Some Jordan Collectors are Hypocrites, at least IMO...

People... It's okay for others to feel that Carmines are ugly, because everyone has different taste, more over, he's a younger fan who doesn't getto see much while Michael was at his best...
I have a strong believe, that everyone who loves White/Black/Concord XI, sure love White/Carminee as well.
They have the same sight of toe while people are wearing them... ONLY THE TOE!
Also... First championship.... Regardless before or after retirement...

9596PeteMyers.jpg
shoes_airjordan_06.jpeg

its cuz hes a youngin' and he just dont get it, well here is my response to that, na its not even that im young and i dont get it, there is nothing to get, all those shoes i listed are just plain ugly.
For the record i dont like any of the shoes i have talked about or named in this post, new or OGs.
you just answered your question
agree with the bordeaux 7s and shadow 10s or the orange-leather 22s for example being ugly, that's why I don't or didn't get them.
To be honest, I only collect Js in OG colorways, cause I also saw him play and win championships wearing them.
indifferent.gif

bordeaux VIIs were back then, and still are one of the most beautifull colorways ever made of an Air Jordan

Originally Posted by jordan4life09

Originally Posted by odiggidy

oh and of course i'd take infared vi over the midnight vi.

Hmm but sport blue 6s
pimp.gif
over Infrareds
smokin.gif
right??
I honestly like the blue colorways over the black.white/red ones now too

True blues > white cements (maybe black cements too)
Sport blues > infrareds
Powder blue 10s > shadows
Columbias > Black and red 11s
flint 13s > black and red 13s
OG blue 14s > all 14s

You get the point...
And as said before...Doesnt matter if its an OG or not..If its ugly its ugly, if its hot its hot

oh yeah i forgot about sport blue vi
eek.gif
that is one gorgeous shoe. yeahsport blues>>>>infareds. and yes icy columbias >blk/red xi . blue colorways are
pimp.gif

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Sorry if this is in reference to kids that weren't even born when the OG's dropped then maybe, but not to theolder member's on this board. The reason the OG color's are hyped up by US, is because we remember having those sneakers on our feet, they are part ofour past, the grapes were and still are a dope colorway, so are the fire reds, cardinal VII's etc. And Aqua 8's sold well, back in the day, not asquickly as they sell out now, but you have to take into account the information on release dates was not as readily available, and spending 130+ for sneakerswas still not as acceptable (we were in a recession). In addition if you were actually old enough to remember that time frame, when the aqua's dropped westcoast rap and grunge was HUGE, Jordan aqua's did not fall into either one of their styles, Chucks, Puma clydes, Vans, Converse DR j's those weregetting alot of burn, but Aqua's were still popular. *********One thing I can agree on you with, is that Shadow 10's were NOT that popular, althoughthe colorway was relevant to the time (1994) colorway, because alot of dark colors were popular that year olive greens, browns, grey's Jordan had retiredand his kicks lost some steam. Carmine's were another one that I didn't like much but i still remember alot of people wearing them. Grape V's werebig, once again it goes back to that time frame. Your argument is unfortunately HORRIBLE. If you are age 12-19 your entire culture is all recycled stuff from aprevious generation. What is original to you a colorway? An Ipod? and XBOX 360? Please, all the sneakers on your feet are from the early 80's late90's, your clothing is all recycled from 80's 90's, damn near your entire style is derived from another time frame. This has nothing to do with OHyou older guys think you know everything blahb blah blah, its the truth. I honestly feel sorry for today's generation, what do you really have to call yourown? Your music sucks, nothing but ringtone rappers, and retro kicks. People need to start coming up with some original ideas instead of beating things todeath.

I think someone who spends tons of money just because some dude they never really knew used to play basketball in them is really dumb. I buy jordans becausethey look good. If i want to show my support as a fan I'll buy a dvd. No way am I wastin 150 a month on his shoes just because he played goood ball.

Originally Posted by Sonickicks

Mj wore em and most of us approve.
Are you okay with that? I mean I can never justify spending 150 a pair just because some dude I dont even know wore them to play ball.

i agree with you i love alot of the retro colorways but some of them are ....eehhh
but still i like what looks good i dont only buy OGs i jusst buy the ones i think is hot and quality is another issue i put into my jordan buying decisions

i agree...there are so many people on niketalk who say they used to walk into stores weeks after a release and buy the shoes like "in the good ol'days" but not even half of those people actually did that because they werent even alive.....I know there are many of the guys on here that are that oldand knowledgable about jordans but there are even more young kids on here who pretend to be "OG" collectors and they always knock the new releases.
smh.gif

The young dudes bak these new shoes and new colorways hard b/c its the style and trend now a days. Simple. Wats fresh 2 these younger dudes isnt necessarilyfresh for the dudes that was collectn 20 yrs ago. Me personally i collect not on breakin necks or turnin heads but to simply have sumthin 2 charish or 2 havememories of.

BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY SAW MJ PLAY IN THE SHOES.

THAT'S WHY WE GOT INTO SNEAKERS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I hate young kids coming in here and telling us older guys what we should like, when they have no idea why we're here in the first place.
co-sign.

Its hilarious how these newbie hypebeasts trying to tell the older collectors what they should like. do you even know what OG colorways mean?

Im 19 and i still do consider myself a kid, sorry im not old and about to die like some of you guys that saw MJ play through out his entire carrier, sorry my parents didnt get together sooner and have me sooner so that i could be older and wiser and better than everyone else because i saw MJ play like all of you old timers.

Older timers got all the OG and older retros you newbies would love to have.

EMac291

If grapes, carmines, those 7s from MJ vs Mike Jackson commercial, aquas, and shadows were not OGs everyone would be hating on those, talking about how Jordan Brand has been putting out crap and all this other stuff you guys be saying.

Dude, for real? Grapes and carmines are ugly? Are you serious? These colors are hot homeboy, that's why they sold out and you can't find'em. Many people like the grapes. I am not all about OG colors but I do realize their importance and significance over other shoes. It is nice to haveJordan play in certain colors. And I think we all gravitate towards these shoes. But not everybody hates the Peapods. I actually have a pair. And if you happento take a glance at price sizes on eastbay, you'll see that they sold out. You can find them on other sites that are low key. But in the stores they aregone. So maybe it's certain ppl on NikeTalk that hate on them or ppl perpetrating as if they don't like them. I don't see any reason to get upsetabout ppl not liking certain colors. And interests change and colors may grow on you. I couldn't stand the XX3's at first. I love the 2 pair coming outin Feb and will probably wake up first thing to go cop a pair. Imma rock whatever colors I want no matter who clowns 'em. Ya heard?!?!

Its hilarious how these newbie hypebeasts trying to tell the older collectors what they should like. do you even know what OG colorways mean?

Im 19 and i still do consider myself a kid, sorry im not old and about to die like some of you guys that saw MJ play through out his entire carrier, sorry my parents didnt get together sooner and have me sooner so that i could be older and wiser and better than everyone else because i saw MJ play like all of you old timers.

Dog im finna turn 18 but i been collectin and gettin hand me downs from my older brothas since 90' its not even about who's older its about the onesthat cop jordans b/c they remember sumthin about them jays from bak in the days. Thats why i and other dudes lik the OGs cuz wen they retro alotta times u liki remember those or i had those or I wanted em but cudnt get them or sumthin lik dat. Alot of dez young dudes cop jays not b/c they RELATE to the shoe or b/cthe shoe looks good for that matter but b/c its cool or b/c everyone at skool will have them.

i understand what you mean but some of the shoes hold sentimental values for some collectors so they aren't just shoes they are memories.
i definitely agree with ur aqua statement

blco2 he's not tellin you what you should like, but he's predicting what you would like

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

I think someone who spends tons of money just because some dude they never really knew used to play basketball in them is really dumb. I buy jordans because they look good. If i want to show my support as a fan I'll buy a dvd. No way am I wastin 150 a month on his shoes just because he played goood ball.
i agree

BECAUSE WE ACTUALLY SAW MJ PLAY IN THE SHOES.

THAT'S WHY WE GOT INTO SNEAKERS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I hate young kids coming in here and telling us older guys what we should like, when they have no idea why we're here in the first place.
yes, agreed

Back
Top Bottom