So I Listened to Rolling Papers for the first time and.............

I find myself listening to him less and less. Not so much because he's changed but listening to the constant braggadocio is ugh.

You guys are funny, Im in PGH and a lot of people dont care for this guy anymore, He wants to be a cali dude so bad smh (not that thats bad, But in pgh we never had no rapper make it big) , Now Mac Miller that's a different story

So Kush and Orange Juice was an album?

I got that ++%! for free.

Wiz just needs to stay humble.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

no joke can someone explain to me this guys appeal?
For me I think he's pretty good at staying in his lane. I rather hear somebody being good at staying in their lane than
hear somebody forcing themselves to try to be Nas or Biggie yet being nowhere close. 

***EDIT: And yea, Deal or No Deal and Show & Prove weren't mixtapes turned into retail albums, they were just independent albums before he signed with Atlantic.
Mixtapes are pretty much just independent albums, especially when they only get sold out of hood spots when they 1st came out.  I remember when Hell Rells: Streets Wanna Know mixtape came out...a few months later it was being sold as an "independent album" in stores.  But it was still a mixtape, that, after the popularity was gauged was repackaged and sold in stores
and as I've said in other threads, Chevy, aka Kev Tha Hustla has ALWAYS been the better rapper...its ashame what he's dumbed himself down into

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by boomboomskeetskeet

no joke can someone explain to me this guys appeal?
For me I think he's pretty good at staying in his lane. I rather hear somebody being good at staying in their lane than
hear somebody forcing themselves to try to be Nas or Biggie yet being nowhere close. 

***EDIT: And yea, Deal or No Deal and Show & Prove weren't mixtapes turned into retail albums, they were just independent albums before he signed with Atlantic.
Mixtapes are pretty much just independent albums, especially when they only get sold out of hood spots when they 1st came out.  I remember when Hell Rells: Streets Wanna Know mixtape came out...a few months later it was being sold as an "independent album" in stores.  But it was still a mixtape, that, after the popularity was gauged was repackaged and sold in stores
and as I've said in other threads, Chevy, aka Kev Tha Hustla has ALWAYS been the better rapper...its ashame what he's dumbed himself down into

I keep hearing this on here
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by solarius49

I keep hearing this on here
nerd.gif
He has a couple tapes on Datpiff, but its that gangsta rap, not the stuff he been makin with Wiz.  But his best performances were on the Govament tape "Election Day"

Rolling Papers is the definition of a frisbee.

You can use it to break weed down on but even that stretches the limits of its utility.

The Race is the only song on there that's not garbage.

hopes and dreams and top floor are great radio records, he could of improved his female fan base by releasing those records. Jus saying.

Originally Posted by bluecheese

hopes and dreams and top floor are great radio records, he could of improved his female fan base by releasing those records. Jus saying.

pretty sure he cleaned up with this song
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif

Domo's "Rolling Papers" > Wiz' "Rolling Papers"

I'm a big Wiz dude too. His tapes are much more iller. But major releases always have to be different.

The race and rooftops are the only good songs on that album. I like on my level a little but the rest is filler songs. Great mixtapes though.

I thought Rolling Papers was enjoyable, it's obviously extremely mainstream and has heavy pop influences but I thought it was pretty relaxing music, nice to bump in the summer.

It's wild how these labels be FORCING these dudes to make certain music.

I knew what time it was as soon as I found out Cardo, Sledgren, and Juliano wouldn't be on the album and all those pop !+% Stargate beats would be.

Back
Top Bottom