SoCal Food/Grub Thread

Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

anyone know a good sandwich place in Long Beach?
Foggia Deli in that strip mall where Friar Tuxedos is, off of Del Amo and Bellflower
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Angelos Deli on 2nd street and La Verne

I know a lot of old co-workers like to hit up MVP grill off of Stearns just west of Bellflower, I myself haven't tried it.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Foggia Deli in that strip mall where Friar Tuxedos is, off of Del Amo and Bellflower
Hate to take your suggestion off the sandwich topic, but this same spot where Genkiyaki is located...  Home of the Ninja Fries!

vsevsp.jpg

8xsn0h.jpg

Originally Posted by JJC6723

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

yelp ain't helping, you guise know of any poutine spots ?
dang man, I never even thought of looking for poutine in Cali
laugh.gif
I searched this place awhile back on yelp its called Soleil in LA. They appear to have the OG poutine and these different creations.
l.jpg
Thanks man, that looks pretty good
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by nyckone

seafood fans, try bearflag in newport beach. fish burrito is so dang good.

pimp.gif
this guy knows; Bearflag is so damn good! Their fish tacos are also amazing!

Originally Posted by 951guero

Originally Posted by nyckone

seafood fans, try bearflag in newport beach. fish burrito is so dang good.
pimp.gif
this guy knows; Bearflag is so damn good! Their fish tacos are also amazing!
Welp.  Heading to Newport/Balboa Beach on Monday.  And after showing some pictures to wifey (via Yelp), we're heading to this spot now.
laugh.gif

Any of you try their Poke?  She was ALL-IN after hearing they had Poke.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Any other spots in the area to try?

Btw...  Pomona heads.

What's good with this Donahoo's spot?  School me.
I haven't been there in awhile but the chicken was crunchy, good flavor, and moist. The fries were watever to me nothing special. It's cheap though compared to other fried chicken joints. Service is always quick also. Me personally I wouldn't drive out my way for it, but if you were in the area its worth a try.

Last edited:
Anyone hear about the LA Street Food Fest at the Rose Bowl this weekend?
The only thing intriguing about this is the "Tequila Tasting". But for $45 a person, I'm assuming it's all you can eat once you get in right? Or do you still have to pay for the actual food? Cause if that's the case, I'm not dealing with the lines and crowd. I'm good.

Btw...  Pomona heads.

What's good with this Donahoo's spot?  School me.
I haven't been there in awhile but the chicken was crunchy, good flavor, and moist. The fries were watever to me nothing special. It's cheap though compared to other fried chicken joints. Service is always quick also. Me personally I wouldn't drive out my way for it, but if you were in the area its worth a try.
Thanks. I'm in Corona, so it's not TOO far... but I wouldn't mind trying it out once.

The only thing intriguing about this is the "Tequila Tasting". But for $45 a person, I'm assuming it's all you can eat once you get in right? Or do you still have to pay for the actual food? Cause if that's the case, I'm not dealing with the lines and crowd. I'm good.

General info
http://lastreetfoodfest.com/info/

Vendor list
http://lastreetfoodfest.com/the-participants-2/

Yeah, it is all you can eat or drink. Vendors will be serving samples of their signature dishes but with ~100 booths and 5000+ people in attendance there will be lines at pretty much every booth, I'm guessing. VIP tickets are $65 which grant access an hour and a half before general admission is let in. Its supposed to be line free during that time.

Thanks. I'm in Corona, so it's not TOO far... but I wouldn't mind trying it out once.
I saw on yelp that they actually opened a location in Ontario now.

I gotta hit up Lucky Boy before I leave.
You from Pasadena rice boy?
Check out Cafe Cola
Sliders Cheesesteaks and Zombie Fries.
All freshly cooked.
Highest rated on Yelp in Socal
http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-cola-azusa
Man i've been wanting to try that place. Place looks crazy. Hows the wait though?

Last edited:
I saw on yelp that they actually opened a location in Ontario now.
Man i've been wanting to try that place. Place looks crazy. Hows the wait though?

Depends if it's busy, could take up to 20-30 minutes if there are 2 or 3 orders in front of you, but it's worth the wait.
You can also call in, but the place is chill. Owner asks for feedback.
Free refills with actual cans of soda not a fountain drink.

Their fries are cut potatos with lawry's seasoned salt, zombie fries you can put as much toppings as possible, bacon cheese grilled onions sriracha bbq sauce.

I believe they also use Portos Bread for the burgers and cheesesteak so its a sweet bread with savory meat (pause)

Back
Top Bottom