SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Went to Red Robin yesterday. Me and 3 other tables got the worst service ever haha. Waiter took 10-15 mins to come up to us to greet and take our order, thankfully we got our food quickly(dude forgot our onion rings). The 2 Tables behind us waited damn near a hour.

Waiter just disappeared for like 20 mins, dude prbly went on break and gave no dambs [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]. Wasn't even going to pay, just walk out at that point.

Last edited:
The price of your bill is for the food itself, and it being cooked for you.

The price of your tip is for the service of taking your order, bringing you your food and drinks and taking care of your needs.

Not sure why this is difficult to understand.

The price of your tip is for the service of taking your order, bringing you your food and drinks and taking care of your needs.

If it's a legitimate service then why is payment optional

:lol: @ justifying not tipping. some of y'all, man

If it's a legitimate service then why is payment optional

is that a serious ******* question???

:lol:

Last edited:
I was just in Spain for two weeks..where tipping isn't even expected..if u do tip..leave a nominal amount..

I was tipping everyone like it was Christmas

If service is bad..u still leave a little something

If u wanna look really bad..hey do you

Last edited:

Yeah no, but feel free to shoot over the PowerPoint of cost of supply and processing

Last edited:

Yeah no, but feel free to shoot over the PowerPoint of cost of supply
Not even sure what you are trying to say here.  Supply of food costs?

I feel bad for the people who have been tricked into believing tipping should be a mandatory thing. That's the owners responsibility to pay his employees, not mine. Yall saying why would op go back if the service was mediocre, Idk about yall but I go to a restaurant for the food, not the ******* service. Some of yall really amaze me man :lol: Ive never been to a bad place twice because the servers were great. On the other hand Ive gone to places where the service was awful multiple times because the food is that damn good. So youre gotdamn right Id rather have the price calculated into the food and the owners pay the workers a steady wage. The sense of entitlement in some waiters is down right appalling. Hell no Im not gonna tip your *** for filling my water and bringing me my food. Youre doing a medial job that deserves minimum wage, and the owner should pay you so. If you dont like it get a better job, and yes it really is that easy, it's not like youre a manager at a firm who just got laid off, youre a medial job worker with little to no skill, it's not hard to find a minimum wage job in America if you apply yourself. But guess what? Those waiters wont do that because theyre happy making well above MW for half assing their duties (some not all waiters) when they go to work off of the types of people in this thread that think tipping 15% is mandatory, regardless of how they treat you.

Ps I tip for excellent service, regardless of the job. For example, I went to sonics a month or 2 back and dude was busting his *** like nobody Ive ever seen at a restaurant, I even spilled a slushee and he rolled over on his skates cleaned that **** up and didnt think anything of it (at least he didnt show it). Absolutely no display of any sort of entitlement, and I threw him a 10.

I also tip anyone who I'll be needing services from in the future (barber)

Yall dudes so uptight :lol: worried about how the people at the resteraunt feel about you. :rofl:
if the service sucks I'm not tipping nothing and I won't return more than likely

If you don't tip regularly when eating out then you are just an *******. May not think so, but people who don't tip are.

Edit: do non-tippers tip delivery guys or nah?

Last edited:
Wow some of these replies are great..the cleaning lady in Spain wanted to clean our room..I was like "No it's ok"..because we made a big mess lol

She didn't do anything ..I still gave her 5 euros

What don't u understand that their income is predicated on tips..they get low wages and the tips compensate for the low wages..a generous tip is an incentive..but regardless u always tip

Stick to McDonald's and Burger King

Last edited:
Yall dudes so uptight
laugh.gif
worried about how the people at the resteraunt feel about you.
roll.gif

if the service sucks I'm not tipping nothing and I won't return more than likely
Don't think there is a single person in here advocating for one to tip and go back to a restaurant if the "service sucks."

Not one single poster.

There are restaurants that have no tipping policies, and have seen record increase in patronage and thus profit as a result.

Calling people cheap is about as silly and simple minded of an argument as one can resort to, as obviously the person isn't lacking for funds nor the willingness to spend them given that they just paid premium markup for the meal to begin with.

https://www.yahoo.com/food/restaurant-sees-profits-triple-after-it-ditches-121108634284.html

Fry’s take on tipping is simple and logical. “Whether it’s good service or bad service, people tend to tip the same amount,” he said, citing a Cornell professor’s findings. “When you have bad service, you just don’t go back. So in reality, tipping hides how people actually feel.” Plus, Fry says how you pay your employees shows how you feel about your business. “You cannot tell me that your business model relies on paying people below the poverty line,” he said. “You gotta have more pride in your business than that.

Here's the aforementioned study, that seems to suggest that most people tip the same amount regardless of service
http://tippingresearch.com/uploads/Short_unbounded.pdf

Another article talks about it, and a tricky practice of a 20% "administrative fee" one place came up with, which just seems like autogratuity to me.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...1b5a86-c299-11e4-9271-610273846239_story.html

Yall dudes so uptight :lol: worried about how the people at the resteraunt feel about you. :rofl:

Don't think there is a single person in here advocating for one to tip and go back to a restaurant if the "service sucks."

Not one single poster.

Than why are people talking about still tipping a little bit because they don't want to be remembered :lol:

Paying people because they won't make any money otherwise is a stupid reason. It's like a step above giving change to a homeless man because I feel sorry for him

McDonald's has a double cheeseburger / small fries combo for $2.50

Jump on that!!!

Man i just went to this bar tonight and had a beer on draft that double duece type status. i finished it and was good but had a stoge and the waitress gave me another beer for no reason. i didnt even ask for it though. just came back and it was there. mind you i had 5-6 beers prior to going there so i was good with 1 beer. great customer service but ima give a dollar because i just wanted 1 beer.

Back
Top Bottom