So is it safe to say Jeezy=Ja Rule status?

Where do some of you dudes live?
laugh.gif

NT is the only place I hear Jeezy slander.
Because most of the people on here are affluent and were in elementary school when Trap or Die dropped.  They have no clue what goes on in the real world 
laugh.gif

not even

I see Meek Millz more of a Ja Rule type career (probably going to be worse after the Cassidy beef)
laugh.gif
at Dudes still thinking Cassidy is about to drop some earth-shattering ****

What do you mean "After the cassidy beef" . . . it's done lol

Dude dropped Raid . . . it was coo . . . nobody played it back since the buzz died down . . . Cassidy still broke/irrelevant/wouldn't be able to get 200k downloads in a day on DatPiff and Meek got DC3 coming out in the spring

Who won lol

Real talk, what's good with the Rawse - Jeezy comparisons anyway. Nobody is making the type of music that Rawse fans follow him for. Yeah he makes trap songs, but I wouldn't be a fan of his if he only made trap music.

What makes Rawse different is this...

Maybach Music 1, 2, 3

Mafia Music 1 and 2

Luxury Tax

Free Mason

Cigar Music

Amsterdam

In Cold Blood

Rich Forever

Usual Suspects

Ten Jesus Pieces

etc. and not to mention his cameos where he crushes it like DIAND.

Nobody else is dropping that type of cinematic type music, and that's why Rawse is hot. Jeezy can stay hot in the streets as much he wants, but Chief Keef and Waka are hot in the streets as well. The last time Jeezy made timeless music was TM 101. Rawse makes a few songs every year that I will be bumping 10 years from now.

freddie gibbs knew what time it was , im sure jeezy is ok financially 
but his days of being a heavy hitter mainstream artist are over , he's 
yo gotti status where he's not doing bad , he's just not doing great
and can still get show money 

as for the rick ross comparison , its tough to call , their last albums
sold around the same but meek and wale both dropped and ross drops
an album and a group compilation cd every year , and jeezy's dropped
one album in 5 years.

both are however doing better than jarule  at the moment though lmao

ross as WWF as he is, was always a better boss then jeezy, thats what give movements long legs for stretches of dominance.

jeezy has yet to put anyone on successfully, that Freddie gibbs acquisition on paper looked good, but jeezy is just bad at putting anyone else on.

not even

I see Meek Millz more of a Ja Rule type career (probably going to be worse after the Cassidy beef)

:lol: at Dudes still thinking Cassidy is about to drop some earth-shattering ****​

What do you mean "After the cassidy beef" . . . it's done lol​

Dude dropped Raid . . . it was coo . . . nobody played it back since the buzz died down . . . Cassidy still broke/irrelevant/wouldn't be able to get 200k downloads in a day on DatPiff and Meek got DC3 coming out in the spring​

Who won lol​

you just going hard for millz cuz if he turns into da next ja rule, you're gonna be stuck wit that SN :lol:

Jeezy slander goes far beyond nt. I wanna kno where yall ****** live where everytime the topic of jeezy fallin off comes up all I hear is trap or die, 101, recession. U cant argue a artist falling off with material from 05/06.

not even

laugh.gif
at Dudes still thinking Cassidy is about to drop some earth-shattering ****​
What do you mean "After the cassidy beef" . . . it's done lol​
Dude dropped Raid . . . it was coo . . . nobody played it back since the buzz died down . . . Cassidy still broke/irrelevant/wouldn't be able to get 200k downloads in a day on DatPiff and Meek got DC3 coming out in the spring​
Who won lol​
you just going hard for millz cuz if he turns into da next ja rule, you're gonna be stuck wit that SN
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ross as WWF as he is, was always a better boss then jeezy, thats what give movements long legs for stretches of dominance.

jeezy has yet to put anyone on successfully, that Freddie gibbs acquisition on paper looked good, but jeezy is just bad at putting anyone else on.
yup

i actually think ross can STILL grow , i dunno how harry fraud gave these to currensy over ross

Honestly, i love Jeezy...he raised me. I was 16 with a car when trap or die dropped. Not to mention i was in Detroit, Jeezy's "2nd home", where EVERYBODYLOVES JEEZY. They shut downtown Detroit down like Barack's in town still to this day when he's in the D. Bad ******* and Dboys he bring em out. Come on now. Im not saying this on no malicious ****, but the boy time has passed. He hasnt adapted well to the new climate of rap because he hasnt expanded his skills AT ALL since 08. If Ross don't come hard on Mastermind he gone be headed down that same road. Im not saying he still not making some tracks, he just isnt hot. You can say the same for 50 cent, or plies, project pat or Ludacris. I still listen to those artists when they drop something new event hough they arent necessarily popping right, the same way i will for Jeez..but call a spade a spade.

Under what circumstance is Jeezy not hot ?

Because he damn sure is selling like he's hot...... he damn sure gets radio spins like he's hot..... He damn sure gets played in the streets like he's hot...... and he DAMN sure on everyones features like he's hot...

If jeezy ain't hot what does that make 90% of the rap game.

:lol:  chill , i like them both

you acting like ross did 100k and jeezy went plat

since 2008

CTE
the recession - 790k
thug motivation 103 - 675,000

MMG

trilla 675,000
deeper than rap 440,000
teflon don - 730,000
MMG self made vol 1 - 190,000
ambition-405,000
dreams and nightmares - 305,000
MMG self made vol 2 - 230,000
god forgives i dont-503,000

ross gave away stay schemin for free and dropped like 9 months after , dude gives away alot of free music and
drops every year all while doing featurings and dropping mixtapes , compilations etc

with jeezy you got a core fanbase that hasnt purchased his music in 4 years

theres alot of variables

My G WTF are you talking about TM 103 did what GFID has done to date.... within a month of being released.

How can you post the clear facts and then say something different after YOU posted the #'s ya'll ****** cant be this slow yall cant.

Not to mention that Jeezy has given away 5 Mixtapes since 2011 and is on EVERYONES track currently so what are we talking here?

If ya'll like ross better just say that but stop with the delusional **** :smh:

This topic isn't even up for discussion.  Jeezy has all those other dudes beat in every category and it's not even close  The internet is the only place where Ross is out.  In comparison, Ross has nothing tangible as evidence to indicate that he is above Jeezy, nothing at all.  Also, Ross isn't even allowed to walk the streets so that should tell you something.

Honestly, i love Jeezy...he raised me. I was 16 with a car when trap or die dropped. Not to mention i was in Detroit, Jeezy's "2nd home", where EVERYBODYLOVES JEEZY. They shut downtown Detroit down like Barack's in town still to this day when he's in the D. Bad ******* and Dboys he bring em out. Come on now. Im not saying this on no malicious ****, but the boy time has passed. He hasnt adapted well to the new climate of rap because he hasnt expanded his skills AT ALL since 08. If Ross don't come hard on Mastermind he gone be headed down that same road. Im not saying he still not making some tracks, he just isnt hot. You can say the same for 50 cent, or plies, project pat or Ludacris. I still listen to those artists when they drop something new event hough they arent necessarily popping right, the same way i will for Jeez..but call a spade a spade.
nerd.gif

mean.gif

This thread pretty much sums up why i don't come to the music forum much. I understand opinions, but the topic at hand is downright foolishness

I keep hearing radio spins, where u ****** from where they play young on the radio? ATL? As said before im in detroit, his "second home" and the only time i hear him on the radio is the track with neyo. Unless its some throwback ****, everytime i hop in my girl car i hear mmg and ymcmb on the radio.

I'm in NY and i hear the ***** everyday........ even if it's not his own song he's featured on someone else ****.

Once again ya'll have no basis to stand on ya'll just saying **** to say it.

I don't even entertain this JEEZY VS. ROSS, GUCCI arugment anymore its pretty simple JEEZY is a grammy nominated multiplatinum artist that has countless hit, a classic album under his belt did more for the southern rap scene than ROSS & GUCCI...Like homie said earlier go look on Datpiff everytime JEEZY drops a mixtape it has well over 250,000 downloads...So my advice to you is STOP TROLLING OP!!..LOL
Because numbers mean something in the digital era? They can easily be manipulated even on a site like DatPiff.

I don't care for Jeezy. Easily one of the most overrated artists of this generation. He has no versatility as an artist and is boring.

The bottom line is, where are Ross's "trophies" at??  For all the dudes trying to up Gucci or Ross, neither of have more "trophies" than Jeezy, none of them.  Between Ross and Jeezy, Ross's last album came out after Jeezy's album and yet with all these mysterious radio spins Ross has/gets and all this steam he is suppose to have Ross doesn't sell that good, and has little to no demand outside of the internet.  His tour just got cancelled due to lack or sales and interest.  Ross's fansbase is pretty much nonexistent, just like Manti Teo's girlfriend.  Now that I think about it, I'd say that both are one in the same.
Ross last album at 503,000. Jeezy at 675,000.
This right here tells us everything we need to know.  Ross is still steps.........major steps behind Jeezy. 

at the end of the day, jeezy fans are gonna defend jeezy but op not lying. I have no problem with jeezy dude has classics under his belt and will always be respected especially being he started that whole down south trap sound. But fact is since recession he hasnt put out anything really memorable. Back in the day a jeezy tape would drop and ****** went nuts. Every car was banging it, every fb status was a jeezy line, hell snowman tees were like white tees at one point. This last tape was talked about for a week max, hell my coworker ride or die for jeezy and dude says he wont waste a blank on it. Nobody hating on dude or taking away his "trophies" from back then, but as of january 2013 jeezy isnt half of what he was.

You only here this foolishness on NT cause most of the dudes on here didn't come of age during JEEZY & ROSS rise...Both dropped during my 1st 2 years of College & only up until they started beefing is when the foolish talk started..Before ROSS dropped "BMF" nobody was that crazy bout ROSS I mean we all liked ROSS & listened to his **** but how ya'll dudes talkin now is ridiculous...Crazy thing bout ROSS is how you have a mixtape that had over 2 million downloads & it take you damn near 5 months to go gold & Your so called Rival JEEZY goes gold in a month?? Most dudes that start this argument is dudes that live on the Internet & blogs & if thats you ROSS is a god in your world. But in the Real World as far as a Solo Career comparison its not close JEEZY blowing ROSS out the water..

Zzzzzzzz with the sales talk. Are sales indicative of quality? No the hell its not. Carter III went platinum and everyone will agree that its trash juice.

Ross is a better artist than Jeezy. Jeezy just has the sales to make people think otherwise.

you mean the guy with a certified Classic album & another album that is regarded around the same area vs the guy who hasn't changed his sound for two albums.

Or do you really wanna Bring mixtapes into account when talking Jeezy vs Ross because he's going to lose that too..... features he loses that too....... impact on rap he loses that too.

I want to stop entertaining this foolishness but i'm atleast waiting on someone to atleast have a reasonable response

or recent material? care to entertain that? Im just a fan of music bro, fan of both and im hard on young because i sort of feel like hes letting us down. U keep saying classic album/classic mixtape? Your acting like ninjahood in a dipset/gunit thread keep saying past. Lets compare post 2009 music, hence as of january 2013 ross>jeezy, will it be that way june 2013? idk but today u lose this battle

Back
Top Bottom