So is Michael the new Omar ?

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I was listening to radio late one night last week and David Simon (the creator) was talking about how season 4-5 was intended as a prequel without being an actual prequel. To show the vicious cycle. And how guys like Omar, Avon, Stringer came to be. Just kids from the hood. Vicious cycle.
ahh, so naymond was on the stringer bell tip?

best written show ever. if this was on primetime, it would have done big numbers and probably lasted for 7+ seasons.
but it still ended in a great way.
if it was primetime it wouldnt have lasted close to 5 seasons just imagine the show with no cussing how would that work it would be some fake %%@dialog

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

best written show ever. if this was on primetime, it would have done big numbers and probably lasted for 7+ seasons.

Nah, Naymond ain't on that Stringer Bell tip. If anything they setup Marlo to be the next String, showing how the suits/businessmen got to Stringer. But Marlo wasn't having none of that ##@*.

Primetime? Like network TV? The Wire wasn't built to be on network television.
Word, they wouldnt dare show Omar's bare front on Primetime
laugh.gif
, not even the killing or the breasteses.

Naymond is a punk $%%*@..One day hes smoking weed in a vacant lot talking all hard about how he got the package, next day hes crying when Michael smacks himup, then the next day hes on stage talking about Stem cell research...Ol' Judge Hatchett 'Reality Check' lookin !@%++

I feel sorry for Randy, he was all innocent, then he got beat up for being a suspected snitch, now hes pushing lil kids down the steps
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FlyNY

Word, they wouldnt dare show Omar's bare front on Primetime
laugh.gif
, not even the killing or the breasteses.

Naymond is a punk $%%*@..One day hes smoking weed in a vacant lot talking all hard about how he got the package, next day hes crying when Michael smacks him up, then the next day hes on stage talking about Stem cell research...Ol' Judge Hatchett 'Reality Check' lookin !@%++

I feel sorry for Randy, he was all innocent, then he got beat up for being a suspected snitch, now hes pushing lil kids down the steps
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
nah man, dude was just confused. He was forced into the life, like so many other brothers are. But luckily someone was there to put him on astraight path.
I wish it was more dudes in the hood who could have been outreached like that.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Nah, Naymond ain't on that Stringer Bell tip. If anything they setup Marlo to be the next String, showing how the suits/businessmen got to Stringer. But Marlo wasn't having none of that ##@*.

Primetime? Like network TV? The Wire wasn't built to be on network television.
Naymond was suppose to be like his pops, Wee Bay, but it wasn't in him. You can say Kennard was gonna be any # of characters on the show. he could have been the next avon? Next chris?
I think Kernard can possibly be the next Chris, Snoop, or Wee Bey..Most likely Snoop though, both of them are "killas"

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

so Michael is gay too??

j/k

He was molested by his pops, so most likely no
But both Him and Omar have consideration..Micharl wouldnt hurt anyone that wasnt involved, Thats why he was always asking Why

How could anyone feel sorry for Randy dude was such a snitch. I dont think Michael was gay but there was that molestation back-story so you never know

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

This has been bothering me for a minute Cheese last name was Wagstaff the same as Randy so were they blood in some type of way.
I think on the special features, they mentioned that Cheese is Randy's father. I know it's mentioned on at least an interview.

I personally would've like for The Wire to last another season or two, but great show regardless
pimp.gif

Everybody damn near snitched in some way or another... that"s what this whole show was about....Compromise.

Everybody held this set of "morals" and "codes" but in the end, they basically all ended up in situations where there was no other optionbut to compromise. It's about being pushed to the limit and not being able to take any more from the certain institution your in.

Stringer
Avon
Bodie
Randy
D'Angelo
Wallace

and dukie shooting up heroin, damn near had me in tears
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FlyNY

eyes.gif
laugh.gif
"Yo, Y'all better get this cop before I bank his %+!"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

You can't look at the Wire as a television show you have to view it as a novel. The serious made it's point and if they had kept going it would have just been repetitive and they didn't have anything fresh to bring in for a new focus.

The whole point of showing Michael as the next Omar is to show that everything is cyclical. One of these kids dies and the next day there is someone new standing in his spot.

you missed the whole point. Yes, it was about a cycle but a cycle of the characters in the show. Six degrees of separation type masterpiece that the Wire put on.

AGAIN, THE SHOW WAS CANCELED, NOT BROUGHT TO A CLOSE.
No, Simon decided to end the show. He didn't want to drag it out, and while he thought he could do another season on the influx on illegallatino immigrants to Baltimore, he didn't know enough about the issue so he decided the 5th season would be the end.

The Wire isn't some Goosbumps !+#+ where they are going to keep putting out more just to make money. It was about making a point, and that is conciselywhat they did.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I was listening to radio late one night last week and David Simon (the creator) was talking about how season 4-5 was intended as a prequel without being an actual prequel. To show the vicious cycle. And how guys like Omar, Avon, Stringer came to be. Just kids from the hood. Vicious cycle.
^ Word. I wish I could've heard that.

You can't look at the Wire as a television show you have to view it as a novel. The serious made it's point and if they had kept going it would have
just been repetitive and they didn't have anything fresh to bring in for a new focus.

The whole point of showing Michael as the next Omar is to show that everything is cyclical. One of these kids dies and the next day there is someone new
standing in his spot.

you missed the whole point. Yes, it was about a cycle but a cycle of the characters in the show. Six degrees of separation type masterpiece that the Wire put on.

no he was exactly right on. YOU apparently missed everything about the show.

Originally Posted by mco85

How could anyone feel sorry for Randy dude was such a snitch. I dont think Michael was gay but there was that molestation back-story so you never know
Ignorance FTW

Mike was the new Omar
Kenard=the new Wee-Bey

lol

his *+% talking was legendary. LOL @ him telling the cop "Put me down, b----"

Marlo was the most gangsta cat on the show.

nothing can ever top this show for me, i feel sorry for the people who have never heard of it

seeing dookie shoot up hurt my heart, but watching avon and stringer turn on each other was
smh.gif

If you guys are fans of The Wire, you should go hit up Blockbluster/Netflix for "The Corner" a six-episode mini series Simon did about the same kindof Baltimore neighborhoods. And for as much as The Wire follows some of Simon and Burns' experiences, The Corner is EXTREMELY tied to the story of a fewpeople, and you even meet them. (Ironically, one of the women portrayed in The Corner is married to the "real-life Omar", the man Omar is based on.)

Saw the Corner when it first aired. It was under appreciated in its time.

and if you really like Simon/Burns check out Generation Kill, completely different topic but same attention to detail and story.

You can't look at the Wire as a television show you have to view it as a novel. The serious made it's point and if they had kept going it would have just been repetitive and they didn't have anything fresh to bring in for a new focus.

The whole point of showing Michael as the next Omar is to show that everything is cyclical. One of these kids dies and the next day there is someone new standing in his spot.

Why are you spewing fallacies?
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom