Someone school on the "Black Card"

Originally Posted by Napoleon

I still don't get WHY any one would use a CHARGE card.
30t6p3b.gif
Can someone explain this?

It seems like I might as well use the debit and keep it moving.
^adding to what he said...
The perks and the symbolic nature of it. They were going to pay in cash anyways... why not do it in style?

30t6p3b.gif

The perks and the symbolic nature of it. They were going to pay in cash anyways... why not do it in style?

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

30t6p3b.gif

The same reason that wealthy folks/ corporations do not pay any bill before the actual due date (or write the check/ wire transfer a few days before to allow settlement) even though they can pay it 2 or 3 weeks early.

Don't be so quick to let go of your money. There is an opportunity cost in giving it up early. Same goes for paying debit/cash.

It's not about building up credit. This is peddled propaganda for poorer people.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

30t6p3b.gif

Exactly What I thought... Its a "stunt" factor.

You can't tell me all those "Perks" are REALLY worth it.

I understand a business with massive transactions and a quick way to do it but individuals don't really need a card like that. Its just silly at the end of the day

30t6p3b.gif

The same reason that wealthy folks/ corporations do not pay any bill before the actual due date (or write the check/ wire transfer a few days before to allow settlement) even though they can pay it 2 or 3 weeks early.

Don't be so quick to let go of your money. There is an opportunity cost in giving it up early. Same goes for paying debit/cash.

It's not about building up credit. This is peddled propaganda for poorer people.

30t6p3b.gif

I understand a business with massive transactions and a quick way to do it but individuals don't really need a card like that. Its just silly at the end of the day

^Yea, it's not worth it. People that rich are not looking for that. Many are trying to make their increasingly mundane lives a little bit more flashier. There's only so many times one can go to St. Barts without G5 access (I don't even know if that's a perk but you get the idea).

^Yea, it's not worth it. People that rich are not looking for that. Many are trying to make their increasingly mundane lives a little bit more flashier. There's only so many times one can go to St. Barts without G5 access (I don't even know if that's a perk but you get the idea).

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It's not silly  when you are spending 250k+ year. Imagine cumulatively carrying around at least 250k cash and  having at least 250k for 1 less month.

Being able to charge on credit is important. The problem is it's not for everyone.

30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

It's not silly  when you are spending 250k+ year. Imagine cumulatively carrying around at least 250k cash and  having at least 250k for 1 less month.

Being able to charge on credit is important. The problem is it's not for everyone.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

My dad got offered it for his business.
They send out a box, pamplet and ect. as presentation.
His company uses the Southwest Airlines Visa Signature.
They charge everything they buy with it but his name is on it.
I guess Amex caught wind and said, hey we got a better card.
He runs a Non- profit and he said in would not look right to ask for donations while running around with black card in his pocket.
He gets 1600 a month for a car as an executive perk and still drives 2003 Buick Park Avenue.  

He always told me "Rich " is the name poor people gives to people they think money.
"Wealthy" is the name Uncle Sam gives to people with actual money.

People "with money" don't consider themselves as "Rich" or "Wealthy".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
hood rich ftl.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

My dad got offered it for his business.
They send out a box, pamplet and ect. as presentation.
His company uses the Southwest Airlines Visa Signature.
They charge everything they buy with it but his name is on it.
I guess Amex caught wind and said, hey we got a better card.
He runs a Non- profit and he said in would not look right to ask for donations while running around with black card in his pocket.
He gets 1600 a month for a car as an executive perk and still drives 2003 Buick Park Avenue.  

He always told me "Rich " is the name poor people gives to people they think money.
"Wealthy" is the name Uncle Sam gives to people with actual money.

People "with money" don't consider themselves as "Rich" or "Wealthy".
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
hood rich ftl.

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Henz0 has one.

Enough said.

not hating but this seems to be getting out of hand....props to dude though, seems chill....but some of you are beasting
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sneaky

Henz0 has one.

Enough said.

not hating but this seems to be getting out of hand....props to dude though, seems chill....but some of you are beasting
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Debit cards don't help your credit and offer little to no security.

Not true as long as your debt card carries a Visa or MC logo you get the same protection as a Visa or MC credit card.

The benefit of a charge card is the reward program.
No, actually he is right. Even though it has a Visa or MC logo, your actual cash can be frozen and held up while a fraud case is being worked out. If you have hundreds of thousands in your checking account, a thief has direct acess to your money until Visa or MC refund it. This could take a long time for bigger cases, which means you will have no cash. With AMEX or any credit card, theyll suspend the account or and it wont affect anything. BTW, AMEX charge card also covers electronics and tech, adding a warrarnty and insurance if you damage it even by accident (at least mine but I only have gold
laugh.gif
) . It is much better to buy items with it than cash IMO. Not to mention points build up fairly quickly if you make all business purchases on it, which if enough can offset the yearly fees.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Debit cards don't help your credit and offer little to no security.

Not true as long as your debt card carries a Visa or MC logo you get the same protection as a Visa or MC credit card.

The benefit of a charge card is the reward program.
No, actually he is right. Even though it has a Visa or MC logo, your actual cash can be frozen and held up while a fraud case is being worked out. If you have hundreds of thousands in your checking account, a thief has direct acess to your money until Visa or MC refund it. This could take a long time for bigger cases, which means you will have no cash. With AMEX or any credit card, theyll suspend the account or and it wont affect anything. BTW, AMEX charge card also covers electronics and tech, adding a warrarnty and insurance if you damage it even by accident (at least mine but I only have gold
laugh.gif
) . It is much better to buy items with it than cash IMO. Not to mention points build up fairly quickly if you make all business purchases on it, which if enough can offset the yearly fees.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

dude really asked what the point of credit was?? come on bro.
Its a charge card. Not a credit card. There is a difference.

ok.....it still defers your payment til the end of the month........you cant defer payment and rack up interest like on a normal cc, but who wants to do that anyway?

ok.....it still defers your payment til the end of the month........you cant defer payment and rack up interest like on a normal cc, but who wants to do that anyway?

They both revolve around the concept of extending credit.

They both revolve around the concept of extending credit.

Wait, for those saying the card isn't by invitation only, here's what it said on the American Express website:

"Available by invitation only". http://www.americanexpres...rion_card_benefits.shtml

I kind of want one. I'm not the type of dude to start spending that kind of money, so it blows my mind why I actually do want one. I feel mad insecure though knowing I want one, cause obviously I'd only be using it for the status.

$250,000 per year
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom