So now Carmelo Anthony isn't top 5 in the league?

Melo has one of the worst attitudes, most negative impact on his teammates (in term of his actual game on the floor) of any star in the league...  Period.  His stats hugely overrate him.  He's like the ultimate 1v1 player.

If he becomes more of a playmaker for his teammates and does things other than just scoring than he's gotta chance to be top 5 this year. I saw some good things in that preseason game against the Nets that I never saw him do before.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by CAto312

Let him be...his eyes are the ultimate judge

His "clutchness" has won him games...literally. what are you talking bout my dude?

And his laziness has lost him games. Goes both ways.
Kevin Durant's non clutchness and passive attitude got him eliminated by the Mavs

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

His "clutchness" has won him games...literally. what are you talking bout my dude?

Kevin Durant's non clutchness and passive attitude got him eliminated by the Mavs

Carmelo Anthony's amazing offensive arsenal got him swept in the first round. You were saying?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

D-Will is NOT better than Melo.

No way on Earth.

and neither is cp3

i think people have sorta just forgotten about melo because of his situation with the knicks and how they were still figuring things out in their first year together, the same way people will forget about dwill unless he gets dwight

the durant > melo talk probably has more to do with kd's more recent playoff success and thats understandable but it wasnt that long ago that melo was playing in the western conf finals too

I heard the referees are removing the play where Durant stick his arm in to draw a foul. That will drop him to a top 30 player.

Carmelo Anthony's amazing offensive arsenal got him swept in the first round. You were saying?

Russel Westbrook > Kevin Durant.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

If he becomes more of a playmaker for his teammates and does things other than just scoring than he's gotta chance to be top 5 this year. I saw some good things in that preseason game against the Nets that I never saw him do before.

Wait...but, that sound just like Durant too.

I'd love to see the Knicks win with Melo right now, but I am very skeptical.
Look at the chemistry and attitude of that Thunder team.  Look at what Durant said about Westbrook when the media was getting on him for taking too many shots and supposedly saying he was "better than Durant" (said Westbrook was his man and he was tired of people trying to break up their team).  

Now look at how the Nuggets reacted when Melo got traded.  Silence, not a tear shed (Karl could hardly contain himself, and the team had one of the best runs it's had in years).  Look at what Melo tweeted when the Knicks drafted Shumpert...  The guy is an anti-leader.  It's a good thing we have Amare.

the level of disrespect in here thread is abysmal
30t6p3b.gif

game on line, Melo>>> (Excluding that Celtic playoff series
30t6p3b.gif
)

Isolation, Melo>>>

my only problem with him is that he's chubby as #$%@

Any two of Kevin Durant's 2011 NBA playoff games > Carmelo's 15-point, 30% shooting games 1 and 3.

I heard the referees are removing the play where Durant stick his arm in to draw a foul.

He'll still score more points than Carmelo. And be more efficient doing so.

indifferent.gif

You have no basketball knowledge.

Good luck with your Knicks. Hopefully they make it out the 1st round to get murked by my Bulls.

I don't think there should be any question that Melo is a better offensive player. I think any good defender in the league would agree that its much tougher to stop Melo than Durant. 
And saying Durant is a better defender than Melo isn't saying much. Durant just TRIES on defense.

Durant is not great at getting open either which is why Westbrook has such a hard time giving him the ball.

They are very close.

Pretty sure the thing that pisses people off is when you hear that Durant is keeps and bounds better than melo. it just isn't true.

This is a huge year for melo. I just wish it wasn't A compacted season because we need time to build chemistry.

People need to stop bringing up the playoffs as some truth. Chauncey and amare were injured for the majority of the series. Plus the celts got some ridiculously bad calls in game one and two.

Refs need to show melo more respect too. But since melo don't act like a humble good ol boy it ain't happening

Originally Posted by 10027

I'd love to see the Knicks win with Melo right now, but I am very skeptical.
Look at the chemistry and attitude of that Thunder team.  Look at what Durant said about Westbrook when the media was getting on him for taking too many shots and supposedly saying he was "better than Durant" (said Westbrook was his man and he was tired of people trying to break up their team).  

Now look at how the Nuggets reacted when Melo got traded.  Silence, not a tear shed (Karl could hardly contain himself, and the team had one of the best runs it's had in years).  Look at what Melo tweeted when the Knicks drafted Shumpert...  The guy is an anti-leader.  It's a good thing we have Amare.

Russel Westbrook has Kevin Durant by the balls he does what ever he wants to and the "leader" of the team can't stop it. Last postseason when Russel was getting scrutinized for "shooting too much" Durant as a leader and the #1 guy on the team should have took over put his foot down instead of that in crucial playoff games he told Russel numerous times to "keep on shooting" and "take over". Even though he was taking bad shots while Durant just camped at the 3 point line because his jumper wasn't falling. That in my opinion is throwing him under the bus knowing he's getting heavily scrutinized you tell him to keep chucking so you can protect your image and project the blame on him ? That $#@! is corny b

Originally Posted by DubA169

Pretty sure the thing that pisses people off is when you hear that Durant is keeps and bounds better than melo. it just isn't true.
Exactly.

People need to stop bringing up the playoffs as some truth. Chauncey and amare were injured for the majority of the series. Plus the celts got some ridiculously bad calls in game one and two.

Carmelo was 9 of 34 (26%) combined in games 1 and 3. Those damn refs and bad calls!

Carmelo was 9 of 34 (26%) combined in games 1 and 3. Those damn refs and bad calls!

I like how you ignore the 42 and 17 playing with nobody in game 2. Your transparent 

Originally Posted by RetroSan

the level of disrespect in here thread is abysmal
30t6p3b.gif

game on line, Melo>>> (Excluding that Celtic playoff series
30t6p3b.gif
)

Isolation, Melo>>>

my only problem with him is that he's chubby as #$%@
i couldn't agree more.
and to my fellow knicks fan who are hating on this thread, relax. not that serious, it's a discussion. 

They called one of the worst offensive fouls Ive seen. Paul pierce draped over melo Knicks up 1. Garbage. With that bad night we still should have won.

Celtics have a much better defense than any team Durant face in the playoffs

They are very close.

This is a huge year for melo. I just wish it wasn't A compacted season because we need time to build chemistry.

Refs need to show melo more respect too. But since melo don't act like a humble good ol boy it ain't happening

Who in here has said that though?
Melo gets 8 FTA a game. How much respect do you want? 

If Knicks/Melo fans weren't in here being so sensitive (one in particular) they'd notice it's only been said Durant is better. Not leaps and bounds better. Just better. Considering age, its not some travesty that Durant will continue to be better.

I like how you ignore the 42 and 17 playing with nobody in game 2. Your transparent 

Good thing he decides when to turn it on! Nothing like a 42 point outburst sandwiched between two turds. Take the homer goggles off.

what about the 3 of 14 (21%) that Durant shot in a possible close out game?
what about Durant shooting a combined 0-13 from downtown in Games 2 and 3 in the WCF?

Back
Top Bottom