So I just watched the American Psycho

Whats the big fuss about this movie? It was boring as hell.... why is everyone praising this ****?

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed Christian Bale in it mostly... one of the best acting jobs I've ever seen from him.

The business card scene, the face wash/peel scene, him talking about Huey Lewis and the News, him talking to the girl at the laundromat, etc. All so well done, and the sort of "split personality" he had was amazing.

I think people praise it since Christian gets the girls left and right.

Maybe you just didn't get it? I'm really not about to get in to it and explain why it was an interesting story. I will say Bateman (or is it Bates?, I tend to confuse the two) is a pretty introspective character,.

I think the whole thing is meant to be a satire. The business card scene and accents are gold. I still watch it with the >D face though

I think the whole thing is meant to be a satire. The business card scene and accents are gold. I still watch it with the >D face though
Which scenes are you referring to? Are you talking about the scene where Bateman is jelly of other dude's business cards?

it ain't supposed to be a horror killer movie dummy.. its a satirical commentary on various aspects of society

this one's probably in my top 20 or 30. Great film.
Scary how you can relate to some aspects of a lunatic murderer (women, materialism, narcissism, etc)

Book was way better.

is it worth reading the book if I already saw the movie?

Last edited:
Scary how you can relate to some aspects of a lunatic murderer (women, materialism, narcissism, etc)

Yes. The book goes way more in depth. Very graphic though. I'm not a naturally squemish person, but some parts in the book were too much. :x

I'd skip the book. Whole chapters are dedicated to his musical musings, ala the Huey Newtown scene. It's great in one scene, but becomes a drag. Also, Ellis writes at length about Bateman's outfits. It feels like you're reading a Brooks Brother's catalog.

Back
Top Bottom