Something Isn't right about Kendrick Johnson Death....................

"As appalling as the image of Kendrick’s post-mortem face may be, it’s up to the GBI’s medical experts to determine if the lacerations and bruising were the result of positional asphyxiation and elapsed time, or if it was the result of foul play."

This is quoted from a writer from a local newspaper who had no contact with either the family or the GBI nor had seen the body in person.....

It's the writer's interpretation of the photo... not an actual analysis of the condition of the body

Last edited:
"As appalling as the image of Kendrick’s post-mortem face may be, it’s up to the GBI’s medical experts to determine if the lacerations and bruising were the result of positional asphyxiation and elapsed time, or if it was the result of foul play."

where's the source for this quote?

This well respected news source:

http://m.valdostadailytimes.com/VDT/db_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ui7UStew&full=true#display

Actually, that isn't even in parentheses, so I don't think that it is a quote. It's just the writer of that article noting "bruises and lacerations" from looking at that same pic that was posted in here earlier. :smh:

I don't think that they need the FBI to investigate this, I think that they need someone who actually has a valid degree in Journalism to help their local news agencies.

Last edited:
show me the evidence of the sheriff's office ruling out foul play before an autopsy?
please.... and do not link me to a blog site

By nightfall ( the day he was found), Sheriff Prine said investigators did not suspect foul play in the death. Authorities would not elaborate on why they do not suspect foul play.

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x1303517021/Probe-into-death-continues

On January 11, Johnson’s death was ruled an accident by the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department and media outlets reported it that way...

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/sh...-question-coroner-even-seeking-answers-46388/

It is normal for the local authorities such as the Sherriff's Department to make statements in an investigation, but to unilaterally make a statement on the same day (January 11) as if it is nearly a closed case is presumptuous to say the very least.

http://www.examiner.com/article/low...wers-one-month-after-kendrick-johnson-s-death

Please respond

Last edited:
Too me it looks like this is a accident. Dude probably smoke or drank during school which most youngsters do, the mat was probably vertical position rolled up. He probably;y was walking over it and his loose shoe feel down in it.

He probably tried to lean in face first, slipped through and bust his face/dome which caused him to maybe be disoriented or pass out unconscious and died.

Case closed..accident

show me the evidence of the sheriff's office ruling out foul play before an autopsy?

By nightfall ( the day he was found), Sheriff Prine said investigators did not suspect foul play in the death. Authorities would not elaborate on why they do not suspect foul play.

On January 11, Johnson’s death was ruled an accident by the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department and media outlets reported it that way...

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/sh...-question-coroner-even-seeking-answers-46388/

It is normal for the local authorities such as the Sherriff's Department to make statements in an investigation, but to unilaterally make a statement on the same day (January 11) as if it is nearly a closed case is presumptuous to say the very least.

http://www.examiner.com/article/low...wers-one-month-after-kendrick-johnson-s-death

Please respond

"In essence, a determination was made on the same day via a statement through the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department--led by Chris Prine-- that no foul play was suspected."

""At some point, Kendrick Johnson either reached into the center of one of the rolled mats or fell into the center opening of the mat and became lodged," according the sheriff’s office statement."

"We feel like he was trying to reach a shoe that was down that hole," the sheriff said, "but no one knows (why he reached into the mat) but him and the good Lord."

So the family is mad that they aren't receiving information fast enough, but the fact that the sheriff made a premature statement about the death is proof that he is covering something up?

."Sheriff’s and GBI investigators initially worked the scene as a suspected homicide. The sheriff’s office and Lowndes County School System issued a statement of suspecting no foul play by Friday night...."

"A coroner may also conduct or order an investigation into the manner or cause of death, and investigate or confirm the identity of an unknown person who has been found dead within the coroner's jurisdiction."

If the coroner had ordered an investigation, who do you think would have handled it? I will help you out. The GBI, the same people who the sheriff allowed to investigate it in the first place. After reading these articles, it almost seems like the sheriff was walking on eggshells, releasing premature statements and sending it straight to the GBI, trying to please everyone, and it has come back to bite him in the ***.

I think that this death is so unique and strange that the family is never going to be fully happy with the explanation. I don't blame 'em for that. It is tough.

Last edited:

local News station says otherwise.
http://www.wtxl.com/news/local/upda...cle_5f7def5e-5c17-11e2-8666-0019bb30f31a.html

(Dated January 11th 6:40pm)

Despite launching the investigating as a "possible homicide", a joint statement released by Lowndes County School Superintendent Wes Taylor and Sheriff Chris Prine says "Although the exact cause of death is yet to be determined, as of this stage of the investigation, nothing has been discovered to indicate foul play was involved, according to Sheriff Prine. An autopsy will be conducted on Monday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation medical examiner’s office to attempt to determine an exact cause of death.

it almost seems like the sheriff was walking on eggshells, releasing premature statements and sending it straight to the GBI, trying to please everyone, and it has come back to bite him in the ***.

I think the main cause of the paranoia is the update on the progress of the investigation... most people in here take that as the Sheriff giving an absolute ruling on cause of death.

I guess this is why some police departments have policies against disclosing any information to the public until investigations are complete.

Then again, people will claim its a media blackout and be even more paranoid.... It's a no win situation.

Last edited:

Two things are weird to me, the fact that the coroner wasn't notified, and the way that he supposedly died. I have a feeling that the GBI would have ultimately been responsible for the investigation anyways though, and I don't know how those mats look in real life. Stranger things have happened. The news coverage of this has been terrible.
I agree it has been.  The way the case is being handled is the reason `why there are questions about his death in the first place.

which news agency reported that?

not blog site..... news agency right? Which one?
lol growing a little impatient  since I haven't been on all day.  
mean.gif

Last edited:

Two things are weird to me, the fact that the coroner wasn't notified, and the way that he supposedly died. I have a feeling that the GBI would have ultimately been responsible for the investigation anyways though, and I don't know how those mats look in real life. Stranger things have happened. The news coverage of this has been terrible.

I agree it has been.  The way the case is being handled is the reason `why there are questions about his death in the first place.

If you really look at it, it hasn't been handled suspiciously. The coroner just wants some shine, maybe he has a beef with the sheriff or he feels like he was overlooked and unimportant because he wasn't notified. If he had checked out the body, and ruled the death accidental, the family and community would be trippin' talmbout the coroner and the sheriff are in on the murder coverup too. If he had checked it out and decided it warranted further investigation, the GBI would have wound up doing the investigation anyways. So what is really suspicious? There is actually zero evidence that anything is amiss.

"We feel like he was trying to reach a shoe that was down that hole," the sheriff said, "but no one knows (why he reached into the mat) but him and the good Lord."

This right here is what confuses me about this case too.  So did they find him with one of his shoes off?  Or was he found with both shoes on?  If he fell in the mat to get a shoe that fell off and got stuck he wouldn't have been able to put his shoe back on if he couldn't get out.   The sheriff could clear this up right away but he hasn't which raised a lot of the questions towards the sheriff's investigation.  I don't know why the sheriff wouldn't want to clear this up asap.

This right here is what confuses me about this case too.  So did they find him with one of his shoes off?  Or was he found with both shoes on?  If he fell in the mat to get a shoe that fell off and got stuck he wouldn't have been able to put his shoe back on if he couldn't get out.   The sheriff could clear this up right away but he hasn't which raised a lot of the questions towards the sheriff's investigation.  I don't know why the sheriff wouldn't want to clear this up asap.

I think that the media in that town is low budget and they aren't reporting everything. I have seen a lot of op ed type pieces and personal opinions spouted as facts. The sheriff should definitely clarify everything with the family.

If you really look at it, it hasn't been handled suspiciously. The coroner just wants some shine, maybe he has a beef with the sheriff or he feels like he was overlooked and unimportant because he wasn't notified. If he had checked out the body, and ruled the death accidental, the family and community would be trippin' talmbout the coroner and the sheriff are in on the murder coverup too. If he had checked it out and decided it warranted further investigation, the GBI would have wound up doing the investigation anyways. So what is really suspicious? There is actually zero evidence that anything is amiss.
I think it's because people don't trust the sheriff in that community just from things that have happened in that town in the past. A lot of  people in that town believe it was cover up and the sheriff didn't handle the case like he should have. He should have called the  the local coroner right away and he should have let the family identify the body the day he was found.  Instead it took the local media to get involved for the sheriff to let the family see Kendrick. 
mean.gif

I wonder if Kendrick had any drugs in his system.   I bet the toxicology report is one of things that's holding the case up.   If it turns out he had some type of downer in his system I would be able to believe the Sheriff's story of how he died.  It would make sense otherwise it sounds suspect.

I think that the media in that town is low budget and they aren't reporting everything. I have seen a lot of op ed type pieces and personal opinions spouted as facts. The sheriff should definitely clarify everything with the family.
I agree he should.  

What I want to know is why the local media  would make up lies though?  Don't they realize they could start a race riot by spreading false info? 
mean.gif

I don't know what to think with this case anymore.  Either the sheriff and GBI is lying which could be true but it would be crazy or all of the local media is making **** up which would also be crazy lol  

Also why doesn't the sheriff just come out and say one of his shoes were off if he feels like he was reaching for a shoe then?  It would help clear a lot of rumors up.

Last edited:

I agree he should.  

What I want to know is why the local media  would make up lies though?  Don't they realize they could start a race riot by spreading false info?  :smh:   
I don't know what to think with this case anymore.  Either the sheriff and GBI is lying which could be true but it would be crazy or all of the local media is making **** up which would also be crazy lol  

Also why doesn't the sheriff just come out and say one of his shoes were off if he feels like he was reaching for a shoe then?  It would help clear a lot of rumors up.

I don't think that the media is making stuff up, they are just interjecting their own opinions into the articles, which is piss poor journalism. Also, most of the stuff that we see online is just speculation and comments from people who most likely don't know anything. I don't know if you are familiar with small Southern towns, but the rumor mills are strong in places like that. A lot of people get together and boost each other up and come up with these insane fantasies and spread them around as truths. The people who do this are usually not highly educated individuals, but just small town people who have nothing better to do than speculate or make up stories about local events and individuals. I don't like the fact that the family says the sheriff told them different stories. One was that he was found in the mat, then another is that he was found beside it. The shoe issue is strange too. For all we know, the police are just inept and not responding to the family out of arrogance (which is probable) or the family is just confused by what the police are telling them, or the way that they are telling them. This could be due to them having contact with different officers or organizations who don't have all of the facts themselves. The sheriff needs to hold a press conference, with the family there, and lay all of this out and explain why everyone is getting these conflicting stories.

I don't think that the media is making stuff up, they are just interjecting their own opinions into the articles, which is piss poor journalism. Also, most of the stuff that we see online is just speculation and comments from people who most likely don't know anything. I don't know if you are familiar with small Southern towns, but the rumor mills are strong in places like that. A lot of people get together and boost each other up and come up with these insane fantasies and spread them around as truths. The people who do this are usually not highly educated individuals, but just small town people who have nothing better to do than speculate or make up stories about local events and individuals. I don't like the fact that the family says the sheriff told them different stories. One was that he was found in the mat, then another is that he was found beside it. The shoe issue is strange too. For all we know, the police are just inept and not responding to the family out of arrogance (which is probable) or the family is just confused by what the police are telling them, or the way that they are telling them. This could be due to them having contact with different officers or organizations who don't have all of the facts themselves. The sheriff needs to hold a press conference, with the family there, and lay all of this out and explain why everyone is getting these conflicting stories.
I agree.  Doing something so simple as holding a press conference for the community with the family and the sheriff answering questions would help a lot.   At this point though I think it's to late and I don't think the family wants anything to do with the sheriff.   

Bro, how you just gonna throw out that baseless speculation after all the **** you been talking in here? I suppose you got it all figured out off your little google searches now. Thought you weren't posting anymore in here? Like I said. Biased. You have determined what you would prefer to believe and proceed fit the little bit of info we have into that box. Should be obvious to everyone in this thread. You're just as bad as KKK guy.

Bro, how you just gonna throw out that baseless speculation after all the **** you been talking in here? I suppose you got it all figured out off your little google searches now. Thought you weren't posting anymore in here? Like I said. Biased. You have determined what you would prefer to believe and proceed fit the little bit of info we have into that box. Should be obvious to everyone in this thread. You're just as bad as KKK guy.

:rofl:

That chip on your shoulder is getting bigger by the day, huh?

:rofl:

I thought u were all about the facts my man. But this whole page is nothing but u making stories up to fit your viewpoint. Ignoring your own hipocracy doesnt make it any less evident. Ur probably 12 so I dont know why I even bother.

I thought u were all about the facts my man. But this whole page is nothing but u making stories up to fit your viewpoint. Ignoring your own hipocracy doesnt make it any less evident. Ur probably 12 so I dont know why I even bother.

I think that we all know who is the biased one in here. I know that you want it to be a racist white conspiracy, because it confirms your narrow minded world view and paranoia. But sometimes things just happen. Sometimes kids die accidentally, no matter what race they are.

I could go through this thread and find at least 10 posts (probably more) that state that this "had to be a racist murder" or "was definitely the KKK" or "the sheriff is covering it up" or "there is no way that his face looks like that without being beaten to death". All I am doing is exploring possibilities based on the facts that we have so far.

Back
Top Bottom