So is DC now Turf Country too?

lubu1

Banned
Errrybody walking around rocking diamond turf 1 and 2s, we prob repping for all turfs now

images

I guess. Everyone is rocking them but im guessing cause theyre a nice shoe thats cheap.

Its weird that people are hyped on these new ugly turf retros, but the GOAT turf shoes, Air zoom turf trainer Barry Sanders just sat

I'm from the DMV too but really it's people just hopping onto the newest retro's, we're not "Turf country."

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

Its weird that people are hyped on these new ugly turf retros, but the GOAT turf shoes, Air zoom turf trainer Barry Sanders just sat
how are da barry sanders goat when da deions dropped before? and they've always been doper.

In before someone from NY starts talkin that "Nah son, NY been on trainer, the DMV got it from us......" nonsense 
grin.gif
......just joking 
laugh.gif

But "turfs" always been popular in the DMV, plus they're at a much more affordable price point that and easy to obtain. 

Originally Posted by bootleg ed

Those Barry's we're horribly made, they didn't even move at $20 in outlets. These are waaaay better, especially the red joints. Errybody don't wear brons...

"turfs" always been popular in the DMV"

^This and that's it.
laugh.gif
Let's not start claiming @@$% though.

Word to what Ty said. That retro didn't move because it was a piece of @@$%. Plain and simple.

funny i said that the speed turf will not sit in the dmv.

we just like trainers...usually go retro.

I wish the nike did the dt max like the original

Originally Posted by dimez81

I wish that nike did the dt max like the original

Word. Nike should really consider doing these again along with the Barry Sanders joints. Words cannot describe how pissed off I was about these being slaughtered the way they were.

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

Originally Posted by dimez81

I wish that nike did the dt max like the original

Word. Nike should really consider doing these again along with the Barry Sanders joints. Words cannot describe how pissed off I was about these being slaughtered the way they were.

Iwasnt that happy either but man...im from metro detroit and barry sanders was da GAWD out here...we was broke and i couldnt buy then. I copped regardless. I understand 100% what 25-30yr old jordan fans go thru...i wouldve paid $400 for them if they were hyperstrike. I shouldve got more at 29.99 and whatnot.They are so comfortable its unspeakable.

dude must be a youngin. dc always been on shoes heavy where have you been? lls everyone do got these though its crazy but in dc everyone got everything unless its a QS.

why does a specific region always want to take credit for sneakers?
yes the dmv is the reason everyone is rocking foamposites and the dmv is also the reason everyone is wearing the new turfs. 

does it make you feel like a man?

on another note, the barrys IMO are the best turfs ever made in 97 when they dropped, those DISRESPECTFUL (Steven A Smith voice) retros that came out a few years ago were indeed "poo-poo"

no carbon fiber nike, really? not to mention they made the black colorway pleather. 
30t6p3b.gif

I've always thought DC was very similar to NY in having certain sneakers it really gravitated towards that got slept on a little bit in other parts of the country. Foams, New Balance, Nike ACGs, Turfs and other various cross-trainers with the straps loose, just stuff I noticed I saw alot in NY and DC but not so much in other parts of the country, especially back before foams became really popular. I'd see a similar style in Philly but NY and DMV seem the most closely related. I remember going to Virginia beach one summer back in 98-99 and thinking I'd never seen another city besides NY with so many Air Force 1's.

Back
Top Bottom