So I just read something interesting about the A's and Giants...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Damn till today I never thought about FB and baseball having 2 teams in that region. So what would you say is more popular now?

49ers or Raiders
Who is more popular between the Niners and Raiders?

Being a Raiders fan, and as such experiencing more media exposure for them, I would be inclined to say the Silver and Black. However, it would not surprise meone bit if there was data that proved the Niners are more popular. Positive city image, large population and a tradition of winning would make the Niners moreappealing, I think.

As for the Giants and A's, without a doubt it's the Giants who are more popular. But it seems like there are a lot of fairweather fans in the Bay, soif one team picked it up and made regular trips to the playoffs again I think that team would win a popularity contest.

Dont like the Giants baseball but i wear an A's fitted
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by acidicality

i prefer the A's and prefer the Niners, but I don't "hate" the Raiders or the Giants at all.

Same, I've never seen a Raiders/Giants combo.
My homie is exactly that... chose the darkside for football at an early age... and rolled with his pops' team for baseball.

I just root for the Bay at this point. We havent won anything in so long, Im craving a Chip by any of these 20 teams we have here

Yeah, you need to pick a side.

I could see if they were both in the same city, and you're rooting to see your city do well. But that isn't the case.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by acidicality

i prefer the A's and prefer the Niners, but I don't "hate" the Raiders or the Giants at all.

Same, I've never seen a Raiders/Giants combo.
My homie is exactly that... chose the darkside for football at an early age... and rolled with his pops' team for baseball.

I just root for the Bay at this point. We havent won anything in so long, Im craving a Chip by any of these 20 teams we have here
I can respect that. I also cheer for all Pac-10 teams in non-conference games, to the point where I wouldgo to Memorial/Haas to cheer for Cal, and I greatly dislike that school.

I root for the Yankees 1st, and Mets second. Why? It's NYC in the end. Just like the whole Raiders/Athletics and Giants/49ers thing. In the end, it'sthe Bay Area in the end.

I dont want folks to think the bay area is a bandwagon region, because it really isnt. There are fanatics from every fanbase, and plenty of people who wouldnever dare cross the line when it comes to supporting other teams. But there are different dynamics for people....my nephew, for example, was born in oaklandbut does not support the raiders because my bro is from SF and lives and dies with the 9ers. On the other hand, he likes the A's because his uncles alwaystook him to games.
I dislike the raiders and A's, and I wont lie that I get a kick out of watching them lose, but I dont HATE either team....that is reserved for the Dodgersand Cowboys, teams that we have been at odds for decades.

i stay on the eastbay so theres more raider fans here but theres niner fans too...overall id say the bay is 50/50 when it comes to football...the bay areais more of a football and baseball region...no matter how bad the teams are they support hardcore

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I root for the Yankees 1st, and Mets second. Why? It's NYC in the end. Just like the whole Raiders/Athletics and Giants/49ers thing. In the end, it's the Bay Area in the end.
I don't know what the sports atmosphere is like in other cities, but I don't think so many Bay Area people see it that way. Fans here aregenerally for only their team, and only worry about the other team when teams are being compared or are playing against each other, especially people in theEast Bay. I don't care about the Giants until we have to play them, and I definitely wouldn't root for them if they went to the World Series (Ididn't root for either them or the Angels in '02).

wont catch me wearing anything but an LA fitted.. and my raiders hats are from the LA days.. cant forget the lakers starter cap.

american league isnt even real baseball, so for sure wont find me in a angels hat. that team is in mexico for all i know. growing up in long beach.. idecided anything south of that was mexico. now up in LA/hollywood, anything north of the 101 at the 405 is canada.

and yes i consider anahiem as south of long beach because of its rich orange county culture.

Giants is my team, and i generally dont root for the A's unless they play a Giants division rival. Thats it.

not a big baseball fan so if either of those teams is playing, i'll root for em. i don't know too many diehard fans though that like both teams

This !*!! is false. All the real baseball fans in the bay pick only one of the two teams. It's rare for someone to cheer for both of them.

Being a Giant's fan, the only time I even acknowledge the A's are when we play them. @+%* the A's.

What makes it impossible for me to root for them is Al Davis and their fan base. I'll never root for the Raiders...

Most Giants' fans are squares, and aren't die-hard. That's why a lot of Giants' fans pick the A's as their 2nd team. But people who aredie-hard A's fans, they don't have the Giants in their top 27 teams.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Most Giants' fans are squares, and aren't die-hard. That's why a lot of Giants' fans pick the A's as their 2nd team. But people who are die-hard A's fans, they don't have the Giants in their top 27 teams.
laugh.gif
aint it the truth though?...always talking about splashhits this how theyre the most superior team...yadda yadda but they havent got a title since they moved to california

I'm from NY..

I just cannot root for the Mets. I just can't do it. Do I want to see them win games, sure? But if my Yanks are out of it, then it's usually it for me.

I'm jealous of that nice #$@ stadium. It makes my cry riding BART then seeing that rusty #$@ park. Just like the 9ers stadium lol

Back
Top Bottom