So Plantation Weddings Are a Thing...

They are actually pretty common in the south.

Generally black people don’t do them. But I do know one interracial couple that had one.

I've seen pics of plantation weddings. Never would I have one there.

Would love a thread on just how much of a rip off the entire wedding industry is.

Proposed last year and strongly considering having a small initmate event while Covid is still popping. **** will save me at least 20-30k.
Destination wedding >

never will I send that much money on a single day.

I aint african american but if i was in this perdicament, i would only get married on that land if i ended up owning it.

but its still weird.
My family owns the land where our ancestors were held captive. My family took it by force, it is documented in the library of congress, as a member of such shows at our reunion every year. It has been held for over 100 years now. No weddings are held there, as we have burial grounds there, those of which we hold sacred.
My wife and I originally went to the court house to get married, but before covid hit, we were to travel to Guinea to renew those vows, where my ancestry originates. My wife is originally from Chad.

After this thing is over, we plan to continue our original plans.

The plantation was never a thought in our minds.

I wouldn't even take a smiling photo in front of a plantation. I look at those places in the same light as a Nazi concentration camp.

I'm baffled how that's not AT LEAST the same.

trafficking, slavery, rape, erasure, you name it.

yes, millions of Jewish people died in death camps...but thanks to plantations, centuries of African descendants never actually lived.

**** plantation weddings, plantations, and all who participate in or profit from same.

forever.

They are actually pretty common in the south.

Generally black people don’t do them. But I do know one interracial couple that had one.
What’s worse...Having a plantation wedding or supporting the maga trump movement in two elections?

Back
Top Bottom