So... No One Is Gonna Talk About the Gucci/Prada Blackface Thing?

Is naughtyhare a cheapskate?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pilgrims faced religious persecution also, while arriving here.

Spanish and Arab people unfortunately put some Africans in chains too.

Irish people were looked down upon by the English, some of them became slaves or servants.

There were great conflicts between Japanese, Chinese and Korean people at some time, some torturing and enslaving the other.

It's not just a black and white thing. It's a negative mentality for any race or gender.

Sone Women become feminists and they want as much equality as a man, however they recognize they have feminine rights to their body and they don't want to be property. They don't need harassment or obscenity from the opposite sex. It's not relative to racism imo.

Pilgrims faced religious persecution also, while arriving here.

Spanish and Arabs unfortunately put some Africans in chains too.

Irish people were looked down upon by the English, some of them became slaves or servants.

There were great conflicts between Japnese Chinese and Koreans at some time, some torturing and enslaving the other.

It's not just a black and white thing. It's a negative mentality for any race or gender.

Sone Women become feminists and they want as much equality as a man, however they recognize they have feminine rights to their body and they don't want to be property. They don't need harassment or obscenity from the opposite sex. It's not relative to racism imo.

Bro, what you said was clearly racist. Black people can be racist towards white people, black people, or anyone else. You act like all white folks are white supremacists, you know there are white people that fought for civil rights too, right?

You shouldn’t even waste your time. He’s just seeking independence (away:rolleyes?) from White influence. To live in a world without interference from white thought and white approval. My man has gone full on conspiracy brother. Hell he’s probably angry every time he sees “White” Castle restaurants.

I can’t wrap my mind around the Black Panther MOVIE reference. Anybody...?

When you encounter people spewing this type of garbage (whether online or on a street corner with a bullhorn) it’s best to just move on. If logic, reason, or intelligence had any effect on dude he wouldn’t be saying this dumb *** ****.

I rock rep Ray-Ban clubmasters from China :lol:

I learned that all those sunglass companies get their stuff from the same factory. They just stamp their brand names on a style and resell it to people for 100xs of dollars. I personally dont "care" about these "luxury" brands cuz it really just boils down ascribing to a name but you're paying a premium to rock that. Id personally rather keep **** simple and quality with little to no branding. I rock Nike and Adidas clothing sometimes and shoes all the time. But those are just affordable sport brands.

You shouldn’t even waste your time. He’s just seeking independence (away:rolleyes?) from White influence. To live in a world without interference from white thought and white approval. My man has gone full on conspiracy brother. Hell he’s probably angry every time he sees “White” Castle restaurants.

I can’t wrap my mind around the Black Panther MOVIE reference. Anybody...?

When you encounter people spewing this type of garbage (whether online or on a street corner with a bullhorn) it’s best to just move on. If logic, reason, or intelligence had any effect on dude he wouldn’t be saying this dumb *** ****.
lol

Maybe one day black people will wake up and realize we can bring about real change with our purchasing power

I saw a youtube clip recently that showed Future spend 70k on luxury clothing. These rappers and Floyd one in the same. WASTE.

I don't know or care who wrote this but it is 100% on point. These rappers have done more harm towards the black community than a sweater ever could.
Ehhh that comment on ig was so broad and general that it was worthless. “Everyone” “nobody” “they all”, like where are these facts coming from? People don’t have to constantly say something to still take a stand. Floyd’s comment was just as general and went the extra mile to throw in some whataboutisms. Take YOUR stand, state YOUR opinion and then OWN it. People out here talking in 3rd person all the time.

See this on NT all the time with the fakers. Like on the R Kelly thread I’ve asked multiple times for people to stand up and say that THEY ride with r Kelly. All I get is some half assed “people can....... blah blah blah”. Own your stance

Happens on all the race related threads too with the usual suspects. Lots of ***** made in the comments and nobody to claim them

Ehhh that comment on ig was so broad and general that it was worthless. “Everyone” “nobody” “they all”, like where are these facts coming from? People don’t have to constantly say something to still take a stand. Floyd’s comment was just as general and went the extra mile to throw in some whataboutisms. Take YOUR stand, state YOUR opinion and then OWN it. People out here talking in 3rd person all the time.

See this on NT all the time with the fakers. Like on the R Kelly thread I’ve asked multiple times for people to stand up and say that THEY ride with r Kelly. All I get is some half assed “people can....... blah blah blah”. Own your stance

Happens on all the race related threads too with the usual suspects. Lots of ***** made in the comments and nobody to claim them

We just see it differently then. I know exactly who he's talking about with the music reference and the deadbeat dad references and i agree.

this is a semi hot topic right now..itll be dead in another 2 weeks & dudes in our black community will go back to rocking it heavy as well as other foreign designers to try to floss how much money they have( or try to make people think they have)..it will definitely be another brand to do this act or say something along the racial line & then fake apologize when people have public outcry then it will also be swept under the rug a few weeks later & back to business.

If you don’t trust all of an entire race of people due to race and no other reason that’s racism.

Except, that's not what he did:

So now you have an idiot in the white house pushing a wall. Gucci is calling you the Nword, and is anyone surprised?

These are actions, not mere states of being.

It wasn't a year ago that there was a bunch of incidents involving White folks calling the police on random Black people for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (according to the callers), like waiting for the bus in front of someone's apartment building, BBQing at the park, swimming in a public pool, walking, selling lemonade, etc...

Anyone who is aware of the history of racial relations in the US, the one-way violence that came with it, and the way race permeates every major area of the public discourse would be doing mental cartwheels to not see where that distrust from Black folks might come from.

Except, that's not what he did:

These are actions, not mere states of being.

It wasn't a year ago that there was a bunch of incidents involving White folks calling the police on random Black people for being in the wrong place at the wrong time (according to the callers), like waiting for the bus in front of someone's apartment building, BBQing at the park, swimming in a public pool, walking, selling lemonade, etc...

Anyone who is aware of the history of racial relations in the US, the one-way violence that came with it, and the way race permeates every major area of the public discourse would be doing mental cartwheels to not see where that distrust from Black folks might come from.
Yes he did, read the last sentence.

Yes he did, read the last sentence.
I read it, and I read the sentence before that, where he pointed out actions that led him to that conclusion. And in my opinion, he didn't even scratch the tip of the iceberg.

The thing is, before 2008, actions of open disrespect towards black people would often fall under the banner of plausible deniability, and people could get away with arguing that maybe the frequency of media coverage of such acts was higher than their occurrence.

These days though? Even some left-leaning white folks don't think dressing in Blackface is an issue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...-of-americans-oppose-blackface/?noredirect=on

Poll: Only 58 percent of Americans oppose blackface

63 million Americans voted for Trump, and he won the White vote accross income and gender categories, despite the fact that he was very open about his xenophobia. That's roughly 25% of the eligible voters and 20% of all Americans. 1 in 5 Americans and 1 in 4 American voters weren't bothered enough by his rhetoric to not vote for him. What's worse is, 1 in 2 American voters didn't even bother voting in light of all that stuff Trump was saying and all the people he was surrounding himself with.

Folks prove their indifference by not even doing the minimum that is asked of them, and then turn around and complain that others don't find them trustworthy. :smh:

Glad to say I'm not a slave to designer.. The only stuff I pick up from these type of companies are the colognes/perfumes/lotions that end up at places like Walmart & TJ Maxx.

Will also say that these "boycotts" have made me step up my support for black owned businesses. Almost everything I use on a daily basis comes from black owned companies now.

I read it, and I read the sentence before that, where he pointed out actions that led him to that conclusion. And in my opinion, he didn't even scratch the tip of the iceberg.

The thing is, before 2008, actions of open disrespect towards black people would often fall under the banner of plausible deniability, and people could get away with arguing that maybe the frequency of media coverage of such acts was higher than their occurrence.

These days though? Even some left-leaning white folks don't think dressing in Blackface is an issue:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amph...-of-americans-oppose-blackface/?noredirect=on

Poll: Only 58 percent of Americans oppose blackface

63 million Americans voted for Trump, and he won the White vote accross income and gender categories, despite the fact that he was very open about his xenophobia. That's roughly 25% of the eligible voters and 20% of all Americans. 1 in 5 Americans and 1 in 4 American voters weren't bothered enough by his rhetoric to not vote for him. What's worse is, 1 in 2 American voters didn't even bother voting in light of all that stuff Trump was saying and all the people he was surrounding himself with.

Folks prove their indifference by not even doing the minimum that is asked of them, and then turn around and complain that others don't find them trustworthy. :smh:
Nah

I watch whites who try and claim victimization in the sight of Black independence. They fear lacking influence over what Black people think. Their biggest fear is retribution, their having to pay for the sins of not only their ancestors, but the unforgivable sin of their own ignorance. Living with White privilege does tend to make whites feel sheltered from their own baggage. That is why when a topic like this and then the discussion of a boycott arises, they are insulted when you do not consult them on how Black people should handle their own affairs. Even worse yet for whites is when Black people, do not give a damn about how white people feel about anything. That is what you are witnessing from one individual and the others, draping themselves in such victim hood.

They need to be liked and to feel accepted, it is a part of that privilege that they love to deny that they live with.

I posted this in another thread, and it shows how white people actually think, the lengths they would go to shelter themselves from retribution. They knew that what was done was wrong, and they still do,
In colonial times, Northern freemen, like slaves, were required to carry passes when traveling in some places, and they were forbidden to own property in others. Although taxed in New England, they could not vote there in early colonial times, though they could in the plantation colonies.[2] Free blacks were required to work on roads a certain number of days a year in Massachusetts, at the discretion of the local selectmen. They could only use ferries under certain conditions in New England. In South Kingstown, Rhode Island, they could not own horses or sheep. In Boston, they could not carry a cane unless they were unable to walk without one.

http://slavenorth.com/exclusion.htm

The second exclusion law was enacted by the Territorial Legislature on September 21, 1849. This law specified that “it shall not be lawful for any negro or mulatto to enter into, or reside” in Oregon, with exceptions made for those who were already in the territory. The law targeted African American seamen who might be tempted to jump ship. The preamble to the law addressed a concern that African Americans might “intermix with Indians, instilling into their minds feelings of hostility toward the white race.'' The law was rescinded in 1854.

https://oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/exclusion_laws/#.XGnetOhKjIU

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom