So NT... my MANAGER calls me the N-word at work last night.

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

get a recorder, put it in your pocket, go up to him and bring up the incident. if he speaks on it, you have your evidence.
$$$$$$$$$
this.  AND go back and talk to his supervisor again.  ask him for an update...and record that conversation as well. 

get a recorder, put it in your pocket, go up to him and bring up the incident. if he speaks on it, you have your evidence.
$$$$$$$$$
this.  AND go back and talk to his supervisor again.  ask him for an update...and record that conversation as well. 

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by xanadu one

CORPORATE.

This is when your writing skill set is so important.
Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

The only way to fight this type of thing is through documentation, and letters. 

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

My dad is a lawer, and he told me to do the same thing.
Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

*possible tales of ducks?

Wow you dedicated a whole damn paragraph because I left ONE letter out of a word.

Your cool, guy

CORPORATE.

Document the time, the circumstance, and exactly what was said by both you and your manager.  Make copies and file it away at home.

Write an formal letter of complaint to corporate supported by all of your documentation, and include any witnesses including the supervisor.
List the times that the racial slur was used, and what part of the store this took place.  Be sure to include the store number as well.

Continue to go to work with a positive attitude like nothing happened, and watch the letter and documentation run it's course.

It may take a while, but I can assure you that someone is going to be out of a job before the franchise risks a civil rights lawsuit.

Hold up. You're dad is a, what? A lawer? Cool, well if your dad is a lawyer, why you asking NT to cite civil-discrimination case settlements?

In fact, if your dad is a "lawer" why are you running to NT with this, why not have your dad refer you to one of his colleagues who specializes in these matters?

Wow you dedicated a whole damn paragraph because I left ONE letter out of a word.

Your cool, guy

CORPORATE.

Your cool, guy

CORPORATE.

Your cool, guy

So I'm on break right now...

I walk up to him and say "I didn't appreciate the way you were speaking to me last night"...

and his *#@ took the bait.. I got him cursing at me again, and it's recorded.

I walk up to him and say "I didn't appreciate the way you were speaking to me last night"...

Whether you get money or not, you should report it. If I was in your shoes, it wouldn't be about the money, it's about self-respect. 

Whether you get money or not, you should report it. If I was in your shoes, it wouldn't be about the money, it's about self-respect. 

upload it!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

upload it!!!
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I'm not saying this is what YOU should do... But this is what COULD happen... If u crazy.

I'm not saying this is what YOU should do... But this is what COULD happen... If u crazy.

$$$$$$$$$

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

get your lawyer ready.

time to get paid.

$$$$$$$$$

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

get your lawyer ready.

time to get paid.

SdotRusherz wrote:

Your cool, guy

terrible comeback and you MISSED HIS POINT.

although he took the time to point out your terrible spelling and grammar, he was making a point of asking why you would come ask a buncha teenagers on NT about a potential LEGAL matter when your pops is an attorney himself.  If he practices in a completely different sector of law (and therefore cannot answer your question), at the very least he would be able to refer you to one of his colleagues who might be familiar with workplace discrimination lawsuits.

Back
Top Bottom