So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never really wasted my money on designer brands like that.

Perfectly happy to say **** you to Gucci like I said Barney's
Is Gucci Mane gonna have to change his name?

Is Mr. Popo from DBZ racist?

Fictional character in a world that does consist of many non-humans of literally different colors, some even talking animals.

With that said those artists, animators, and Toriyama draw black ppl with some pretty racist features; namely the lips.

So maybe.

Last edited:
That's like making fun of 2 cultures
The turban and popos look.
Racism and bias are the devils work.

It’s a lot I could post on this subject since I shop heavy at Gucci . Like it sucks that I spent all that money with them and they pull this move but every high end designer got some racist under tones . But these brands own so much other stuff it’s crazy . Gucci is partnered with ysl and balenciaga , so if I buy some balenciaga I’m still supporting Gucci . Same with LV they had a whole ad in black face back in the day but they own fendi , henny , Dior and givencey so if I turn down lv and get something else I’m still supporting them . I think them getting dapper dan was dope and their partnership with Beyoncé to get water Wells was noble too but this was a huge oversight in seeing the sweater hit production . I just find it real funny ti is the one that’s hot about the whole thing he should of known years ago that they don’t rock with the urban community . They put out a cease and desist for his Gucci rag video and instead of him coming to the conclusion that they don’t rock with him / us he stills go out and buys more Gucci .

I know this though I’m tired of the cancelling culture because people are protesting out of convenience most of the time and moving on to the next thing to be mad about . If we cancelling Gucci for black face , it’s a lot of other things to add with it , dbz , Looney tunes , Disney , the football team in Washington DC for my native brothers , list goes on and on .
83BE3F36-B91F-4D0D-A0FD-04FC96335F10.png

Sound like some explaining bout to happen in a few days though . Probally a donation and another apology then back to buisness .

752F2D09-024A-4DB5-8EE7-B6C0A2B97663.jpeg
010971FD-1C01-41F7-8CC4-0490927E6AED.jpeg
D81E5816-361F-48D5-8055-4B478F0A5E10.png

I don't have to really worry about spending on Gucci and even other designers because the salespeople won't even speak to me or look in my direction most of the time in the local designer stores. As many of you have said, they save me money because I won't really spend my money like that with places that won't speak to me. It's hard as heck to buy something from these stores because I can't get a salesperson to get it for me. I ain't trying to stand around for 15 minutes holding a shoe in my hand looking for a salesperson. I ain't got time for that.

I remember when I went on vacation in Cancun and went in the LV store, they offered me a glass of champagne, which I thought was cool, but I turned it down. I know that they act different out there because they know you already got money to travel so they know you got money to spend as well.

Yeah i went to a Louis Vuitton in Hawaii and they were very friendly. There was a nice suitcase that i asked about that was $35k :smh:

I don't have the money to buy these brands and i honestly don't know if i would if my situation was to change.

I swear Gucci outright did what Tommy Hilfiger lowkey wanted to do for years...discourage black culture from being attracted to their clothing.
They never wanted that image for their brand...

They knew what they were doing.

They know there is a LARGE contingent of black folks that make ENOUGH money to be in the, "They ain't talking about me" crowd that will easily forgive them and continue to support.

It is what it is man.

Life goes on.

They knew what they were doing.

They know there is a LARGE contingent of black folks that make ENOUGH money to be in the, "They ain't talking about me" crowd that will easily forgive them and continue to support.

It is what it is man.

Life goes on.

All these buyers are clowns...they already took ya money and used it to empower more white European supremacy....
probably lobbying money in support of even more political support that instills destruction and oppression of non white 3rd world countries for more resource exploitation
These rappers are a joke....

Last edited:
I honestly doubt they intended these pieces to be racist, but they were definitely done in poor taste.

It further rectifies the saying that more people of color should be incorporated into these teams, so stuff like this gets properly filtered out/altered in a more respectful way.

What kinda erks me is this all of a sudden "They're against blacks" hearsay/rumors. Unless there's any real evidence for those claims, stop making em.

Please don't tell me you believe that old 90s rumor about Tommy not liking black people wearing his clothes.

Please don't tell me you take anything on an Oprah show seriously and you don't believe they probably have the same execs and its very easy for these folks to backtrack and rewash any of their foul intent...
gucci-mane-breakfast-club-gif.gif

Please don't tell me you take anything on an Oprah show seriously and you don't believe they probably have the same execs and its very easy for these folks to backtrack and rewash any of their foul intent...
gucci-mane-breakfast-club-gif.gif

The whole Crux of the rumor was that Tommy went on the Oprah show and said something to the effect of "if I knew black people were going to buy my clothes, I wouldn't have made them so nice". Obviously we learn from this video that he had never been on the Oprah show so that kind of blows up the rumor.

Also, if he had been on the show before we'd be able to find some footage or someone in the studio audience of hundreds would have come out and said "hey, I was there". Also, what incentive does Oprah have to lie in order to help Tommy Hilfiger?

Is this rumor such an ingrained part of your life you can't let it go?:lol:

So, what do you think their intent want?

To make a stylish balaclava mask sweater.

Designers mostly likely saw too things:
1) its a nice balaclava mask sweater design
2) it has a simple lips design

The next thing that probably immediately thought was the lips have to be red, because, that what lips are.
The main base color of black is probably already decided.
If you look at their lineup you'll see the same colors being repeated throughout.

Again, its definitely in poor taste, and most likely due to lack of diversity.

To make a stylish balaclava mask sweater.

Designers mostly likely saw too things:
1) its a nice balaclava mask sweater design
2) it has a simple lips design

The next thing that probably immediately thought was the lips have to be red, because, that what lips are.
The main base color of black is probably already decided.
If you look at their lineup you'll see the same colors being repeated throughout.

Again, its definitely in poor taste, and most likely due to lack of diversity.

How long have you been a homeowner here??
interior_national_monuments_69714_c0-40-3600-2138_s885x516-2.jpg

How long have you been a homeowner here??
interior_national_monuments_69714_c0-40-3600-2138_s885x516-2.jpg

Seriously though, if you've worked with a designer before, its very easily to think how these things get passed.

Not saying they deserve a pass. But a lot of people are making it deeper than it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom