So I got into a car accident today

truth-serum

Banned
Got into my first accident today. On my way to work this morning some dumb girl dashed into traffic after leaving a fast food place. She crossed like two lanes and ended up in my lane. Instead of accelerating, her dumb self decided to just stop and I couldnt react in time so my car hit her. Mind you, this was after she entered my lane which I clearly had the right of way.

My airbags didn't deploy. Just my front bumper is scuffed up. I called 911 and the fire department and cops showed up. I filled a police report at the scene.Now clearly it's her fault but I wont know the results of the accident report for 1-2 days. The cop said I have to go to the precinct to get the report.

Should I report this to my insurance company eventhough I'm not at fault? I don't want my insurance rate to go up. Did a couple of google searchs and some people were saying their insurance rates went up eventhough they were not at fault

Last edited:
No airbags? My side airbags went off after a minor collission and ended up paying almost 2g's to get them replaced. Consider yourself lucky.

At least you safe bro.

Pics of the girl? :nerd:

You should report this to your insurance company and consider suing the car dealership you bought the car from or the car manufacturer since the airbags didn't deploy.

Who's your insurer? I know Allstate has accident forgiveness, either way it'll be 50/50 or they'll determine is your fault based on the point of impact....no matter what when you hit someone from the back you are pretty screwed....girl is an idiot and yes you should always report it to your insurance before she does and gets the one-up on you

Pics of the girl? I imagine you took pics of the accident, so you should have taken pics of her as well as her mass.

If she got the ticket you're good. Did you get her info as well. They're going to be sending you DAT CHECK!

She look hittable.

I didn't know your insurance is raised even if it wasn't your fault. I've never experienced that. I've always had Allstate fyi.

She crossed like two lanes and ended up in my lane. 
bc53f44211af18545a52ed5d18422298.gif

hope you alright though bro and everything works out 

In my accident the other party was 100% fault. He ran the redlight and hit me while texting. My insurance statefarm even gave me my deductable back and left my rate the same.

I've been in two accidents since I started driving, and both times the other party was at fault. Neither time did I file a claim with my insurance, I figured they didnt need to know. Both times I got the checks in the mail, and used 10% of the check to fix my car at a local shop I know and I kept the rest 
nthat.gif

I've been in two accidents since I started driving, and both times the other party was at fault. Neither time did I file a claim with my insurance, I figured they didnt need to know. Both times I got the checks in the mail, and used 10% of the check to fix my car at a local shop I know and I kept the rest :nthat:

Same thing I did but i notified my insurance JUST in case anything came back.

Some idiot drunk girl hit my parked car at a sports bar and left a notice. Shes lucky she did or it would of been a hit and run.

He provided pics and y'all can't even throw some rep his way?
mean.gif

File a claim stating that she is at fault . simple

You can't do that. They evaluate the facts

Got into my first accident today. On my way to work this morning some dumb girl dashed into traffic after leaving a fast food place. She crossed like two lanes and ended up in my lane. Instead of accelerating, her dumb self decided to just stop and I couldnt react in time so my car hit her. Mind you, this was after she entered my lane which I clearly had the right of way.

My airbags didn't deploy. Just my front bumper is scuffed up. I called 911 and the fire department and cops showed up. I filled a police report at the scene.Now clearly it's her fault but I wont know the results of the accident report for 1-2 days. The cop said I have to go to the precinct to get the report.

Should I report this to my insurance company eventhough I'm not at fault? I don't want my insurance rate to go up. Did a couple of google searchs and some people were saying their insurance rates went up eventhough they were not at fault

You should have done it immediately. You also should have called the police, because it becomes your story against hers. The results might not be good, because you hit her.

You have witnesses?

I've been in two accidents since I started driving, and both times the other party was at fault. Neither time did I file a claim with my insurance, I figured they didnt need to know. Both times I got the checks in the mail, and used 10% of the check to fix my car at a local shop I know and I kept the rest :nthat:

big mistake

Should have filed right after you got her information. She could be telling her insurance another story

Back
Top Bottom