So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Or did I miss the thread?

I for one am pretty salty because I just bought a pair of Prada eyeglasses and a Gucci watch. The watch is still with un the return policy so I've thought about returning it, but I do like it and have wanted it for a while. Still, hard to support companies that do stuff like this, gotta put your money where your mouth is I suppose because ultimately spending with your wallet does more than anything else these days.

I guess I'll get another pinky ring.

It's been discussed in other threads. I think it's their way of dropping hints that they don't want us buying their stuff.

I think Gucci despises the fact that hip hop adopted them as the 'it' brand.

Another dude disagreed with me and explained why he thinks they embraced it, but eh, i don't think so.

If so, they would've been more mindful. I try to give people/companies the benefit of the doubt because people make mistakes and coincidences do exist, but this was a little blatant. Who will walk around like that? With big red lips?

I don't know much about the prada situation but it seemed intentional too.

Edit: referring to the part post above me... Does Gucci mane change his name to guwop now?

Honestly imo Gucci is pretty much saying **** you. Black people will still purchase items there lol so does this little controversy really matter in the big scheme of things? No. Have there been other brands that blatantly said they don’t want Black people wearing/purchasing their items? Yes. But people want the prestige, the notoriety. In a couple weeks everyone will forget.

Nice to know even though u not black
U can see the racism in it
And frown upon having spent money on their product
Well yea the piece was clearly distasteful to say the least. Am I never going to wear Gucci again as a result? Probably not, but not going to rush to wear it anytime soon. Cuz even though this was a big error on their part I give em props on having dapper dan with his own collection and Gucci bespoke studio in Harlem

Wasn't this the brand that had a secret or racist code word for african shoppers?

Or was that Louie?

Either way smh.

This also makes me think about how Michael Jordan is criticized for building private prisons that are basically just modern slavery, and how messed up the whole sweat shop **** is all across the world.... companies paying people next to nothing to make clothes out of cheap materials and charge x1000 more than what it actually costs to make. I then think about all the other stuff I could have instead of a closet full of clothes...

I've read that Jordan investing in prison is a mix-up; there's an old white guy named Michael Jordan and everyone thought it was mj.

I went to the Barney's in the Palazzo in Vegas and no one spoke to me... that also usually happens when I go to smaller non chain jewelry stores.

It's cool when people save me money I guess.
Always funny when some of them sales associates ain’t even caking like that and wanna look down on other people who are potentially trying to spend thousands on **** that is worth nothing without the name. Never made sense to me but a lot of **** don’t make sense

Your typical salesperson is very ignorant and quick to size people up and try to assume if they have money or not. I have worked with people like that and thry never understand why they don't perform well at their job. I learned long ago not to judge people on their appearances because its usually the dirtiest looking country folk that drop the most $$$.

The funny thing about me though is that I look like money so they should already know, but then I have to step back and remember that I'm black, they probably think my **** fake or something. Hell I remember many years ago when I applued for a Best Buy card, ol girl kinda just passed me off when I asked about applying... other girl helped me, and when she came back she was like... "he got approved?"

Your typical salesperson is very ignorant and quick to size people up and try to assume if they have money or not. I have worked with people like that and thry never understand why they don't perform well at their job. I learned long ago not to judge people on their appearances because its usually the dirtiest looking country folk that drop the most $$$.

The funny thing about me though is that I look like money so they should already know, but then I have to step back and remember that I'm black, they probably think my **** fake or something. Hell I remember many years ago when I applued for a Best Buy card, ol girl kinda just passed me off when I asked about applying... other girl helped me, and when she came back she was like... "he got approved?"

In a different way they probably judge job applicants too. Smh.

Heard on a podcast demographically,
Asian women buy the purses
White women buy make-up
Blacks buy the clothes.

I can get used to calling him Guwop or Drop Top Wizop

I speak with my wallet. In this case it will be easy because Gucci aint really my thing. Prada damn, heard about the Moncler thing too. Overkill, man, who can keep track of all this subjugation anyway?

Racism aside, just terrible designs on the items in question.

Back
Top Bottom