SO I GOT BANNED FOR NOT TIPPING LOL

Ok, good luck convincing them that people paying nothing for the service deserve the same treatment as those paying for the service.
There is nothing to convince them on. The establishment should uphold a standard of service to every customer. Going above that standard is one thing but performing below that standard would not be tolerated by me whether I tip or not.

Sorry! I just had to fix it! 
laugh.gif

So yesterday I hit up best buy to try and take advantage of that 40 inch samsung tv and 500gb xbox 1 deal for $500
I get there find out they're sold out
Try and stock locate
All the tv's are sold out in their distribution center
And all their stores
Tried every loophole I could think of
Tried to see if they had any refurbished samsung tv they could sell me
Or a return
Or substitute a cheaper tv I tried EVERYTHING
so I say **** it and leave
After walking out the door I google map another best buy in the area and head there
I get there dude tells me the SAME info
BUT
he says he can substitute another 40 inch hd Samsung smart tv
So I'm hype
But then he's like all the 500 gb xb1's are sold out
BUT he can order one from the distribution center for me
Send it next day shipping
Waive the next day shipping fee
And still let me walk out with the tv now
And have the xb1 shipped to my house
And gave me everything for that $500 price
I was hype
I gave dude a $40 tip
Perfect example of going over and beyond and providing exceptional service
He deserved more honestly

You out here leaving no stone unturned and trying to cop refurbished tvs.
Dude probably even broke a few rules for you so you can walk out with your cheap electronics. You diddy bopping out the store like your $40 means much after all the money dude just saved you.
Keep your tips, b. You might need it more than the waiters.

If you would've gone to school and prepared yourself and set up some high paying jobs you wouldn't be in a position to jump through loopholes to get a used TV.
There are plenty of opportunities in this country that you don't need to put anyone through the burden of breaking company policies to give you next day free shipping.

@Zik -Am I doing it right?

Last edited:
So yesterday I hit up best buy to try and take advantage of that 40 inch samsung tv and 500gb xbox 1 deal for $500
I get there find out they're sold out
Try and stock locate
All the tv's are sold out in their distribution center
And all their stores
Tried every loophole I could think of
Tried to see if they had any refurbished samsung tv they could sell me
Or a return
Or substitute a cheaper tv I tried EVERYTHING
so I say **** it and leave
After walking out the door I google map another best buy in the area and head there
I get there dude tells me the SAME info
BUT
he says he can substitute another 40 inch hd Samsung smart tv
So I'm hype
But then he's like all the 500 gb xb1's are sold out
BUT he can order one from the distribution center for me
Send it next day shipping
Waive the next day shipping fee
And still let me walk out with the tv now
And have the xb1 shipped to my house
And gave me everything for that $500 price
I was hype
I gave dude a $40 tip
Perfect example of going over and beyond and providing exceptional service
He deserved more honestly

You out here leaving no stone unturned and trying to cop refurbished tvs.
Dude probably even broke a few rules for you so you can walk out with your cheap electronics. You diddy bopping out the store like your $40 means much after all the money dude just saved you.
Keep your tips, b. You might need it more than the waiters.

If you would've gone to school and prepared yourself and set up some high paying jobs you wouldn't be in a position to jump through loopholes to get a used TV.
There are plenty of opportunities in this country that you don't need to put anyone through the burden of breaking company policies to give you next day free shipping.

@Zik -Am I doing it right?
I got a brand new one not a refurbished one

Ok, good luck convincing them that people paying nothing for the service deserve the same treatment as those paying for the service.
There is nothing to convince them on. The establishment should uphold a standard of service to every customer. Going above that standard is one thing but performing below that standard would not be tolerated by me whether I tip or not.

In theory, sure. In practice, when the establishment gets busy, people that don't tip will likely be low priority.

Do you have a list of actions that a waiter/waitress should perform for any given restaurant, or do you just expect them to provide your expectation of what good service is?

I remember a lady told me that I wasn't upholding good customer service practices because I refused to accept her personal trash. My refusal was based on company policy.

Last edited:
Although its an option to tip there are a lot of tight wads in this thread. If you don't want to tip order food to go or eat at quick service restaurants. Base salary isn't that much and yes may be they should looking for better jobs. However don't so quick to judge people based on where they work and how they provide for themselves. Keep in mind we all have to start somewhere or have to work a crappy job at some point in our lives. 

32 pages :smh: :lol:

I do tip & will tip very well if my serve is busting their ***. But I get OP's point, it shouldn't be on us to subsidize the workers wages. Just pay them better period. It's funny ppl will try & flame an individual not the greedy companies run this finesse game. Then again NT'ers are moral knights sworn to uphold a certain code & lead perfect lives.

Last edited:
op lying

you damn well know he gave those 40 bucks so that the employee could hook him. op probably give the money as an incentive

Last edited:
Dude is right. WHether he tips or not, the waiter should be giving him top notch service. Now, realistically, that is hard to imagine but he is a customer and he deserves good service whether or not he is tipping to the level that @Diego  wants him to tip.

And if he goes to the manager, he should have a legit case. No manager is going to publicly side with the waiter that does a bad job because of the lack of great tip

Dude is right. WHether he tips or not, the waiter should be giving him top notch service. Now, realistically, that is hard to imagine but he is a customer and he deserves good service whether or not he is tipping to the level that @Diego
 wants him to tip.

And if he goes to the manager, he should have a legit case. No manager is going to publicly side with the waiter that does a bad job because of the lack of great tip

What is top notch service though?
I'm not even going back to page 1 but I believe this was a pizza establishment. What the hell do you call top notch service in a pizza place?

You want your fountain soda full at all times? You want the waitress to cut up your pie? Extra napkins for you classless people that don't tip?
You want a handjob while you eat?

Please tell me how to top notch in a pizza spot.

Dude is right. WHether he tips or not, the waiter should be giving him top notch service. Now, realistically, that is hard to imagine but he is a customer and he deserves good service whether or not he is tipping to the level that @Diego
 wants him to tip.

I'm not even going back to page 1 but I believe this was a pizza establishment. What the hell do you call top notch service in a pizza place?

You want your fountain soda full at all times? You want the waitress to cut up your pie? Extra napkins for you classless people that don't tip?

It was a "high end" pizza place
They import the flour for their crust from Italy

what makes servers feel entitled to deserve more tip just because the food is more expensive?? B**** u ain't making the food, u walking the same 29 steps whether it's a grilled cheese or a steak better be happy with those $3 .... I'm all for tipping the chef

From the Fools Wildin.

Didn't want to derail that thread but I completely agree with this.

Why do they feel entitled to a larger tip because of the price when you're bringing me my entree, some condiments and my drink whether the meal costs 20 bucks or 120 bucks?

They should just do their goddamn job.

It's ******* in the Fools Wildin thread talmbout they gonna spit in the food next time they see a certain customer because they gave her a five dollar tip on a 180 dollar bill.

Like why is it our fault your manager is finessing you go spit on him :lol:

They shouldn't adjust their service based on how they think they are going to get tipped.

Last edited:
Although its an option to tip there are a lot of tight wads in this thread. If you don't want to tip order food to go or eat at quick service restaurants. Base salary isn't that much and yes may be they should looking for better jobs. However don't so quick to judge people based on where they work and how they provide for themselves. Keep in mind we all have to start somewhere or have to work a crappy job at some point in our lives. 

No one is looking down on them for the job they work...

But why is it our responsibility to make up for their bosses/company finessing them instead of us pointing the blame at the bosses/companies?

They need to open places where you get handjobs while you eat. Like if they're complimentary it should be okay.

I might rethink my tipping habits tbh.

No one is looking down on them for the job they work...

But why is it our responsibility to make up for their bosses/company finessing them instead of us pointing the blame at the bosses/companies?
so tipping is abolished, then the restaurant increase prices. The costs are always passed to the consumer. Tipping is how the dine-in restaurant system is in the US, it is what it is. Either way it was (tip vs price increases), a person that tips now would still be paying the same amount. So who really cares, it's six of one half dozen of the other. Just don't be cheap, and tip the couple dollars or don't eat out.

From the Fools Wildin.

Didn't want to derail that thread but I completely agree with this.

Why do they feel entitled to a larger tip because of the price when you're bringing me my entree, some condiments and my drink whether the meal costs 20 bucks or 120 bucks?

No one feels entitled but that is the system they work under. When you enter a restaurant and are served you enter an unwritten agreement that this person will serve your needs and be tipped according to the industry standard. That doesn't apply to places who incorporate tip into the bill already. The server has incentive to meet your needs in order to receive compensation upon completion of the meal. The places where I have had the worst service have always been where the tip is already added and the person is not working for it.

To the point about the server not making the food or whatever. In many cases that tip you leave on the table not only covers the server but the bartender, cook, busser, and the QA who organizes your food. The server is required to tip out a set % to each of those people at the end of the night.

So stop being cheap or eat fast food.

Back
Top Bottom