So I got hired at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom...will I regret it?

I applied online and my interview was yesterday, I applied for retail. I had to wait for my pre-screening, then after that I had to wait for this groupinterview. After a good 15 minutes of the group interview, one of the employees called me out and told me to go with him. He said...he had no room for retailso he rerouted me to costume character, my second choice. I changed my mind after I was informed it was hot inside of the costume, so this old guy interviewedme...and I chose to be in the Foods department. And while I was being interviewed, this one girl was being interviewed for retail
smh.gif

Well, this is my first job, but I've operated an auto detailing business since I was 14, so I guess I have some experience interacting with people Idon't know. In this case, they described a Foods employee as someone on their feet, they have to run around the park wherever they're needed. For somereason, I don't think I really thought it all through, I only applied because I was SO sure I was gonna get into retail but
tired.gif
I'm starting to think I'm gonna regret it, it feels like I'm alwaysgoing to be working by myself, that I won't make any friends or I won't feel comfortable in the work environment. I don't know, does anybody haveany experience working there?

its a job dude, jus make sure u dont quit this one until u have another one lined up. this economy sucks

I second that, The economy is trash, if nothing else it will give you another type of job experience that will help your resume when the job environment getsbetter

A jobs a job. Especially since its your first job, consider yourself lucky with how our economy is and all the layoffs

Its not that bad you see a lot of people occasionally a hot female and/or milf. I worked at Waterworld though.

It's Marine World...I mean if you are from Vallejo, half of your friends work there anyway right? Be thankful you are getting paid and just have fun withit. Just see how it goes with the food position. If I were you I would have taken a costume and had fun with that. Who cares if it'll be hot inside, youact like Marine World is located in the valley somewhere, it's Vallejo. I know it'll get warm, but your not located in the valley like Magic Mountain.

Have fun man and enjoy the funnel cake.

its so hard to get a job these days, id do it if i was you, its only temporary anyways

I used to work there b4 they changed it to discovery kingdom. Worked in tickets, but got fired for stealing. Most of MW is corrupt. You should've done thecostumes, they only work 15 min for every hour you work, the rest is a break because its so hot in the costumes. I think they get paid more too.

a job is a job.

youll probably only regret it if you like going there for fun, because you wont want to go for fun anymore

working at six flags is a breeze.... i was there for six years... you should have worked for games.. best dept ever.... btw i was the senior sup there

Originally Posted by keepitgully

A jobs a job. Especially since its your first job, consider yourself lucky with how our economy is and all the layoffs

lol that old guy was prolly my uncle he the manger of the food side. if name was rick then it was him. but to be honest take the job cuz there arent many outthere

Back
Top Bottom