So I was j/ offered a job in Chicago *22 y/o white male*...

Yeah, so I was just offered the opportunity to move to Chicago with one of my friends and work for a guy we've known for awhile. He runs a huge truck driving operation out there, as well as many other operations. I believe the truck driving operation is his biggest source of revenue, but that is not what we would be doing. All I'm going to say is we'd be working in downtown Chicago making between 500-1k a week cash.

Now, he said he can help set us up with an apartment and everything, but I remember reading threads on here throughout the years that summertime in Chicago can be rough and dangerous. Hence the 22 y/o white male title
laugh.gif
...so I'm wondering what are some of the better areas to look at in terms of getting and apartment and what not - what is the average cost for a decent apartment? Anywhere to avoid?

If you guys had the opp to move from Rhode Island to Chicago, would you do it? I think this is something I'd do for about a year, to save up $, pay off college loans, as well as some CC debt and get my life in order. It seems like an opp. I can't pass up, but I'd just love to get some general knowledge of the area and what the life is presumably like. Any info is appreciated, and if this should be in the regional forum, then please move it.

Thanks

Yeah, so I was just offered the opportunity to move to Chicago with one of my friends and work for a guy we've known for awhile. He runs a huge truck driving operation out there, as well as many other operations. I believe the truck driving operation is his biggest source of revenue, but that is not what we would be doing. All I'm going to say is we'd be working in downtown Chicago making between 500-1k a week cash.

Now, he said he can help set us up with an apartment and everything, but I remember reading threads on here throughout the years that summertime in Chicago can be rough and dangerous. Hence the 22 y/o white male title
laugh.gif
...so I'm wondering what are some of the better areas to look at in terms of getting and apartment and what not - what is the average cost for a decent apartment? Anywhere to avoid?

If you guys had the opp to move from Rhode Island to Chicago, would you do it? I think this is something I'd do for about a year, to save up $, pay off college loans, as well as some CC debt and get my life in order. It seems like an opp. I can't pass up, but I'd just love to get some general knowledge of the area and what the life is presumably like. Any info is appreciated, and if this should be in the regional forum, then please move it.

Thanks

Make sure the .cal is on you.

Nah, jk a few of my friends who were all deficient of dark pigment moved to chi after they graduated college.

The def live in city limits and seem to be doing well.

Get out and see the world.

Make sure the .cal is on you.

Nah, jk a few of my friends who were all deficient of dark pigment moved to chi after they graduated college.

The def live in city limits and seem to be doing well.

Get out and see the world.

"Truck Driving Operation"? Righttttt...

But if you wanna save money and pay off debt why would you move to a place where the cost of living is exorbitantly higher than Rhode Island? You can't find a job back there that pays $500/week?

"Truck Driving Operation"? Righttttt...

But if you wanna save money and pay off debt why would you move to a place where the cost of living is exorbitantly higher than Rhode Island? You can't find a job back there that pays $500/week?

OP making it sound like there are zero white people in Chicago, and if there are, they are either in midst of getting murdered or about to die of their knife/gunshot wounds.
laugh.gif

OP making it sound like there are zero white people in Chicago, and if there are, they are either in midst of getting murdered or about to die of their knife/gunshot wounds.
laugh.gif

lol i go to school in chicago on the north north side but aside from the occasional triple homicide and weekly shots fired near campus it seems pretty safe
pimp.gif

as a white person i wouldn't go to the south side doe, probably not the west either

lol i go to school in chicago on the north north side but aside from the occasional triple homicide and weekly shots fired near campus it seems pretty safe
pimp.gif

as a white person i wouldn't go to the south side doe, probably not the west either

Back
Top Bottom