** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Originally Posted by DrewDioxin

I was under the impression Man U was unveiling the new kit at Wembley, But apparently Barca gets to wear there home? Meh, I like the CL aways though. gives me an excuse to really buy one now lol.

hmmm i'd bet against nike unveiling the new kits in such a big fixture, although you would have a couple billion people looking at the new kit and saying "i need that!" (if they did it for the blackpool match i wouldn't be shocked).... UEFA lists the final as 'barcelona v man united', so the unis should be identical to the 2009 final (barcelona in their home strip, united in the white top and white shorts).

the new barca jersey has been on ebay forever, but the name/number font isn't out yet, so i've held off on buying it. i hated the mint away kit at the start of the season, but i've grown to love it - especially with the mint shorts that they wore at levante when they clinched la liga.... i need those shorts!

c0b36d716c544b2c13599bf721bcd3da9a843b44_r.jpg

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

But how is it tasteless? I don't get it I swear sometimes people get on these clubs and corporations for no reason at all.
I think that you should wear one shirt for the whole season. Maybe tasteless isn't the right word. I just find it to be such a corporate move to make, plus I'm a bit superstitious about sticking with something when you're on a roll.

Honestly, I've always thought switching kits every single year is a bit much. I wish they would stick with them for at least four or five years. I understand that there's money to be made, but the purist in me dislikes the sponsors and frequent kit changes.

But how is it tasteless? I don't get it I swear sometimes people get on these clubs and corporations for no reason at all.
I think that you should wear one shirt for the whole season. Maybe tasteless isn't the right word. I just find it to be such a corporate move to make, plus I'm a bit superstitious about sticking with something when you're on a roll.

Honestly, I've always thought switching kits every single year is a bit much. I wish they would stick with them for at least four or five years. I understand that there's money to be made, but the purist in me dislikes the sponsors and frequent kit changes.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

that's my take on it as well.... kits are listed as being for the "2010/11 season", for example. i should be able to expect that when i pay >$80 for a shirt, the club should honor my support and use the kit for that entire season. like onlyfootball, i wish that they'd at least keep their home strips for a couple of years, and instead maybe introduce new away/third kits every season.

however, i fear that it's going in the opposite direction. we all know that teams will use different name/numbering fonts and patches for different competitions (man city's font for the FA cup final was terrible!). this season, spurs had an entirely different shirt sponsor in the champions league (investec) then they did in the premier league (autonomy).

man city's FA cup shirt font....
242364836b3e435319c692762dbfd75778387366_r.jpg

that's my take on it as well.... kits are listed as being for the "2010/11 season", for example. i should be able to expect that when i pay >$80 for a shirt, the club should honor my support and use the kit for that entire season. like onlyfootball, i wish that they'd at least keep their home strips for a couple of years, and instead maybe introduce new away/third kits every season.

however, i fear that it's going in the opposite direction. we all know that teams will use different name/numbering fonts and patches for different competitions (man city's font for the FA cup final was terrible!). this season, spurs had an entirely different shirt sponsor in the champions league (investec) then they did in the premier league (autonomy).

man city's FA cup shirt font....
242364836b3e435319c692762dbfd75778387366_r.jpg

Really liking the new pred's

I was on the fence about maybe picking up adipure SL's but i might wait. I want to see a white based colorway of the new preds before i do anything. I don't really like either of the launch colorways.

But i love what adidas is doing. I never thought id see the day when i would say 200 isn't rape prices but thank you for making the price reasonable. Unlike nike at times. 7.8 ounces isn't that bad gonna be a big difference from my adizero 1s though lol.

I was on the fence about maybe picking up adipure SL's but i might wait. I want to see a white based colorway of the new preds before i do anything. I don't really like either of the launch colorways.

But i love what adidas is doing. I never thought id see the day when i would say 200 isn't rape prices but thank you for making the price reasonable. Unlike nike at times. 7.8 ounces isn't that bad gonna be a big difference from my adizero 1s though lol.

Picture of Iniesta in the full kit with the upcoming Maestri colorway on foot.
Barca_5F00_Home_5F00_Iniesta.jpg

Here you can see Puyol in a yellow shirt. I'm thinking it's the new away kit, not yet officially unveiled.
Barca_5F00_Home_5F00_Tech1.jpg

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Here's one white-based colorway that I've seen leaked images of before:
cbticfwewkkgrhqqokneez2.jpeg

Here you can see Puyol in a yellow shirt. I'm thinking it's the new away kit, not yet officially unveiled.
Barca_5F00_Home_5F00_Tech1.jpg

It sucks they won't unveil the new kits at the CL. They have before if I recall. Cest La Vie I guess, I'll be content with the trophy haha.

It sucks they won't unveil the new kits at the CL. They have before if I recall. Cest La Vie I guess, I'll be content with the trophy haha.

New Maestri colorway is copped. Wish they were jet black instead of that pewter grey color but I'll live.

New Maestri colorway is copped. Wish they were jet black instead of that pewter grey color but I'll live.

i think the most troubling thing about that picture is the ball.... that better not be the successor to the tracer (which is a GREAT ball btw, almost geo merlin status) for next season. flames? really?

i think the most troubling thing about that picture is the ball.... that better not be the successor to the tracer (which is a GREAT ball btw, almost geo merlin status) for next season. flames? really?

^I think/hope that the ball they're using is just a generic ball with a Barcelona-specific design on it. If you look at the pictures from the Arsenal kit unveiling, you can see that all the promo shots have them using an Arsenal ball, and not the Tracer or any other sort of official ball.
arsenal-125th-anniversary-home-kit-van-persie.jpg

Another unusual thing about Nike's promo pictures for this year is that they're allowing non-Nike sponsored players to have their cleats visible, as evidenced by van Persie's Predator X in the above image. Gives us a good look at van Persie's traditional tongue.

As for that Barcelona away shirt, I must say I am really disappointed. I was hoping they'd move away from the bright colors they've used in the past, but I didn't want it to be the other end of the spectrum--pitch black. Maybe 2012-2013.

Originally Posted by riphamilton

i wish that they'd at least keep their home strips for a couple of years, and instead maybe introduce new away/third kits every season.
Exactly! Why not let the home shirt, which is usually steeped in history, remain the same for a while, and use away/third kits to explore more creative avenues on a year-to-year basis.

^I think/hope that the ball they're using is just a generic ball with a Barcelona-specific design on it. If you look at the pictures from the Arsenal kit unveiling, you can see that all the promo shots have them using an Arsenal ball, and not the Tracer or any other sort of official ball.
arsenal-125th-anniversary-home-kit-van-persie.jpg

Another unusual thing about Nike's promo pictures for this year is that they're allowing non-Nike sponsored players to have their cleats visible, as evidenced by van Persie's Predator X in the above image. Gives us a good look at van Persie's traditional tongue.

As for that Barcelona away shirt, I must say I am really disappointed. I was hoping they'd move away from the bright colors they've used in the past, but I didn't want it to be the other end of the spectrum--pitch black. Maybe 2012-2013.

Originally Posted by riphamilton

i wish that they'd at least keep their home strips for a couple of years, and instead maybe introduce new away/third kits every season.
Exactly! Why not let the home shirt, which is usually steeped in history, remain the same for a while, and use away/third kits to explore more creative avenues on a year-to-year basis.

They look good.  I wouldn't wear purple but i do like the white base.  A simple white base with black stripes and some red accents will suit me fine.  time to sell some shoes to get money in preparation.

I like the New Barca kits weird not seeing UNICEF on the front but not much you can do.

They look good.  I wouldn't wear purple but i do like the white base.  A simple white base with black stripes and some red accents will suit me fine.  time to sell some shoes to get money in preparation.

I like the New Barca kits weird not seeing UNICEF on the front but not much you can do.

That Arsenal kit w/that huge crest is straight
pimp.gif
 The Barca home is nice and the away is just plain terrible. Add the fact of the sponsor, but hey, Qatar is willing to pay the bills and stock pile on talented world class players, so be it. Winning can make you forget alot of things.

That Arsenal kit w/that huge crest is straight
pimp.gif
 The Barca home is nice and the away is just plain terrible. Add the fact of the sponsor, but hey, Qatar is willing to pay the bills and stock pile on talented world class players, so be it. Winning can make you forget alot of things.

Back
Top Bottom