SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

tipping is not just for "exceptional" service. it's a common courtesy and if you can't or won't tip for standard service, you shouldn't be eating at restaurants. take your food home. simple.
For sure. So you would say you don't have to tip on carry out orders? A lot of dudes in here even promoting that which has me kind of confused. You must just like giving other people money.

Last edited:
No one deserves to be stiffed when they are doing a satisfactory job. That's not what I, or anyone to my knowledge, has said. The problem arises when someone who is doing a C level works expects B or A level treatment. Tips aren't required, they are earned.

I worked as a server, so I know both sides. There are cheap people who will never tip no matter the level of service. While that sucked for me when I was a server, in no way would I compromise the level of service that I provide because of it. Why? Because that's a poor reflection of the establishment and my character, and people are always watching. I've had completely different tables leave tips with notes like "Sorry you had to deal with that ******* who ordered seafood, please do something fun with this $10!"

This not tipping thing is not a minority view. Name one other place in the non-western world where tipping is not only a cultural practice, but an expectation regardless of service. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but there are few examples if any. Because it doesn't make sense. It falls on the business owner.

View media item 581783

Yup
And didn't EXPECT a tip
Never ASKED for a tip
Or mad I didn't get one

Guessing you didn't make half of minimum wage while working that "tipped" job. Almost every restaurant/bar downtown here has an hourly wage that's less than $5/hr. I think anyone making half of minimum wage is going to expect a tip

Non tippers are all cheap people who don't know better. My opinion, seems to be a popular one though :nerd:
Ain't my fault Cali has a higher than average minimum wage

Guessing you didn't make half of minimum wage while working that "tipped" job. Almost every restaurant/bar downtown here has an hourly wage that's less than $5/hr. I think anyone making half of minimum wage is going to expect a tip

Non tippers are all cheap people who don't know better. My opinion, seems to be a popular one though :nerd:

They'll just dump on the person and say "get a better job"

If this person was on welfare they'll dump on them too, "get a job moocher".

There's no reasoning here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I like how people say "get a better job" as if things are that easy. Some of yall are either out of touch or have no compassion.

You never know the reasons for why people work the jobs that they do. No need to feel sorry, but the last thing you should be doing is basing your opinion off of a judgement.
No one is saying its that easy

But is it my fault u had to get a low paying job

It shouldn't be my responsibility to take care of ur household

Tipping is just another form of welfare

jimmie rustle mode activated

I think it's a ridiculously simple mindset to suggest someone get another job. It's laughable, really.

If someone is unhappy with their wages due to living off of the courtesy of others then they should get another job. One that provides a steady income. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

Why did u go back to the same place tho

I respect that he is sticking by his position. Dude is cheap and selfish and doesn't want to be bothered with other people's problems.

How may homeless people you pass by today alone without even giving them a second look? FOH with that holier than thou nonsense

How about you tell us how many homeless he passes by without giving a second look, since clearly you know.

If I knew I wouldn't have asked...
How is your comprehension so bad you dont know what your're saying?

How do you know even passed by homeless people? How you know if he does actually give homeless people money.

Your hole retort was based off assumptions.
I implied that at least once every day, or every few days (assuming he regularly leaves his home for multiple hours), he passes by someone who could use his help. I implied that he doesn't help every single one of those people that he comes across and thus he should hop down off of his high horse. I never implied that I knew the exact number. Are we done here or are you gonna continue riding my jock for reasons unknown?

I implied that at least once every day, or every few days (assuming he regularly leaves his home for multiple hours), he passes by someone who could use his help. I implied that he doesn't help every single one of those people that he comes across and thus he should hop down off of his high horse. I never implied that I knew the exact number. Are we done here or are you gonna continue riding my jock for reasons unknown?

View media item 1523791

tipping is not just for "exceptional" service. it's a common courtesy and if you can't or won't tip for standard service, you shouldn't be eating at restaurants. take your food home. simple.
I'm not even asking for exceptional, I'm just asking for the basics...

Decent service gets 10%
Bad service gets 0
When the service is terrible I pay in cash and leave all the coins that are not quarters

serial non tippers need to stay in their lane
I see you talkin greasy over in TAN.
roll.gif

Never tip.

Don't conform to society's ill conceived inane traditions.

It's great that you didn't and stood your ground calmly when talking to the waitress/manager and owner.

Back
Top Bottom