** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2011 **

Originally Posted by car9vel

Originally Posted by riphamilton

Originally Posted by car9vel

Where do you guys buy your stuff from? I like ordering from Eurosport. I always catch some pretty good deals their. My latest pickup were the new Safari Superfly III. Turned out to be too big for me, so now im back to my World Cup Elite CTRs. Next pick up will be either CTR Elite IIs or maaaaybe some Adizero. I have to get rid of the damn Superfly III first.

fortunately i have access to a swoosh account, which definitely helps. i've ended up getting a lot of stuff from UK ebayers, just because nike releases certain gear across the pond that they don't here - like the ankle shields that i wear all the time (i cut myself with my own studs if i don't). for US stores, soccer.com soccerfanatic.com and motorcitysoccer.com are all great for different things.

i play in the same WC elite CTRs as you do - aren't those the one of the best boots you've ever worn? i have the T90s as well, but they're garbage compared to the CTRs.
For the people with goal club memberships, theres a way to get 20% off anything right now, along with an extra 15% off on Adidas shoes. Youre looking at Adizeros or the new Adipowers for around $125! If you wanna know more PM me.

About the Elite CTRs, yes! I love them, they are so soft. Even if the Superfly III had been my size, i dont think i would have been able to ditch my CTRs. After using the Superfly, my CTRs felt as comfortable as slippers you use around the house.

PM'd.

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

And I've got some news about the ball in the Barcelona kit images: It is in fact the new Nike league ball for the 2011-2012 season. Here are images of the EPL, La Liga, and Serie A version of the ball.
new-t90-ball-2011-a.jpg

i thought (feared) it would be.... the design on that ball is a joke!.... bad tattoo status.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

I don't know if anyone noticed this or knows but is eurosport (soccer.com) like eastbay? in that they will put up pictures of samples.

I ask because these are the soccer.com pics of the new preds.  Notice the strike zone near the laces. and the toungue

i'm almost certain that they do, especially with a new launch like the new predator - they had 'leaked' a couple pics a few weeks ago via their twitter account. here's a pic from charlie adam's (blackpool captain) twitter account of the boots he was sent last weekend.
ad4366546b6547011645986b2d92d1dd30ce800d_r.jpg

to me, it looks like soccer.com's pic is more on-point than soccerbible's.... my comparison skills are def lacking tho.

let's do a comparison of the tracer with the 'seitiro' - tracer specs from NDC are in bold.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

CASING: Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface.
Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface for great touch and durability

DESIGN: Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly.
Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly

DESIGN: Geometric Precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it¿s hit.
Geometric precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it's hit

DESIGN: Perfect Sphericity allows the ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately.
Perfect Sphericity allows ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately

CASING: Compressed Polyethylene Layer stores energy from impact and releases it at launch.

CASING: Cross-Linked Nitrogen-Expanded Foam for exceptional shape retention and durability.
Flexible, cross-linked Nitrogen-expanded foam for exceptional shape retention and durability

CASING: Polyester Support Fabric enhances structure and stability.

BLADDER: 6-wing carbon-latex air chamber for explosive acceleration.
Six-wing carbon-latex bladder for explosive acceleration off of the foot and superior shape retention

WARRANTY: 2 year stitch and shape guarantee.
Two-year stitch and shape guarantee

so essentially, the only 'new' thing is that the seitiro's casing has poly support fabric and a compressed polyethelyne layer.... which i'm sure the tracer has too, but it wasn't in the promo material. great use of copy and paste by nike PR, which is essentially what this ball is.

if you're interested in the tracer, it's a great ball.... plus the BPL version is on clearance for $89.97 on NDC right now, and there's a 20% off code for clearance items (ALLEYOOP) - so you'd pay $72 plus shipping.

let's do a comparison of the tracer with the 'seitiro' - tracer specs from NDC are in bold.

CASING: Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface.
Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface for great touch and durability

DESIGN: Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly.
Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly

DESIGN: Geometric Precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it¿s hit.
Geometric precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it's hit

DESIGN: Perfect Sphericity allows the ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately.
Perfect Sphericity allows ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately

CASING: Compressed Polyethylene Layer stores energy from impact and releases it at launch.

CASING: Cross-Linked Nitrogen-Expanded Foam for exceptional shape retention and durability.
Flexible, cross-linked Nitrogen-expanded foam for exceptional shape retention and durability

CASING: Polyester Support Fabric enhances structure and stability.

BLADDER: 6-wing carbon-latex air chamber for explosive acceleration.
Six-wing carbon-latex bladder for explosive acceleration off of the foot and superior shape retention

WARRANTY: 2 year stitch and shape guarantee.
Two-year stitch and shape guarantee

so essentially, the only 'new' thing is that the seitiro's casing has poly support fabric and a compressed polyethelyne layer.... which i'm sure the tracer has too, but it wasn't in the promo material. great use of copy and paste by nike PR, which is essentially what this ball is.

if you're interested in the tracer, it's a great ball.... plus the BPL version is on clearance for $89.97 on NDC right now, and there's a 20% off code for clearance items (ALLEYOOP) - so you'd pay $72 plus shipping.

i'm almost certain that they do, especially with a new launch like the new predator - they had 'leaked' a couple pics a few weeks ago via their twitter account. here's a pic from charlie adam's (blackpool captain) twitter account of the boots he was sent last weekend.

to me, it looks like soccer.com's pic is more on-point than soccerbible's.... my comparison skills are def lacking tho.
Thanks man you look right looks like soccer.com has the correct ones thanks

Thanks man you look right looks like soccer.com has the correct ones thanks

CASING: Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface. DESIGN: Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly. DESIGN: Geometric Precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it¿s hit. DESIGN: Perfect Sphericity allows the ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately. CASING: Compressed Polyethylene Layer stores energy from impact and releases it at launch. CASING: Cross-Linked Nitrogen-Expanded Foam for exceptional shape retention and durability. CASING: Polyester Support Fabric enhances structure and stability. BLADDER: 6-wing carbon-latex air chamber for explosive acceleration. WARRANTY: 2 year stitch and shape guarantee.
Wow great images and info! Where did you get it?

Brands' focus on "sphericity" (which is, apparently, an actual word) in recent soccer balls is an odd trend. I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with the shape of soccer balls; they were perfectly round back in the 80's, right?

It seems to me that the pattern on the ball is the only thing they've really changed.

CASING: Micro-textured casing improves ball control by equalizing airflow over the surface. DESIGN: Depth-enhanced performance graphic is designed to catch the peripheral vision and engage the central vision quickly. DESIGN: Geometric Precision distributes pressure evenly across panels and around the ball for a consistent, accurate and powerful strike no matter where it¿s hit. DESIGN: Perfect Sphericity allows the ball to fly faster, farther, and more accurately. CASING: Compressed Polyethylene Layer stores energy from impact and releases it at launch. CASING: Cross-Linked Nitrogen-Expanded Foam for exceptional shape retention and durability. CASING: Polyester Support Fabric enhances structure and stability. BLADDER: 6-wing carbon-latex air chamber for explosive acceleration. WARRANTY: 2 year stitch and shape guarantee.
Wow great images and info! Where did you get it?

Brands' focus on "sphericity" (which is, apparently, an actual word) in recent soccer balls is an odd trend. I don't think anyone has ever had a problem with the shape of soccer balls; they were perfectly round back in the 80's, right?

It seems to me that the pattern on the ball is the only thing they've really changed.

I think alot of it has to do with the bladder construction, if it is stronger/more durable, you don't get the dreaded lumps you get after hard play like with basketballs and such. I know my brother's F50 got torn to shreds and started to malform because he kicks the damn thing so hard.

I think alot of it has to do with the bladder construction, if it is stronger/more durable, you don't get the dreaded lumps you get after hard play like with basketballs and such. I know my brother's F50 got torn to shreds and started to malform because he kicks the damn thing so hard.

But haven't most top-of-the-line balls had pretty solid bladders for a few years--if not decades--now?

And I think sure that Adidas's focus on making the ball more spherical actually stresses the covering more than the bladder, which is why they love talking about their heat-fused seams and such.

Either way, I'm sure the new Nike ball will kick around just fine (probably about the same as the Ascente and Tracer), but that aesthetic design is just so much worse in my opinion.

But haven't most top-of-the-line balls had pretty solid bladders for a few years--if not decades--now?

And I think sure that Adidas's focus on making the ball more spherical actually stresses the covering more than the bladder, which is why they love talking about their heat-fused seams and such.

Either way, I'm sure the new Nike ball will kick around just fine (probably about the same as the Ascente and Tracer), but that aesthetic design is just so much worse in my opinion.

Manchester United 2011/2012 Home Kit
5744338629_25b129382a_z.jpg

5744886620_6b216fe118_z.jpg

5744338215_167f3088eb_b.jpg

Manchester City 2011/2012 Away Kit
Manchester-City-2011-2012-Away-Shirt.jpg

5752661883_db6b4ed49f_b.jpg

5752667213_3d47ba129b_b.jpg

Goalie Shirt
5752660991_3946706654_b.jpg

Socks
5753199262_faeb33ac03_b.jpg

Bringing the FA Cup back:
5752662119_4a5f0505fe_b.jpg

5744338215_167f3088eb_b.jpg

Manchester City 2011/2012 Away Kit
Manchester-City-2011-2012-Away-Shirt.jpg

5752661883_db6b4ed49f_b.jpg

5752667213_3d47ba129b_b.jpg

Goalie Shirt
5752660991_3946706654_b.jpg

Socks
5753199262_faeb33ac03_b.jpg

Bringing the FA Cup back:
5752662119_4a5f0505fe_b.jpg

the shorts (and sleeves to a lesser extent) look longer.... more like the fit that was introduced on the france kit. i'm not a big fan.

also, jack wilshere (@jack_wilshere) tweeted that he was at a nike photoshoot today, he intended to post some pics, but that he couldn't show pics because "they are top secret and not released till july".
we've already seen the new arsenal kit, and the new ball in the iniesta pic.... does this mean a new 360 in the works?

the shorts (and sleeves to a lesser extent) look longer.... more like the fit that was introduced on the france kit. i'm not a big fan.

also, jack wilshere (@jack_wilshere) tweeted that he was at a nike photoshoot today, he intended to post some pics, but that he couldn't show pics because "they are top secret and not released till july".
we've already seen the new arsenal kit, and the new ball in the iniesta pic.... does this mean a new 360 in the works?

No it is regarding the new away shirt and possible 3rd shirt.

Yes we've seen it but it is not "officially" revealed so he cannot post pictures.

No it is regarding the new away shirt and possible 3rd shirt.

Yes we've seen it but it is not "officially" revealed so he cannot post pictures.

I can't comment on the Third Kit as I haven't seen or heard about it before, but the blue Away Kit seems to be legitimate. I've seen it several times now.

Also, some rumored Real Madrid Home & Away Kits are making the round. I'm not going to post pictures yet because it's not a sure thing, but the home is white with gold trim and the away is black with gold trim. Also the home has a proper collar around the neck just like a regular polo.

I can't comment on the Third Kit as I haven't seen or heard about it before, but the blue Away Kit seems to be legitimate. I've seen it several times now.

Also, some rumored Real Madrid Home & Away Kits are making the round. I'm not going to post pictures yet because it's not a sure thing, but the home is white with gold trim and the away is black with gold trim. Also the home has a proper collar around the neck just like a regular polo.

Back
Top Bottom