So I passed by an ATM that read..."Would You Like Another Transaction"....WWYD

Definitely the right thing passing up on taking some money. That's deliberately taking money from someone's pockets. Now finding money laying in thestreet on the other hand.. That's good to go.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

21 G's? I'm not gonna lie, I would probably took a G or 2. eff that... we struggling out there
Most ATMs only let you take out a few hundred at a time.

It seems like most of this thread has never used an ATM before.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

21 G's? I'm not gonna lie, I would probably took a G or 2. eff that... we struggling out there
Most ATMs only let you take out a few hundred at a time.

It seems like most of this thread has never used an ATM before.

roll.gif

roll.gif
so true. you only getting max 500 and most ill say atleast 90 of atmask you to re enter the pin. op you did the right thing cuz you know you would be mad as hell if some one did it to you

Yea, u did the right thing OP. Regardless of how much money the person has, u don't know what' it's for, could be for their rent, tuition, lawyerfees, etc.

This happened to me a couple of times. One of the times I saw the person drive away as I walked up to the ATM it said the same thing. I turned around saw thecar in the street waiting at a red light so I grabbed the card and receipt and ran over to the car and gave it to the guy. He was thankful, I was happy becauseI k ow how it feels to lose something like that and I would want someone to do the same for me. I have quite a few times given money that I have seen someonedrop back to that person.

i would have canceled it.

are there cameras on the premises also?

maybe they coulda caught you tryin to get that money if you did in fact take some...

Wachovia doesn't ask to re-enter pin

I come by someone leaving their card atleast 2-3 time a year

I always destroy their card and report it.

Now that I think of it...... This has actually happened to me before, and i was able to get my card back with no money taken out
smile.gif
so I'm glad that theperson that found my ATM card had the decency to return my card to the bank
happy.gif

That seems pretty tempting.. Its definitely something to think about. I remember this one time I was going for a walk and saw this guy in a rush drop a few20's and singles out of his pocket. The street was empty but I picked up the money and ran and gave it to him. It was really weird because I was high andas I ran I was contemplating keeping it but I was in a feel-good mood and would feel like a dirtbag if I kept it..

I've been in these situations a few times and I always return/dont take the $$.i don't believe in karma/religion but it feels good doing the"right" thing..

this happened to me once but the dude had just walked away so i called him over to get his card. there were also at least 5 ppl standing nearby thatsurprisingly did nothing

I prob would have taken like $100 and dipped. As long as it wasn't an ATM I frequented. I mean near my house, school, job, etcm hell no. btw Chase makesyou re-enter your pin everytime...... no worries from me.

This happened to my friend once and he pulled out $40 and waited for the guy to come back. When he came back he said I could of taken a lot more and handed thecard and receipt back to him. LOL. Yeah, my buddy is odd.

To answer your question, nope, never. And good job. Every ATM I've ever encountered had a camera so you would've been screwed anyway. And mostimportantly, it was the right thing to do. How do you plan on getting the card back to the guy? If it's been answered, my fault, 6 pages is a lot to readespecially when most of the responses are probably the same: "good job."

What bank do yall use where the ATM keeps your card until after the transaction is finished? I've never seen that. Swipe > enter pin > transaction>would you like another (in some cases reenter pin) > receipt

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

What bank do yall use where the ATM keeps your card until after the transaction is finished? I've never seen that. Swipe > enter pin > transaction >would you like another (in some cases reenter pin) > receipt
bank of america. i even catch myself forgetting that my card is still in the machine sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom