soul Calibur.

I just went there the next day, explained the situation, showed my receipt, and got my game.

You shouldn't have a problem.

rent old/used game, beat game, return w/in 30 days for full refund...repeat. Its like your own blockbuster.

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

Word, just got home from the bar and they tried to charge me $10.50 for a Jack and Coke and a beer. That *%%+ was on special, there's no way that came out to $10.50. People take advantage of anything they can t pull a fast one. Just got NBA 2k9 new for $15 by the way, they need to improve the game.

$10.50 for a Jack with coke and a beer.. Thats about right. Thats not a bad price fam..

But yea it seems in these recession days people are taking advantage of other people as well as businesses

So i went to Game stop today and explained what happen. At first I don't think they believed me. I showed them my receipt..

Check, dude checks the inventory,. It said 1 game in stock. So he looked puzzled. I said whats wrong? He said well its showing 1 game in stock and we have thatgame behind the counter. So I asked well checked the racks to see if the game case is on the racks because your inventory might be screwed up. He said yourright. The box was not on the rack. So he still was puzzled. So I then said well cant you just check the camera. LOL He said your right again. he asked if Ihad some time to wait and I said plenty. So he goes into back office comes out 3 minutes later and says here you go , I trust you, u can just take it..LOL So Iguess either he believed me or he checked the camera and saw i didnt get it. I dont think he really checked the camera because he came back out within 2minutes.

They should have one more copy in their possession then whats in the system. For example if the computer has 8 copies available (yours was the ninth) and theyhave nine copies, that shows it was their mistake.

Usually the cameras are on 24 hour loop so I doubt they even had the footage from that day (unless they have a library).

Gamestop is bad business.
How am I going to buy garbage !$$ street fighter for $60 and you gonna turn it around and buy it back
for $25, but sell it for $55?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by superbness

So i went to Game stop today and explained what happen. At first I don't think they believed me. I showed them my receipt..

Check, dude checks the inventory,. It said 1 game in stock. So he looked puzzled. I said whats wrong? He said well its showing 1 game in stock and we have that game behind the counter. So I asked well checked the racks to see if the game case is on the racks because your inventory might be screwed up. He said your right. The box was not on the rack. So he still was puzzled. So I then said well cant you just check the camera. LOL He said your right again. he asked if I had some time to wait and I said plenty. So he goes into back office comes out 3 minutes later and says here you go , I trust you, u can just take it..LOL So I guess either he believed me or he checked the camera and saw i didnt get it. I dont think he really checked the camera because he came back out within 2 minutes.
time for me to bring in an empty COD4 case

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

when I first got perfect dark for the xbox 360 on launch day i kicked my 360 over while the game was running and it made a perfect circle scratch on the disc, i went back and told them I opened it and It was like that, dude asked me like 5 times are you sure you didnt do this ahaha

thank god that scratch was a perfect circle
I did that with my Madden.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom