SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I like how people say "get a better job" as if things are that easy. Some of yall are either out of touch or have no compassion.

You never know the reasons for why people work the jobs that they do. No need to feel sorry, but the last thing you should be doing is basing your opinion off of a judgement.
No one is saying its that easy

But is it my fault u had to get a low paying job

It shouldn't be my responsibility to take care of ur household

Tipping is just another form of welfare

jimmie rustle mode activated

I think it's a ridiculously simple mindset to suggest someone get another job. It's laughable, really.
If someone is unhappy with their wages due to living off of the courtesy of others then they should get another job. One that provides a steady income. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

Why did u go back to the same place tho

I respect that he is sticking by his position. Dude is cheap and selfish and doesn't want to be bothered with other people's problems.

How may homeless people you pass by today alone without even giving them a second look? FOH with that holier than thou nonsense
How about you tell us how many homeless he passes by without giving a second look, since clearly you know.
If I knew I wouldn't have asked...

How much was the bill? :nerd:
$63 and some change
For 2 pizza's (only come in 1 size 8 slices a piece)
2 French fries
2 waters(free)
3 sodas
It was me
My 9 and 8 year old
My girl
And my sisters 1 year old

Just say you only had $70 and wanted to use the remaining $7 for some quarter waters, a pack skittles, and utz chips for dessert and all will be forgiven.

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip?
Simply bringing my food and refilling my drink once isn't cutting it.

You have to at least act like I'm more than just a vessel for you to get some money out of. Which is mad obvious with how some of these fools be talking to you. 

They don't have to hit a back flip to my table, but at least check on our table a couple times. Refill my drink more than once. The problem is a lot of these people just expect people to tip them so they don't even care about their service.

And from a lot of the responses in this thread I can see why.

See below.

I respect that he is sticking by his position. Dude is cheap and selfish and doesn't want to be bothered with other people's problems.
I'm not cheap
Or selfish
Just don't tip for average service
I will admit other people's problems don't concern me all that much
But it's cause I have my own to be worried about
Plus I dont like to be in other peoples business

Question...what exactly do you expect out of service that would make you give a tip? Because I'm having a real hard time believing that your non-tipping isn't just a way for you to cover up for your overall cheapness.
Refill drinks
Clear table in timely manner
Check on our table
Knowledgable of menu items
Check to make sure my silverware and played are actually clean before giving them to me
3 of the five things she did not do

You know how many times I'll eat somewhere and have to send silverware/dish back because it's dirty? Is that on the server? :lol: How hard is it to tell them to swap it out? You really going to hold a tip against them for that?

Clearing a table in a timely manner? :rofl: :rofl:

These standards, tho

The things you're mentioning take no more than a simple flag down to get your servers attention to do.

This is petty ****, bro.

Not doing these things (to me), but taking reminders from the guests, equates to normal/average service. They'll still get a tip at the end of the day.
My server brought out the silverware
She couldn't check to see if it was clean before bringing it???
And I woulda flagged her down to clear our table
If she was around
Mind u the place was empty when we arrived and left

See below.
You know how many times I'll eat somewhere and have to send silverware/dish back because it's dirty? Is that on the server?
laugh.gif
How hard is it to tell them to swap it out? You really going to hold a tip against them for that?

Clearing a table in a timely manner?
roll.gif
roll.gif

These standards, tho

The things you're mentioning take no more than a simple flag down to get your servers attention to do.

This is petty ****, bro.

Not doing these things (to me), but taking reminders from the guests, equates to normal/average service. They'll still get a tip at the end of the day.
I'll give you an example. The last time I went out to eat dude took our order and didn't come back until the food came out. I tried flagging him down twice to add something to our order to no avail. Dude brought us our food and I asked for ketchup, he said no problem. BRUH NEVER CAME BACK! Went the full meal with just the original drink. Homie brought us our bill before even asking if we wanted dessert. Guess what? I still tipped him because I was with other people and didn't feel like having this social debate.

Find it completely idiotic I gave money to someone who I feel like didn't even earn it. Of course dude had multiple offenses, but still. Point is there's a lot more to the game than just bringing me my food. 

You dudes acting like every server automatically deserve money every transaction are killing me.

$63 and some change
For 2 pizza's (only come in 1 size 8 slices a piece)
2 French fries
2 waters(free)
3 sodas
It was me
My 9 and 8 year old
My girl
And my sisters 1 year old

Wow, you didn't tip on a $63 bill? :smh:

Not even 5 bucks?

:smh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll give you an example. The last time I went out to eat dude took our order and didn't come back until the food came out. I tried flagging him down twice to add something to our order to no avail. Dude brought us our food and I asked for ketchup, he said no problem. BRUH NEVER CAME BACK! Went the full meal with just the original drink. Homie brought us our bill before even asking if we wanted dessert. Guess what? I still tipped him because I was with other people and didn't feel like having this social debate.

Find it completely idiotic I gave money to someone who I feel like didn't even earn it. Of course dude had multiple offenses, but still. Point is there's a lot more to the game than just bringing me my food. 

You dudes acting like every server automatically deserve money every transaction are killing me.

this is an exception to the rule, y'all really go to extremes

"I had bad service once so it's okay to not tip every server"

See below.

You know how many times I'll eat somewhere and have to send silverware/dish back because it's dirty? Is that on the server? :lol: How hard is it to tell them to swap it out? You really going to hold a tip against them for that?

Clearing a table in a timely manner? :rofl: :rofl:

These standards, tho

This is petty ****, bro.

The example you gave is clearly bad service...what OP described was not that.

Also, there was nothing stopping you from flagging down another waiter to help you out. Your server has a job, yes...but that's on you if you wanted a refill and went the whole meal parched.

Hell 63$ for pizza and fries i wouldn't have tipped either they got enough of your money fam.

She's out of line for approaching you. I would've hit her with "well I expect you to pay your employees a liveable wage where they don't have to rely on tips". But you should be embarassed OP. Have you ever worked any sort of customer service gig?

this is an exception to the rule, y'all really go to extremes

"I had bad service once so it's okay to not tip every server"
That's not even what I said. Refer to my other posts. If the person doesn't try to make a HUMAN connection with me they're automatically getting docked points. I refuse to be treated like a tool just for them to get their money without earning it.

I'm a delivery driver who works off tips so this argument is petty to me. Dudes order 1 sandwich for delivery all the time and it's like $5.29. I already know when I see the order pop up dude isn't tipping. It's part of the game. It's totally okay because the next order comes up and it's a $150 order and I'm going to make 25 bucks off that one transaction.

The game is a lot different for delivery vs serving. My point still stands though. 

She's out of line for approaching you. I would've hit her with "well I expect you to pay your employees a liveable wage where they don't have to rely on tips". But you should be embarassed OP. Have you ever worked any sort of customer service gig?
Yup
And didn't EXPECT a tip
Never ASKED for a tip
Or mad I didn't get one

You can make some decent money for delivery. Especially if your place credits you with a delivery charge. Stuff adds up and pretty much pays for your gas. Tips get pocketed.

Last edited:
I personally think the OP should of tipped, but her coming out and following him is ridiculous. He didn't tip because he wasn't legally obligated. You catching feels about it after the fact isn't going to change anything. Chalk it up and don't let it effect your attitude with your next customer and hope they aren't as cheap.

I no longer work in the food service industry, but I've had plenty of jobs as a busboy, barista, and server (work in IT now.)

I absolutely HATE when people think that tips are required. Tipping is OPTIONAL. I lived on tips for 2~3 years in college, so I know how inconsistent checks can be and how appreciated those tips really are by others in the industry. But, those tips should only be the result of that individual's hustle and no one should feel shamed into forking over an additional 10-15% because "thats just what you do." The bare minimum is what you should make when you provide bare minimum service, PERIOD.

Maybe its because I'm biased and have experience, but its really not hard to be a decent waiter. You seat guests at a clean table, grab menus/cutlery/water, and then just make your rounds. I was incredibly lazy, took cigarette breaks all the time, but still managed to get decent tips because I was nice, paid attention, and made sure to check in regularly with every table. Its not difficult.

The people who feel entitled to tips, by and large, are the laziest workers. The cats that show up at 2:05 when their shift started at 2, or would check off the sanitizing buckets even though the water was ice cold. Worked at a place on campus, a random resturant, and my family's cafe... It was always the same types with complaints like "Ugh, I just waited on those guys and all they tipped was $2 on their huge bill!" Well, maybe if you weren't busy talking **** about them within ear shot, or checked on them more than 1 time every 30 minutes, they'd be inclined to give more.

Miss me with that "they need tips cause they only make $3/hr!" BS. That's the owners/managements issue, not mine. They accepted that job knowing the pay scale. They have the ability to seek other work. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, theres gotta be a gas station, McDonalds, whatever else that you can elect to do. But most won't because they know an untaxed $3/hr with a few dollars of tips every hour job pays better than a $7/hr job thats taxed (and i know people are supposed to pay taxes on tips, but no one does.)

If you don't like it, boss up and gain skills that will make you hireable in another field. I know its possible because I did it. The socioeconomic conditions in the US are not that bad yet. Welfare and unemployment are there in case you stumble, and were created for that very reason.

I like how people say "get a better job" as if things are that easy. Some of yall are either out of touch or have no compassion.

You never know the reasons for why people work the jobs that they do. No need to feel sorry, but the last thing you should be doing is basing your opinion off of a judgement.
No one is saying its that easy

But is it my fault u had to get a low paying job

It shouldn't be my responsibility to take care of ur household

Tipping is just another form of welfare

jimmie rustle mode activated

I think it's a ridiculously simple mindset to suggest someone get another job. It's laughable, really.

If someone is unhappy with their wages due to living off of the courtesy of others then they should get another job. One that provides a steady income. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

How may homeless people you pass by today alone without even giving them a second look? FOH with that holier than thou nonsense

How about you tell us how many homeless he passes by without giving a second look, since clearly you know.

If I knew I wouldn't have asked...

How is your comprehension so bad you dont know what your're saying?

How do you know even passed by homeless people? How you know if he does actually give homeless people money.

Your hole retort was based off assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom