SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

I didn't say it was but if they charging 63$ for pizza and fries they can pay the servers just fine.

And if you're paying $63 bucks for pizza and fries you could afford to give a $5 tip. It works both ways. Servers work off tips, and not tipping for something as petty that was mentioned is ridiculous. Maybe not 20%, but at least 10%, he should be banned.

Restaurants have a lot of overhead especially if they sell liquor. What they charge for the food doesn't mean they "got it like that".,

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saying tho!

If spending $63 on food for four people is too much money, maybe you should reconsider where you're dining.

It's a pizza place boy

thats getting finessed

I don't mind sitting down and paying for a nice meal some steak or some lobster but I'm sorry I'm not giving someone 70$ for 2 pizzas

$63 and no tip damn. Obviously expensive for some pizza like people are saying but thats not on the waitress.

When was the last time you did tip? how exceptional was the service and what was the bill/tip like?

It's a pizza place boy

thats getting finessed

I don't mind sitting down and paying for a nice meal some steak or some lobster but I'm sorry I'm not giving someone 70$ for 2 pizzas
Nah, $25-$30 for a large pizza at a local pizza spot is about right.

It just sounds like a lot.

It bet not of been cheese pizzas tho.

I'm saying tho!

If spending $63 on food for four people is too much money, maybe you should reconsider where you're dining.

It's a pizza place boy

thats getting finessed

Hell 63$ for pizza and fries i wouldn't have tipped either they got enough of your money fam.

CASH Banks, tho.

:lol:

I no longer work in the food service industry, but I've had plenty of jobs as a busboy, barista, and server (work in IT now.)

I absolutely HATE when people think that tips are required. Tipping is OPTIONAL. I lived on tips for 2~3 years in college, so I know how inconsistent checks can be and how appreciated those tips really are by others in the industry. But, those tips should only be the result of that individual's hustle and no one should feel shamed into forking over an additional 10-15% because "thats just what you do." The bare minimum is what you should make when you provide bare minimum service, PERIOD.

Maybe its because I'm biased and have experience, but its really not hard to be a decent waiter. You seat guests at a clean table, grab menus/cutlery/water, and then just make your rounds. I was incredibly lazy, took cigarette breaks all the time, but still managed to get decent tips because I was nice, paid attention, and made sure to check in regularly with every table. Its not difficult.

The people who feel entitled to tips, by and large, are the laziest workers. The cats that show up at 2:05 when their shift started at 2, or would check off the sanitizing buckets even though the water was ice cold. Worked at a place on campus, a random resturant, and my family's cafe... It was always the same types with complaints like "Ugh, I just waited on those guys and all they tipped was $2 on their huge bill!" Well, maybe if you weren't busy talking **** about them within ear shot, or checked on them more than 1 time every 30 minutes, they'd be inclined to give more.

Miss me with that "they need tips cause they only make $3/hr!" BS. That's the owners/managements issue, not mine. They accepted that job knowing the pay scale. They have the ability to seek other work. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, theres gotta be a gas station, McDonalds, whatever else that you can elect to do. But most won't because they know an untaxed $3/hr with a few dollars of tips every hour job pays better than a $7/hr job thats taxed (and i know people are supposed to pay taxes on tips, but no one does.)

If you don't like it, boss up and gain skills that will make you hireable in another field. I know its possible because I did it. The socioeconomic conditions in the US are not that bad yet. Welfare and unemployment are there in case you stumble, and were created for that very reason.
Preaching that gospel repped

And if you're paying $63 bucks for pizza and fries you could afford to give a $5 tip. It works both ways. Servers work off tips, and not tipping for something as petty that was mentioned is ridiculous. Maybe not 20%, but at least 10%, he should be banned.

I can afford a lot of things that doesn't mean I have to do it

it's not my job to keep a waiter out of the poor house

you dudes in here acting like this is mandatory are crazy and I've never had a problem tipping folks but this attitude that it is a must is absurd.

CASH Banks, tho.

I don't know how many times I've said it on here but my name has nothing to do with money

:rolleyes

CASH Banks, tho.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Only broke boys equate spending money is having money.

I no longer work in the food service industry, but I've had plenty of jobs as a busboy, barista, and server (work in IT now.)

I absolutely HATE when people think that tips are required. Tipping is OPTIONAL. I lived on tips for 2~3 years in college, so I know how inconsistent checks can be and how appreciated those tips really are by others in the industry. But, those tips should only be the result of that individual's hustle and no one should feel shamed into forking over an additional 10-15% because "thats just what you do." The bare minimum is what you should make when you provide bare minimum service, PERIOD.

Maybe its because I'm biased and have experience, but its really not hard to be a decent waiter. You seat guests at a clean table, grab menus/cutlery/water, and then just make your rounds. I was incredibly lazy, took cigarette breaks all the time, but still managed to get decent tips because I was nice, paid attention, and made sure to check in regularly with every table. Its not difficult.

The people who feel entitled to tips, by and large, are the laziest workers. The cats that show up at 2:05 when their shift started at 2, or would check off the sanitizing buckets even though the water was ice cold. Worked at a place on campus, a random resturant, and my family's cafe... It was always the same types with complaints like "Ugh, I just waited on those guys and all they tipped was $2 on their huge bill!" Well, maybe if you weren't busy talking **** about them within ear shot, or checked on them more than 1 time every 30 minutes, they'd be inclined to give more.

Miss me with that "they need tips cause they only make $3/hr!" BS. That's the owners/managements issue, not mine. They accepted that job knowing the pay scale. They have the ability to seek other work. Even if you live in the middle of nowhere, theres gotta be a gas station, McDonalds, whatever else that you can elect to do. But most won't because they know an untaxed $3/hr with a few dollars of tips every hour job pays better than a $7/hr job thats taxed (and i know people are supposed to pay taxes on tips, but no one does.)

If you don't like it, boss up and gain skills that will make you hireable in another field. I know its possible because I did it. The socioeconomic conditions in the US are not that bad yet. Welfare and unemployment are there in case you stumble, and were created for that very reason.

how would I know NT would rep this non sense

decent waiters don't deserved to be stiffed by a bunch of cheapskates, problem is most of NT lives in this little bubble where a lot of people share this minority view compared to outside of NT

I don't see an issue. If you bring me dirty plates and don't refill my drink you don't deserve anything extra. All tipping does with those people is enables them

Man I don't know what people you know working in the service industry, but all my waiter/server/bar tender friends are CAKING. Of course the whole single mom/college student stigma definitely has its truths. But don't be putting these cats in this category like they aren't banking. 

I can afford a lot of things that doesn't mean I have to do it

it's not my job to keep a waiter out of the poor house

you dudes in here acting like this is mandatory are crazy and I've never had a problem tipping folks but this attitude that it is a must is absurd.

Nobody is talking about keeping people out of the poor house, but this is NT. I forgot about the extremes.

Yup
And didn't EXPECT a tip
Never ASKED for a tip
Or mad I didn't get one

Guessing you didn't make half of minimum wage while working that "tipped" job. Almost every restaurant/bar downtown here has an hourly wage that's less than $5/hr. I think anyone making half of minimum wage is going to expect a tip

Non tippers are all cheap people who don't know better. My opinion, seems to be a popular one though :nerd:

tipping is not just for "exceptional" service. it's a common courtesy and if you can't or won't tip for standard service, you shouldn't be eating at restaurants. take your food home. simple.

tipping is not just for "exceptional" service. it's a common courtesy and if you can't or won't tip for standard service, you shouldn't be eating at restaurants. take your food home. simple.

Bingo.

The lady chasing after him was extra. No need for that.

However, everything else that OP described (to me) didn't justify not tipping. He got average service....which is the case in MANY instances of going out to eat.

Yeah.

Maybe not $30 a pop but $20 for sure.

I done dropped $30 on MYSELF for local delivery pizza :lol: |I  

He's feeding a family.

Damn!

I got a wife and 3 kids

live in NY and we can get a large pizza 20 wings and a 2 liter soda for 30$ from our local joint

Last edited:
how would I know NT would rep this non sense

decent waiters don't deserved to be stiffed by a bunch of cheapskates, problem is most of NT lives in this little bubble where a lot of people share this minority view compared to outside of NT

No one deserves to be stiffed when they are doing a satisfactory job. That's not what I, or anyone to my knowledge, has said. The problem arises when someone who is doing a C level works expects B or A level treatment. Tips aren't required, they are earned.

I worked as a server, so I know both sides. There are cheap people who will never tip no matter the level of service. While that sucked for me when I was a server, in no way would I compromise the level of service that I provide because of it. Why? Because that's a poor reflection of the establishment and my character, and people are always watching. I've had completely different tables leave tips with notes like "Sorry you had to deal with that ******* who ordered seafood, please do something fun with this $10!"

This not tipping thing is not a minority view. Name one other place in the non-western world where tipping is not only a cultural practice, but an expectation regardless of service. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen elsewhere, but there are few examples if any. Because it doesn't make sense. It falls on the business owner.

Back
Top Bottom